User Tag List

Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree305Likes

Thread: No more "My Coupons Got Lost/Stolen/Thrown Away" Threads Please

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

........Lotus, i love what you wrote ....lol....."spontaneously combust"....lol....
    .....definitively one to remember.....
    Last edited by Mia001; Fri, Oct 29th, 2010 at 07:01 AM.

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by freebiehunter View Post
    As for collecting for shelters, etc...well, maybe there could be a section for people looking for donations and the trading section could be only about trading.

Good call on the no more sad stories decision. The way things have been going lately I agree with tightening things up a bit.

I agree a thread like that would be helpful. I guess we will have to rely on honesty.

Skankarina on the prowl MercyEhm's Avatar
    Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MelSprag View Post
    I agree a thread like that would be helpful. I guess we will have to rely on honesty.
    Quote Originally Posted by freebiehunter View Post
    As for collecting for shelters, etc...well, maybe there could be a section for people looking for donations and the trading section could be only about trading.

Good call on the no more sad stories decision. The way things have been going lately I agree with tightening things up a bit.

there is already...

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/154810-...elters-canada/
    Instant Human Just Add COFFEE!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MercyEhm View Post
    I'm the same way Kayley and unfortunately I've been taken advantage of because of the fact. Sometimes it's just coupons, sometimes it's been a lot more. Don't change though, it's a valiant quality to have and don't ever let someone like that jade you. There are a lot more people like you and me than there are rotten apples out there so it's all worth it (even if it doesn't feel like it sometimes)
    Thanks! Made me feel a lot less....stupidly gullible!
    I definitely have been taking advantage of in "real" life because I love helping people, so I've had to limit the time and effort I can spend doing things for others. But, I still think it's important to help...just maybe not as much as I initially want to!

Skankarina on the prowl MercyEhm's Avatar
    Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Oh I completely understand. I'm still working on learning how to say NO
    Instant Human Just Add COFFEE!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

Hmm! I must have missed these threads..

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lotus View Post
    though I completely respect the purpose of this rule, I personally have no problem with those posts because I feel I can use my best judgement to determine whether or not to RAOK. if I sympathize but am unfamiliar with the SC'er, checking their trade rating and history quickly gives me a feeling of their motive, honesty and presence here.

I love the generous community response that comes together in light of a post like that. of course if someone had their coupons lost/eaten/spontaneously combust repeatedly, I'd feel differently and wouldn't respond. even if I realized I had been scammed out of a couple of coupons that were in my trade binder and that I wouldn't have personally used anyway, oh well, no personal loss & lesson learned regarding that person. everyone accepts that risk when trading and that risk doesn't exist when RAOK'ing because you don't expect anything in return.

I feel they're harmless posts at best just expressing themselves and at worst asking for some coupons to be sent their way, though I haven't seen many posts come out and ask that. mostly just expressing their mishap with those who can relate.
    I agree with everything lotus wrote. I can choose whether or not to read the thread, and whether or not to offer to send coupons. I have been scammed and hurt by people I've trusted and hopefully it has made me wiser and more cautious. But I refuse to become cynical -- not everyone deserves to be painted with the same brush.

By not allowing people to post their 'sob' stories -- some of which may be legitimate, IMO it sends the message that we SCers are not capable of exercising good judgment on our own and so SC has to police the matter. I would rather see a sticky reminding people to please exercise judgment when responding to people's sob stories of lost coupons, etc. - or something along those lines.

If my coupon book was lost or stolen, where else could I turn to find people who could empathize and validate my feelings? I think in a situation like that most of us just want a little understanding and sympathy.

Just my three cents (inflation )

Silk

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Kayley View Post
    Good post. I'm way too eager beaver over here to help! Lol. Haven't had anyone take me up on it but I'm little miss gullible too. I always think... I don't lie, so why would someone lie to me? Will likely get me in trouble someday!

My attitude towards life is that 9 out of 10 people you are going to meet are going to be nice & honest ...but that 1 person is going to screw you no matter what ... you can take all the precautions you want but you will still get screwed by that one person , irrespective of what you do .

So by being cynical & skeptical .. not only you will still get screwed by that 1 bad person , but you will also miss out on the 9 good ones .

So you might as well be an eager beaver & get screwed by that 1 bad person , but at least you will meet the other 9 good ones

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Perhaps this needs a bump!

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Drats! And I was just going to post how my entire stash of coupons was stolen, then found by hubby, who then accidentally threw it in the trash, which was fished out by my kids who spilled chocolate milk on it then decided to use the mess to make a paper mache donkey.

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

BAHAHA!!! Donkey! BAHAHAHA!

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    152 (100%)

It's just that we can't "check" to see if each post is legitimate or not, thats all...just excercise good judgement and if you want to raok, go ahead, but f we allow one person to ask, then this whole forum would be inundated with sob stories, wether real or not...we just can't allow it.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

Why would anyone even post on here that they lost all their coupons? You wouldn't go to the bank and say "I lost my wallet, can I have some $$"

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I lost all my coupons. I must've left them at the foodbank, while trying to care for my many children. My car broke down on the way home and said many children needed to push it, now they all need more milk to build their muscles because I noticed they frankly do not have much as it took over an hour and wore down all their only shoes. Please send coupons to 666 Liars Lane, BooHoo Ontario. Tootdles, off to dinn- hospital !
    Previously CanadianBella... I'm baaack!
    Check out my Trade & Wishlist

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by polish.princess View Post
    Why would anyone even post on here that they lost all their coupons? You wouldn't go to the bank and say "I lost my wallet, can I have some $$"
    So true, but some companies will actually reimburse you what was spent after you called it in as stolen. Stupid, but it's true.
    Previously CanadianBella... I'm baaack!
    Check out my Trade & Wishlist

Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information