User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Trading Score
    132 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sporatic View Post
    If a coupon has a bar code then cashiers do scan them most of the time but if it does not scan then they punch in the number under bar code. Some coupons don't have numbers under bar code and some don't have bar code and just numbers so the cashier don't have options there. But on this Dove coupon half of the coupon is in English and the half is in French and you can not separate them as French one does not have any coupon information. Pretty weird though, specially due the dash line it does look like as two different coupons but it is one as there is only one coupon code there. I have used them at pharmaplus and it worked.
    I never seen any bar codes work in store's register. I know that they do that in the US but I don't think any store's register here are set up to have coupon bar code information in them. As for the bar code, it is to verify the authenticity of the coupon.
    Trade & Wishlist: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/85672-i...e-lqqk-canada/
    but I'm open to anything!!

Trading Score
    59 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by leeleelala View Post
    I never seen any bar codes work in store's register. I know that they do that in the US but I don't think any store's register here are set up to have coupon bar code information in them. As for the bar code, it is to verify the authenticity of the coupon.
    Well, lots of coupons do have bar codes and numbers underneath and I never really pay attention how cashiers enter coupon. I know some times coupons bar code does not work but can not specifically give you example right now.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I had that problem at Maxi last year when they came out once before but I didn't know that they were actually only one coupon until she pointed that out to me. I though it was like save.ca and there was one for french and one for english. LOL

I have had cashiers try to scan coupons before but it never works and they just enter the amount.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

I don't think you're supposed to detach the english/french from this coupon. it's meant to be one coupon because there are cut lines on the top only and not down the side splitting the english/french. expiry & coupon code are on the english side only.

Obsessive Coupon Disorder
    Trading Score
    120 (100%)

Walmart makes me so mad!!! They don't do a very good job of educating their cashiers when it comes to coupons. As large as Walmart is, they should be consistent across the board. It's sad when they can't even take the time to understand promotions that they hand out in their own store. (Because those coupons were originally from Walmart)

Trading Score
    69 (100%)

I've used a few of these coupons in various stores and had absolutely no problem at all

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi14 View Post
    I don't think you're supposed to detach the english/french from this coupon. it's meant to be one coupon because there are cut lines on the top only and not down the side splitting the english/french. expiry & coupon code are on the english side only.
    Right, I mentioned this earlier in the thread too. No not disattach (if that is a word) the coupon.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sporatic View Post
    Well, lots of coupons do have bar codes and numbers underneath and I never really pay attention how cashiers enter coupon. I know some times coupons bar code does not work but can not specifically give you example right now.
    coupons are just punched in with a store code or specific button. The only ones that I've seen that are scanned are instore coupons, or coupons that are specifically put out for that store, like the Loblaws/RCSS ones...

Trading Score
    361 (100%)

I've only ever seen the UPCs work in the states. It is so much easier there, and the double coupons is wonderful. I was there last week and got 4 boxes of Lipton Tea(16 bags) for 9 cents each! They were $1.09, had $.50 cpns which doubled to $1, therefore, almost free tea. I can't understand why all Americans wouldn't use coupons! If I lived there, my grocery bill would be next to nothing!
    Join me on swagbucks, and get an envelope worth $50 when you earn your first 100 swagbucks.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/anner2050

Trading Score
    11 (100%)

These are definitely "do not detatch" coupons... they aren't designed very well, and could be totally confusing (obviously!). If you leave it whole, you shouldn't have a problem. (as per thecountess)

The larger stores often scan coupons, but it depends on the coupon, whether or not it works; some are registered, and scan through. Usually the ones that are registered are from the largest companies, as well, like Unilever, etc. Any high-value or FPC that has been mailed to me (due to a complaint, or whatever) has always scanned-through.

Any successful scanning I've seen has been at grocery stores, pretty much exclusively. Haven't seen it work at WM or SDM (other than their own printable ones). Perhaps this is because the grocery stores have had that 'universal scanning practice'-thing going on, so it's easier to have popular/recurring/etc. coupons on file.

I think the manufacturers & stores here are swinging to the US's way of doing things, when it comes to coupons.

Oh - and if the coupon is offered on the shelf of the store you're in, I would definintely take it up with them; it means they have valid redemption status with the manufacturer. (Blech! to WM... they really are sooo inconsistent!! )

(Sorry I turned my post into a pamphlet!!)
    The impossible often has a kind of integrity which the merely improbable lacks
    ~Douglas Adams

My Trades List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information