User Tag List

Page 239 of 450 FirstFirst ... 139 189 229 237 238 239 240 241 249 289 339 ... LastLast
Results 3,571 to 3,585 of 6738
Like Tree3358Likes

Thread: The Official and ONLY Place to Discuss Negative Trade Experiences + Trade Blacklist

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Uneeded drama for a Monday. 24 ban, was initiated since the user has been already warned.

Thanks ladies and gents.
    Last edited by Sally888; Mon, Oct 24th, 2011 at 01:22 PM.

Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I know this may not be the correct thread, but a lot of issues/ideas are brought up here, and I wanted to see how others feel.

How long do you wait (generally) for a user to get back to you by pm before offering the said coupons to others who are inquiring?

I have quite a few trade requests backed up, because a user who pmed me a request of over $200 of coupons, and has not been online since Friday.

I'm willing to wait a bit longer, as I have traded with this user before, and it has only been 3 days.

However, it did make me wonder...Is there a usual waiting time before you, as a trader, moves on and offers the coupons to someone else?
    ......SEARCH USING SWAGBUCKS!.....
    ..................EARN $$$ FAST!..................
    .............Join using my referral..............
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/K8sFate

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    46 (85%)

Quote Originally Posted by K8's Fate View Post
    I know this may not be the correct thread, but a lot of issues/ideas are brought up here, and I wanted to see how others feel.

How long do you wait (generally) for a user to get back to you by pm before offering the said coupons to others who are inquiring?

I have quite a few trade requests backed up, because a user who pmed me a request of over $200 of coupons, and has not been online since Friday.

I'm willing to wait a bit longer, as I have traded with this user before, and it has only been 3 days.

However, it did make me wonder...Is there a usual waiting time before you, as a trader, moves on and offers the coupons to someone else?
    I'd say that 3 days is long enough - that's about the time I would give. If they didn't respond tonight then I'd go to the others. If they end up coming back and wanting to trade just let them know that you weren't sure if they were still interested but you still have xyz coupons left if they want them.
    I am looking for many fpc coupons and willing to trade gift cards - especially stouffers and fresh produce. The expiry dates must be at least 1 month away. I'm also looking for betty crocker, pillsbury, philadelphia, nexxus, $3 beef, icecream, beans. I prefer large trades but have few coupons to trade.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

I have had this happen once, so I put deadlines when necessary, such as "please let me know by (whatever date/time) or I will have to offer them to someone else who is also interested"

This way you are still being polite, but firm. I get that they are coupons that are being traded, but really this is no different than if you are selling something and a buyer contacts you but sits on it without further response - in the end, the seller is the one that loses out since you may have had other potential buyers in the wings.

Hope that makes sense lol

I'd sent 1 more PM with a cutoff time (limit it since it's been a few days already at this point), and set it for a receipt on it to see if it gets read & ignored - if you do not hear from them by your cutoff, then you can move on without guilt since you did try to confirm the trade and enough time has passed.

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

Oh lord i've had a few of these,drives me crazy
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

It should just be common courtisy that a potential trader get back to you within 24 hours, but unfortunately that doesn't happen a lot. I agree with KrazE, and it is probably best to specify please get back to me by ...., that way, the potential trader cannot be upset if you trade with another person due to not receiving a pm from them. It's called preventative maintenance
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    46 (85%)

Quote Originally Posted by hollyquaiscer View Post
    It should just be common courtisy that a potential trader get back to you within 24 hours, but unfortunately that doesn't happen a lot. I agree with KrazE, and it is probably best to specify please get back to me by ...., that way, the potential trader cannot be upset if you trade with another person due to not receiving a pm from them. It's called preventative maintenance
    Sometimes life happens.

Some people are less available on some days than others. Don't forget that some people on here still work & have activities in the night, so they're not available to be on the computer 7 days a week.

I'm guilty of not responding to everyone within 24 hours, especially if I don't have an answer for their question yet. If they trade the coupons we were talking about, no problem.

I never specify a certain date, because I don't want to appear pushy, but if they don't respond in 2-3 days then I'll just ask if they're still interested and move on from there.
    I am looking for many fpc coupons and willing to trade gift cards - especially stouffers and fresh produce. The expiry dates must be at least 1 month away. I'm also looking for betty crocker, pillsbury, philadelphia, nexxus, $3 beef, icecream, beans. I prefer large trades but have few coupons to trade.

Trading Score
    116 (100%)

anyone heard from cdylan? I haven't heard from her since Sept 26, and I see she hasn't logged on since Oct 2. She owes me some coke pins.

Click to sign up for Swagbucks http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/CrombieMom

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by monkey'smom View Post
    anyone heard from cdylan? I haven't heard from her since Sept 26, and I see she hasn't logged on since Oct 2. She owes me some coke pins.
    Hmmn, thats odd!

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

This hasn't happened to me, thankfully, but I browse New Posts all the time, and I am noticing a lot of people complaining about CP issues that have been on-going for awhile. This includes trades never showing up, or envies being sliced open & coupons completely MIA from the envie that arrived.

So, my question is, why are those people still doing trades when they know that they are having mail issues? They know that either their envie to the person they agreed to trade with has a high chance of never arriving, or the envie arriving empty, or a high chance of never getting the trade they are expecting, which forces the other person to replace coupons at their cost for something they were completely unaware of (that the other person has been having CP issues).

Just doesn't seem very polite to keep trading and/or making others lose out.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by KrazE View Post
    This hasn't happened to me, thankfully, but I browse New Posts all the time, and I am noticing a lot of people complaining about CP issues that have been on-going for awhile. This includes trades never showing up, or envies being sliced open & coupons completely MIA from the envie that arrived.

So, my question is, why are those people still doing trades when they know that they are having mail issues? They know that either their envie to the person they agreed to trade with has a high chance of never arriving, or the envie arriving empty, or a high chance of never getting the trade they are expecting, which forces the other person to replace coupons at their cost for something they were completely unaware of (that the other person has been having CP issues).

I agree. If I was putting an envie in the mail (typically we use the same mailbox or post office) and they were not ever arriving, I would firstly change the location of where I posted my envies. If that didn't work, then I would just stop trading till I got it figured out. I for one would not want to trade with someone that is always having issues with their mail. It isn't fair to traders.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

I just have to say with the response and this is ONLY my opinion I realize life happens and people are busy but I work, raise kids alone and have a very crazy life right now......I choose to trade because I enjoy it and saves me money I ALWAYS get back to the person usually within 24 hours even to say I am busy and will get back to you tomorrow.

Cia
    Female
    Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    104 (100%)

I agree that everyone is busy, with work, families, life in general. I have had many people contact me for a trade, then I do not hear anything back. I now wait 24 hours, and if I have not had a reply, I pm the person and tell them that since I have not heard back from them, that I consider the trade dead and to feel to move on to another trade as I have done. It's not worth getting my panties in a knot, but what I find funny is that is seems that the people that do not respond are the ones that say "lmk asap" "would like a fast response" etc.

Trading Score
    221 (100%)

I complelty agree!! I was having huge problems with Cp after the strike. I stopped trading and riding trains till it was fixed. Most of my mail way getting "lost". Once things I ordered from online started coming properly again, i did 1 trade, and so on and so on!! But while I was having issues i stopped. Not fair to other traders and riders on trains.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

So far. Ive only had 3 CP issues. 1) one of my train envies from someone who always takes 2 days to get to me, took 20 days. It was stamped at the Sault St. Marie Post office September 1, stamped in Hamilton September 19, I received it September 21. 2) received a trade in a lick seal envie, it had been completely opened, and nothing was missing!! 3) received a trade, and it was torn right in the middle about an inch. Again, nothing was missing.

Thread Information