User Tag List

Page 234 of 450 FirstFirst ... 134 184 224 232 233 234 235 236 244 284 334 ... LastLast
Results 3,496 to 3,510 of 6738
Like Tree3358Likes

Thread: The Official and ONLY Place to Discuss Negative Trade Experiences + Trade Blacklist

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

I agree that the trade ratings can be misleading. Some folks are attending coupon swaps and then giving positive ratings to the participants when they get home. So it`s easy that way to get 12 ratings in one evening. IMO it is not a realistic rating....there have not been 12 trades that required organization, on-time mailing etc.

Cia
    Female
    Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    104 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DianneS View Post
    I agree that the trade ratings can be misleading. Some folks are attending coupon swaps and then giving positive ratings to the participants when they get home. So it`s easy that way to get 12 ratings in one evening. IMO it is not a realistic rating....there have not been 12 trades that required organization, on-time mailing etc.
    For people to put their input into what they would like to see on an improved rating system, please look at Boos post.

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/241045-...stem-canada-5/

DianneS, I hope you don't mind, I quoted you on Boos post. I too do not believe that a face to face trade/swap deserves a trade rating.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I actually do, they are still trading and people meeting face to face are far less likely to rip people off afterwards. I give ratings to people who bring me envies at a meetup, not everyone who attends who I may have got coupons from their free for all envie
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Loves codes of all kinds hogama's Avatar
    Trading Score
    196 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    I actually do, they are still trading and people meeting face to face are far less likely to rip people off afterwards. I give ratings to people who bring me envies at a meetup, not everyone who attends who I may have got coupons from their free for all envie
    \

I definitely agree on giving a Trade Rating after a face-to-face coupon trade! Why not?!? A trade is a trade! A friend of mine gave me some coupons I wanted, I gave her a Swiffer! We both got a trade rating!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    235 (100%)

I am always trading coupons with friends and family...never thought of giving them trade ratings...still won't...

By keeping the trade rating to "strangers", makes it more important and real. 10 friends could get together, pass some coupons around and rate each other..bam! 10 rating!

If this is what is happening, then the trade rating is really meaningless....

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

friends and family no

but if I go to an SC meetup I will
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I give trade ratings to people I meet with at swaps, because I know how tough it can be to make it to one.

For me, I have a baby that I need to make sure has someone to care for her, and I typically would have to drive 30 minutes if not more to attend a meet.

I think people taking time out of their busy lives to meet up and help others with couponing deserves a trade rating, but that's my opinion.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

I think coupon meets should get a TR too, I often get/receive lots of good coupons, but usually they're a few from each person so it isn't worth the postage to do a mailed trade. And alot of girls bring their families, children and take an hour out of their busy day to attend the meets and trade.

Coupon Crazy
    Trading Score
    181 (100%)

Yup, I leave ratings for F2F meetings too.

Trading Score
    123 (99%)

i also leave ratings for coupon meets ups (most of the time anyways) i get tons of good coupons from very generous traders, why would i not want to give a rating... plus its more like 2-3 hours for our local meetups

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Interesting discussion. My point was not that it is necessarily wrong just that it can be misleading. Someone who has gone to two swaps and has a rating of 25-30 is not necessarily a better or more reliable trader than someone who has done 8 trades thT happened through the mail. I agree that if I negotiate a trade and exchange envies at a swap it definitely qualifies as a trade however I am not comfortable with giving or getting 15-20 ratings that just reflect attendance at the trade. As I said though it us an interesting discussion

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I only give to those with envies for me, not everyone who attends (and not usually the regulars because it wont make a difference to our ratings since we rated each other before) - I also always specify in the public comments that it was a meetup so you would easily know

I always check the dates of ratings so 5+ ratings for a person on the same date would still qualify them as a newbie trader to me
    ~ ~ ~

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

really when you honestly think of it even if you have 10 close family/freinds on here it isn't going to change your trade rating very much. Once you trade once with the person your Feedbackscore(traderating)won't go up anymore. I enjoy usually trading with anyone the way CP has been has been the worse ever in two years of trading my envies to people have gotton lost and me receiving some have gotton lost. I think to me if your honest good person on here that is the main thing.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Who else has a missing trade from Candymom1?

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

she went mia on my first VWT after questioning her about expired coupons she sent

Thread Information