User Tag List

Page 264 of 450 FirstFirst ... 164 214 254 262 263 264 265 266 274 314 364 ... LastLast
Results 3,946 to 3,960 of 6738
Like Tree3358Likes

Thread: The Official and ONLY Place to Discuss Negative Trade Experiences + Trade Blacklist

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    114 (100%)

If you scroll back a few postings and pages, you will see a list that I started about a trader Kyrikos that has gone MIA....... we are all hoping that she is ok, and is dealing with lifes issues instead of just disappearing on all of us.
    There is a list of us waiting for gift cards, myself for a $25.00 one..........ak!!

This a trader that has over 50 positive trades....... it seems even that is no certainty these days.
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/29636...6361680429066/
    Join Calgary Coupon Stacking Club Face Book page, for great info all about stacking your savings back into your pockets.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I received a request for a trade for my similac cheques. The person wanted to send me a $5 gift card for $50 in cheques. I replied saying that I will trade comparable values. They responded by saying that she found it crazy. I found the tone of request to be rude and not appropriate. I responded to her that there was no need to call names. It is fair to do a fair trade. I do not appreciate being called crazy.
    I have received a few trade requests that are simply bizarre. What should I do?

Trading Score
    569 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by juniperjune View Post
    I received a request for a trade for my similac cheques. The person wanted to send me a $5 gift card for $50 in cheques. I replied saying that I will trade comparable values. They responded by saying that she found it crazy. I found the tone of request to be rude and not appropriate. I responded to her that there was no need to call names. It is fair to do a fair trade. I do not appreciate being called crazy.
    No coupon(cheque) is worth the same value in GCs IMO.
    Want free Christmas shopping???
    get giftcards to Amazon!!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

ConcreteHole, if people don't bother to check the ratings, esp when its someone with under 20 total ratings, they themselves are not the best trader. Personally I am willing to give newbies a chance until there seems to be an issue with their trades - I know from personal experience, stuff happens and you cant be online and CP is awful - so I will forgive an occasional bad rating too. However, most newbies do not have a decent stash of coupons so I expect some of theirs to be codes/stamps/trains as that is how you build a stash
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Loves codes of all kinds hogama's Avatar
    Trading Score
    196 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by juniperjune View Post
    Whenever I get a formula coupon, I will ROAK it to someone who needs it... When I needed formula coupons, I was a newbie here, and everyone was very good to me then! Formula is so expensive, and any SC'er that is looking for a formula coupon needs that coupon. They aren't trading for them just for kicks! I'm not saying that you should simply give them away.... but don't expect a lot for them!

Trading Score
    445 (99%)

Quote Originally Posted by ccmp1974 View Post

AGREE
    SWAGBUCKS!!! Earn gift cards for searching & doing surveys!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/cmoody8107

Check out my Wishlist!
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/239234-cmoodys-wishlist-canada/

Trading Score
    139 (99%)

Quote Originally Posted by ccmp1974 View Post
    I also agree no cheque or coupon is worth the same in GC. I just completed a trade for $45 in Enfamil coupons for a $5.00 GC, I am not saying that $5 is all you should ask for, but similar value is properly not realistic either....I would probably only offer $20 at most and that would be high, $10 is probably more likely what I would offer. But this is exactly why I don't do many straight out trades. Needless to say though there was no reason to call names, etc.....so just walk away from the trade and don't bother with that person, you both have to be comfortable with the trade.

Now for another topic, I may be reading the previous posts wrong, so please clarify if I am. I am sort of reading that some people feel that a trade rating which was only obtained through doing trains, and pin swaps, etc is not as "worthy or a good indication" of a good trader.

If this is the case I have to say I don't agree. I have a fairly high trade rating, not as high as others, but it has been obtained through mostly trains, I maybe have done 5 straight up trades, and I think that might even be a high guess. I do NOT do regular trades normally because I find it hard to figure out what to trade for and to value the coupons, etc. I don't want to risk offering too little, and risk offending the person, but also don't want to offer the world. know what I mean. Therefore I don't do many straight up trades, but I don't think that my "only train rating" makes me any less of a good trader then others who mostly do trades. I was still required to mail out my envie, ensure it was done properly, leave feedback, communicate, etc.

Loves codes of all kinds hogama's Avatar
    Trading Score
    196 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by eislercoupons View Post
    Now for another topic, I may be reading the previous posts wrong, so please clarify if I am. I am sort of reading that some people feel that a trade rating which was only obtained through doing trains, and pin swaps, etc is not as "worthy or a good indication" of a good trader.

If this is the case I have to say I don't agree. I have a fairly high trade rating, not as high as others, but it has been obtained through mostly trains, I maybe have done 5 straight up trades, and I think that might even be a high guess. I do NOT do regular trades normally because I find it hard to figure out what to trade for and to value the coupons, etc. I don't want to risk offering too little, and risk offending the person, but also don't want to offer the world. know what I mean. Therefore I don't do many straight up trades, but I don't think that my "only train rating" makes me any less of a good trader then others who mostly do trades. I was still required to mail out my envie, ensure it was done properly, leave feedback, communicate, etc.
    I give out a Trade Rating if I have received a coupon/gift card/PIN/gift...anything from you! That's how I've always done it. I've even traded coupons with personal friends who happen to be on here and left them a Trade Rating! My best friend gave me a handful of coupons, I gave her a Swiffer broom... and a Trade Rating! I don't trade a lot on here, but I have a handful of SC'ers that I regularly send coupons to (RAOKs)... and they always leave me a feedback rating.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Anytime I deal with trains I leave feedback. I would want the conductors to know that the person sends out the envies right away and replaces the coupons with fair trades. I have been a part of many trains where they became derailed. It is frustrating to all on that train.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Honestly, I would like to know why we can't give a rider a neutral rating when we are able to ascertain that they did not follow the rules, they were slow in sending the envie, they added multiples of the same (useless) coupons that no-one wants etc - how does that deserve a positive rating?

The neutral is there for a reason; if someone doesn't want to get one, then they need to learn to follow the rules of the train, or don't bother riding at all.

All this handing out positives to avoid someone whining is a big crock of lizard excrement IMO - why are we walking on eggshells around here when it comes to trade ratings?

I'm not saying just handing out bad ratings left & right - but when a trade or train rules were specific yet not followed NOR did the person make any contact with the other trader/conductor then they certainly did not earn a positive rating.

Substituting coupons without making contact, delaying a train (or several), stuffing in multiples of useless coupons, adding in coupons that were not to be added into the train - just to name a few.

Yes, this tippy-toe mentality about ratings is pissing me off as I DESPISE the fact that we have to be all niceity-nice about ratings instead of giving ratings that are deserved/earned AND that helping to warn other traders about any problems.

We're really not helping each other as a community by not 'properly' rating all traders.

/soapbox off
    Last edited by KrazE; Mon, Nov 28th, 2011 at 10:53 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    235 (100%)

I agree!

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Just to clarify about my comment regarding pin trades/train ratings, I don't mean to say that those trade ratings aren't worth while, just that it's not fair to be giving that advise to newbies, saying 'if you do this, you'll instantly be up to a decent rating'.

I think you have to earn your way out of the newbie classification (15 and under I believe is the standard for the trader tracking list), and by getting all your ratings by participating in one train, and passing off a couple codes with traders, you're not only taking the easy way out to get off the newbie list, but once you hit 15 trades you're no longer on the newbie trader tracking list, and that makes it so easy to scam a lot of people out of their coupons. To trade pins you just need to buy a couple bottles of coke, or a few packs of stouffers, and suddenly you have a bunch to trade. Even joining a train is just spotting a couple piles of coupons at walmart, and suddenly you have enough to join and get peoples trust, and then you get another Sully1234. But to complete 15 mail out trades successfully, it shows that you're taking couponing and trading seriously, and severly cuts down the chances that you're a scam artist.

I just think you should be earning your way off the newbie list with legitimate mail out trades. And I know it would take a while to get off the newbie list because newbies don't have a lot of coupons, but that's the point! To EARN your way off the newbie list.
    Last edited by ConcreteHole; Mon, Nov 28th, 2011 at 12:21 PM. Reason: spelling

Trading Score
    341 (100%)

Has anyone had any problems with Halifaxgirl?

She is on my $10 coupon exchange and both of her envelopes have not arrived yet (Send day was Nov 6). She pm'd me a week later saying she just rec'd my messages because there was something wrong with her in box and would send the coupons right away. A few days later I asked if she sent them and she gave a few more excuses (that a worker at her local mail outlet was stealing mail) and now she won't respond to my pm's or comment left on her page even though she is logging in almost everyday.

Join Swagbucks!! Get FREE Amazon codes and much more! Just click here http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Habs13

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa13 View Post
    Has anyone had any problems with Halifaxgirl?

She is on my $10 coupon exchange and both of her envelopes have not arrived yet (Send day was Nov 6). She pm'd me a week later saying she just rec'd my messages because there was something wrong with her in box and would send the coupons right away. A few days later I asked if she sent them and she gave a few more excuses (that a worker at her local mail outlet was stealing mail) and now she won't respond to my pm's or comment left on her page even though she is logging in almost everyday.
    Looks like there is at least one other issue with her on a train as well

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/246053-...-envie-canada/

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

I traded with momof4boys back on Sept 21st....at what point does one give a negative ratiing when there has been sporadic contact, the last being November 10th with another promise to send....and still nothing.

Thread Information