User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by deebusch View Post
    I believe the nasal vaccine (available in the states) is a live WEAKENED virus... thats what I was told anywho..

Yes, I believe that is true. The flu mist isn't approved for use in Canada though.
    Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    I've never had a flu shot in my life. I don't work at the moment so I am not around a lot of people, so for me, it's not a concern really.
    I've never had a flu shot either, and I won't be getting this one. And while I think this one has really been overblown by the media, after much consideration, we're going to do what we feel is the safest thing and get our three year old the H1N1 shot. It's in two doses 21 days apart for someone his age, which is kind of a PITA, and immunizations in the past have often made him a bit feverish and crabby. But nothing that a bit of Tylenol and some extra attention can't make better.

I have decided that the risks associated with this strain of flu are higher than the risks associated with the vaccine itself. If my child ended up horribly sick or worse because I didn't immunize him, I would never forgive myself.

Z

Banned
    Trading Score
    16 (75%)

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    It's all over the news today, lots of absenteeism in schools and 7 hour wait to talk to a nurse on tele-health.

There were lineups at a mall somewhere in Ontario, not sure of the details sorry, and this one guy lined for 3 days in a row and got turned away it was that busy. The nurses were doing 18 shots an hour.

I've never had a flu shot in my life. I don't work at the moment so I am not around a lot of people, so for me, it's not a concern really.
    holy smokes.... 7 hrs to talk to telehealth?! really? Wow...
    People are seriously panicing overthis... its unreal... i feel bad for the nurses, and doctors... the media has everyone in such a panic people are going to the doctor more than ever... its crazy... I personally have cancelled out my kids "well baby checks" until this craze is over... why would i bring 3 children under three to a doctors office full of sick people!?

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Although we must take this seriously I am getting increasingly angry with the media and I think some of their reporting is fueling the fire.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

I agree that this is being overblown by media and fear monglers. I have already received several emails that are pro and con the vaccine. People really have to think about this and do what they feel is best for their own family.

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    Although we must take this seriously I am getting increasingly angry with the media and I think some of their reporting is fueling the fire.
    I could not agree more Patty!

Banned
    Trading Score
    16 (75%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    definately... the media is responsable for alot of the mahaym out here.. its covering our news, its the first thing alot of us see, and the last thing we think about beforebed... they should start reporting on things like hunger in the world.. maybe people would start worrying a bout feedin the thousands of starving kids out there? just a thought. USE YOUR POWER FOR GOOD!!!! grrr

its pretty bad when im scared to watch the news now a days out of fear that all im going to hear about is h1n1 stuff... especially around halloween (we throw a haunted house every year and despite putting in thousands of dollars for hundreds of kids... were afraid our kid count this year is going to be down due to this fear of h1n1 lately )

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information