User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: What is The Best Place To Buy Kitchen Cabinetry by Price??

Trading Score
    54 (100%)

We want to reovate our kitchen. I would like to know what store gives the best prices on kitchen cabinets? I know there's Home Depot and Ikea, what other stores are there and which one would you recomend??
    This thread is currently associated with: Home Depot, IKEA, Indigo Chapters Coles Bookstore
    Artificial Colors & Flavours in almost all our food... You should be concerned.Everyone should watch this...
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/345273-...health-canada/

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

We have an Ikea kitchen and we love it. So do 2 of our friends. They are the best priced overall, and right now you get 10% back in gift cards if you spend $1000 so that helps too!

Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Yeh, we heard about that 10% gift card offer too. How much did your kitchen cost? We really want to stay around $2000.00 For the cabinets. The countertop is extra, we're thinking granite, but that's very expensive.
    Artificial Colors & Flavours in almost all our food... You should be concerned.Everyone should watch this...

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Well, ours was re-done on HGTV for free lol ... so I don't know how much it really cost
    but I've heard from both my friends that it was MUCHHH less than Home Depot or Rona, especially if you need any special sizes.
    Last edited by itsjustmebub; Thu, Oct 8th, 2009 at 11:36 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

+1 for ikea cabinets. It cost me about $2500.... the next step up was $5500. The ikea cabinets require assembly though.

My kitchen reno cost:
    $2500 for cabinets
    $3000 for new stainless steel appliances
    $750 for the glass tile backsplash
    $2200 for granite countertop and undermount sink
    approx $50 for misc hardware

Total: $8500

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Ikea has come a LOOOONG way ... the kitchens are not cheaply made, they are the same quality as anywhere else, only much less expensive.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

my friends keep mentioning how my ikea kitchen has soft close drawers and doors and their kitchen (which they paid significantly more) didn't . (soft close means that no matter how hard you close the drawer or door, it won't slam against the cabinet)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by itsjustmebub View Post
    Well, ours was re-done on HGTV for free lol ... so I don't know how much it really cost
    but I've heard from both my friends that it was MUCHHH less than Home Depot or Rona, especially if you need any special sizes.
    Wow, what a cool win! I had to giggle a bit when I read 'both my friends.' I was thinking, aww, she only has two...

For the rest of you, don't forget to save your receipts for the home renovation tax credit!

Z

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

LMAO
    I do have more than 2 friends I assure you ... hahaha
    I just meant my 2 friends WITH Ikea kitchens

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by itsjustmebub View Post
    LMAO
    I do have more than 2 friends I assure you ... hahaha
    I just meant my 2 friends WITH Ikea kitchens
    *snicker* I figured as much. I wouldn't have laughed at you otherwise! Heehee.

Z

Trading Score
    54 (100%)

How long is IKEA having this 10% back in gift cards offer?

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Until November 1
    here is the blog about it:
    http://smartcanucks.ca/ikea-canada-k...in-gift-cards/

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

ikea will have a contractor install for you if you need.
    i don't know what they cost, but if you have little kids and not much help or experience, hiring somone to do it may be a good thing to do.
    good luck,
    share some pics when you finish your reno
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

I have Ikea cabinets in my bathroom have had them for two years>>>THEY are AWFUL!!!! DO not do it!!! You will need to replace it in two years! Mine are peeling and it is so bad! i am mad. ikea said that is normal wear and tear and not part or the workmenship! So for all of you that bought an Ikea kitchen good luck! I just have a few cabinets ..i could not imgaine having to replace a whole kitchen. 12 years ago I put in a Home depot kitchen. It was alright you get what you pay for. It was Mills Pride-they call it a different name now-not solid wood-when steam got on it it would peel the corners and when I put the self clean on the stove it ruined the drawers! We are going through a massive reno right now and i searched and searched-I thought i wanted custom-but i really liked the ones at Rona-Orchard Park-solid wood-maple-they come on thursday and get delivered to your door all made! sorry to burst any bubbles! Just my opinion and what has happened to me Good luck with your search!

Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Wow! Has anyone else had that problem with IKEA cabinets??

The ones from Rona, I bet they're more expensive, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Abby5 View Post
    I have Ikea cabinets in my bathroom have had them for two years>>>THEY are AWFUL!!!! DO not do it!!! You will need to replace it in two years! Mine are peeling and it is so bad! i am mad. ikea said that is normal wear and tear and not part or the workmenship! So for all of you that bought an Ikea kitchen good luck! I just have a few cabinets ..i could not imgaine having to replace a whole kitchen. 12 years ago I put in a Home depot kitchen. It was alright you get what you pay for. It was Mills Pride-they call it a different name now-not solid wood-when steam got on it it would peel the corners and when I put the self clean on the stove it ruined the drawers! We are going through a massive reno right now and i searched and searched-I thought i wanted custom-but i really liked the ones at Rona-Orchard Park-solid wood-maple-they come on thursday and get delivered to your door all made! sorry to burst any bubbles! Just my opinion and what has happened to me Good luck with your search!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information