User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I have taken back a pair of shoes that I have worn before.
    I bought a pair that were around $40 wore them for a week and the soles started ripping away from the material and I had these big holes in the sides where the fabric meets the rubber sole, and I just walked in them not being hard on them nothing so we took them back told them I wore them for a week and that is what they did, the girls there looked surprised that the shoes were that crappy when we paid that much for them so they let me pick out a different brand, slightly different style that were the same price.

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Trading Score
    56 (100%)

Hahaha! Funny! No, the customer is not always right. However, I always tried to treat them like they were until it became obvious that they were not. I worked in retail for two years....the stories I could tell!

I think my personal favourite is when I first started working retail at a grocery store with a small LCBO. I think this was like my first week there. This guy came up to the cash with some booze, and I asked him for ID. Looking back, I probably didn't need to do that but I had just started and I was being cautious (since it's the cashier's arse on the line if you don't ID and they are under age). So the guy tells me that his ID is out in the car and supposedly goes out to get it. Comes back in with no ID but instead with his girlfriend. So she proceeds to show her ID and we kindly explain that we can't accept her ID, because he was the one coming in with the intent to purchase it and he is the one that needs to show his ID. Otherwise we could get into trouble because she could be buying it for a minor, right? Well, let me tell you. They started having a huge fit because it was St. Patty's and the girl's birthday and how could we do this to them....they are literally YELLING and swearing! Everyone in the entire store is staring at them, had to get management out to tell them to leave. Finally after yelling at the manager, they stormed out! I never did understand people that come into a store to buy alcohol and don't bring any form of ID. I mean, yeah, if you are obviously old enough....but I am 23 and I always bring my ID because I look young and don't want to take the chance. Isn't it just easier?

Trading Score
    56 (100%)

Oooh here's another story too. I once worked for about 6 months at this convenience store. This guy comes in and asks me to charge him for a Coke, and then goes to the fridge to get it out. I made the mistake of charging him for a bottle instead of a can (because we sold both there). The guy proceeds to berate me, telling me that I need to go back to school and asking for my manager because he is going to make sure that I never work there again!! This was a difference of like .50 cents! And it was not like I wasn't going to fix it and give him back the correct change...well, when I did fix it and give him back the right change, I threw it on the counter at him and said "THERE'S YOUR CHANGE!" Boy, was he mad! LOL

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information