User Tag List

Page 244 of 450 FirstFirst ... 144 194 234 242 243 244 245 246 254 294 344 ... LastLast
Results 3,646 to 3,660 of 6738
Like Tree3358Likes

Thread: The Official and ONLY Place to Discuss Negative Trade Experiences + Trade Blacklist

Trading Score
    148 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by PinkLincoln View Post
    I'm still waiting on my trade from sheetsofemptycanvas, she now has 2 negative trader ratings from myself and someone else originally sent Aug 23, Sept 16, and again the first week of October, still nothing..
    I too have been waiting on a $5 GC from sheetsofemptycanvas since august, I pm'd her weeks ago to see if it had been sent or not, she said no as she had some personal stuff going on but would have it sent asap, still nothing.....

I'm A Couponista addict kellyschool1's Avatar
    Trading Score
    84 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by crispiecreme View Post
    No no, I wasn't talking about you at all!!! I wasn't talking about anyone in particular, I was just wondering if PMing on SC was like BBM on a blackberry where you can see if the recipient has read your the msg you sent them!

You can click on the bottom of the msg a read receipt button. And it will let you know when they read it.

i notice a lot of ppl dont read a lot. They dont read there trade ratings. oh well.

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by theweave View Post
    Just saw this thread for the first time!

I know that it is far too late because neither Chris nor I can even remember who the person was, but Chris did a trade last year where he sent a number of ccoupons (nothing HV or anything but over 10 coupons) to this person and they sent a couple of coupons and said they were sending 2 Pre Paid MasterCards that they no longer needed. They said they were worth over $5 between the two.

So Chris said okay and the exchange was made. When Chris got his envie, he opened it and found the 2 M/C in there, on the back were some dollar values written in sharpie pen. It added up to over $5.00 so Chris figured all was good.

Imagine his surpise the following week when he went to a store and handed over the two cards for payment. The cashier swiped the first one and it came back "balance zero", sure enough the second one was also empty.

Chris was a little peeved off but in the end, never replied to the person or anything.

Noting can be done about that now, but just wanted to share what I think, is the only trade that we have seriously been burned on!

Having said that, just got a trade request from a noobie tonight (0 posts and 0 trade rating) asking for a simple trade.. 5 coupons for 4 CP stamps. I am going to give the person the benefit of the doubt and do it. Chris was a noobie too once... you have to start somewhere. Hopefully I won't have to come back here and report the person!!!

Great thread though!
    Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    Those prepay cards expire, someone took them to court over it since they are not supposed to in most Cdn provinces but they claim they are a prizecard and not GC unless issued in a provinces that requires no charges etc by law
    Not to mention with those cards you CANNOT just swipe them. The cashier must enter the amount (ie if the charge is $5.88 and you want to use $1.67 left on the MC, the cashier must enter $1.67 not just swipe the card)

If it was one of those prepaid gas mastercards, then in all likelyhood they were valid and the cashier did it wrong.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Insane View Post
    Not to mention with those cards you CANNOT just swipe them. The cashier must enter the amount (ie if the charge is $5.88 and you want to use $1.67 left on the MC, the cashier must enter $1.67 not just swipe the card)

If it was one of those prepaid gas mastercards, then in all likelyhood they were valid and the cashier did it wrong.
    I had prepaid master cards and that's how I had to get rid of the last few dollars on the card. But I had to call the 1-800 number and check for the exact balance for the cashier to charge. Also, upon receiving a pre-paid master card, or any gift card, always call the 1-800 to check the balance. Because you could have money on the card, and go to swipe it and have it not go through for whatever reason.

Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kellyschool1 View Post
    You can click on the bottom of the msg a read receipt button. And it will let you know when they read it.

i notice a lot of ppl dont read a lot. They dont read there trade ratings. oh well.

it must look insane to people that I never read any of my pms on here.. that is because I read them all in my email on my phone and respond from my phone.

Ripple Effect of Kindness Blk_rose's Avatar
    Trading Score
    82 (100%)

Mods : I sent a request via a button in regards to a trade that I would really appreciate being removed as I was rated for a non couponing trade by someone who would never be where she was supposed to be. i am very upset by this "lady" and have asked her to stop messaging me nor will I waste any more gas dropping off the Raok of diapers she was expecting. Can I please get help removing this negative mark? Or is this something Im stuck with over someones "attempt to get me to deliver them" as she said is why she marked a negative trade.

~The Ripple Effect of Kindness Project~

Trading Score
    471 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Blk_rose View Post
    Mods : I sent a request via a button in regards to a trade that I would really appreciate being removed as I was rated for a non couponing trade by someone who would never be where she was supposed to be. i am very upset by this "lady" and have asked her to stop messaging me nor will I waste any more gas dropping off the Raok of diapers she was expecting. Can I please get help removing this negative mark? Or is this something Im stuck with over someones "attempt to get me to deliver them" as she said is why she marked a negative trade.
    You got a negative rating when you were trying to GIVE her something?

Nasty.

Trading Score
    208 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by macw1960 View Post
    I made a trade in June which involved FPC's on both ends. She received hers and I received a trade rating. Mine apparently got lost in the mail.

Certain facts regarding this trade are different than first implied and have noticed from visitor's messages on their page that there maybe a problem but their trade rating seems fine.

I finally settled for different coupons (not FPC's but happy with coupons) to clear up this trade.

My question is do I leave a positive trade rating because I am happy with my coupons or a neutral trade rating because it took over 4 months?
    I am not a mod- but here is my two cents... I would either leave no rating or a neutral rating. Neutral with a note saying first envie was lost and second took 4 months to arrive. or no rating- this method does not allow users to see that there have been issues...

Trading Score
    208 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by crispiecreme View Post
    Curious:

Is there a way to check to see if someone has read your PM?

Ie. If you PM someone, can you check to see if they have read it?
    the read receipt is not a guarantee... I read my pms on my phone in my email and respond from there usually. So sometimes I have read the pm but it wont show a read receipt because I never opened it in sc...

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

You can't respond by email, once you click the link to reply it takes you to the PM page so you are generating the message page (besides, if you respond they probably are not checking to see if you read it, its the ones you dont know if they read)
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Momto2Ks View Post
    I am not a mod- but here is my two cents... I would either leave no rating or a neutral rating. Neutral with a note saying first envie was lost and second took 4 months to arrive. or no rating- this method does not allow users to see that there have been issues...
    Thanks for your input but I am still not sure as I don't want to see other SC'ers go through what I did. Guess I will think about it for a few days.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    160 (100%)

After learning a little bit more in the past few weeks about canadian business stamp, I just want to share this with other SCer:

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/248027-...-stamp-canada/
    Last edited by 2010ontest; Wed, Nov 2nd, 2011 at 12:03 PM.
    Liberty of one finish where liberty of the other one start

Cia
    Female
    Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    104 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Blk_rose View Post
    Just amazing, first time I have ever heard of a negative for a RAOK. Have you pm'd Sally888 directly yet with all the details? She is the Mod to get in touch with this type of thing, and she is great to deal with.
    Last edited by Cia; Wed, Nov 2nd, 2011 at 12:30 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Momto2Ks View Post

If this type of situation does not generate a neutral trade rating then I would genuinely question the value of having a rating system. I believe a neutral rating is useful to other traders and reflects the challenges of that particular trade

Trading Score
    221 (100%)

. i agree!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by DianneS View Post
    If this type of situation does not generate a neutral trade rating then I would genuinely question the value of having a rating system. I believe a neutral rating is useful to other traders and reflects the challenges of that particular trade

Thread Information