• 2 Post By paylessgetmore
  • 1 Post By Neeenerz
  • 2 Post By Anna Michele
  • 1 Post By Neeenerz

Thread: Question about SDM Optimum Points

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi everyone. 🙂 My question is if I would like to redeem my points at 20x an event if I spend $50 - Can I use coupons? Does my total have to reach at $50 before coupons? What happens if coupons are entered, obviously it's going to bring my total down. I couldn't find any information on this. Thanks so much! 😀
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I'm afraid I cannot help you with the redemption question as I have not redeemed points yet but I do know that coupons are treated as money tendered just like paying with cash or a gift card. The in-store clearance stickers however ($1 $2 off stickers) bring the original purchase price down so you will only get points on the lower clearance price. Hope that helps a bit.

Kelly

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by theexxx View Post
    I'm afraid I cannot help you with the redemption question as I have not redeemed points yet but I do know that coupons are treated as money tendered just like paying with cash or a gift card. The in-store clearance stickers however ($1 $2 off stickers) bring the original purchase price down so you will only get points on the lower clearance price. Hope that helps a bit.

Kelly
    Thanks so much! 😀 I'll let you know how it works out on my optimum redemption. 😂

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Been mentioned on here atleast 100 times haha..
    anyways I'll give you some examples so theres no misunderstanding (I believe this is all accurate, though there was changes this year, so if anything changed someone should say otherwise)

20 x point event for spending $50
    Total bill is $50 then redeem $10 = no bonus points
    Total Bill is $60 then redeem $10, as its atleast 50 you would quality for bonus points only on the amount you paid ($50)
    Total Bill is $65 then you redeemed $10 and used a $5 off coupon = Same as above but you should get points on $55 even though you only paid $50

Now what is tricky is if you try to use coupons to not spend the full $50
    I have had in the past it works sometimes and othertimes not.
    I think it depends on the cash register.
    Though this may be fixed by now

Also free product coupons OR Manger coupons NEVER count, and you dont get poitns on these (you also wont get points if the cashier accidentally picks one of these options instead. of normal $ off coupons..)
    Neeenerz likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by bryceton View Post
    Been mentioned on here atleast 100 times haha..
    anyways I'll give you some examples so theres no misunderstanding (I believe this is all accurate, though there was changes this year, so if anything changed someone should say otherwise)

20 x point event for spending $50
    Total bill is $50 then redeem $10 = no bonus points
    Total Bill is $60 then redeem $10, as its atleast 50 you would quality for bonus points only on the amount you paid ($50)
    Total Bill is $65 then you redeemed $10 and used a $5 off coupon = Same as above but you should get points on $55 even though you only paid $50

Now what is tricky is if you try to use coupons to not spend the full $50
    I have had in the past it works sometimes and othertimes not.
    I think it depends on the cash register.
    Though this may be fixed by now

Also free product coupons OR Manger coupons NEVER count, and you dont get poitns on these (you also wont get points if the cashier accidentally picks one of these options instead. of normal $ off coupons..)
    Thanks! I guess I'll have to be careful and see how it goes.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    50 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bryceton View Post

FPC and manager sticker DO count towards to spending total in their system right now.

For example, get 8000 pts when you spend $30 (my favorite offer even though I don't use it every time)
    and I have $10 PFC & $10 red/manager sticker & $10 out of pocket - and you will still get 8000 pts ( equal $10 ) so in the end ... They are all FREE ^_^

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by paylessgetmore View Post
    FPC and manager sticker DO count towards to spending total in their system right now.

For example, get 8000 pts when you spend $30 (my favorite offer even though I don't use it every time)
    and I have $10 PFC & $10 red/manager sticker & $10 out of pocket - and you will still get 8000 pts ( equal $10 ) so in the end ... They are all FREE ^_^
    Awesome! Do regular coupons count? And when would you give the coupons to the cashier? At the end? For example... You buy $50 worth of stuff, but you have $20 worth of coupons-- would you still get your 20x points? 😊

Newfiescreech likes this.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Yes so the example $60 (before tax)tax incl -$10 redemption THEN give coupons reduce totals with ANY type of coupons (fpc, manager, manufacturer) coupons can be usd to rduce tax after redemption but it would affect your 20x so make sure $60 before tax or buy all tax free food

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk
    Newfiescreech and amira84 like this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks !!!
    Newfiescreech likes this.

Thread Information