User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Trading Score
    39 (100%)

I finally e-mailed Zellers. I'm so tired of things scanning wrong there. It seems to happen on every second trip for me, and I'm never buying more than five or six items. It happened again today.

They really can't be trying hard to fix this problem, since the errors are so widespread. How hard can it be to ensure that the items that are on SALE in the flyer are priced properly in the system? I've had things scan wrong 5-6 days into a sale, and I don't think there's any protocol in place at the store level for getting the price changed in the system when it is brought to the attention of a cashier, or even of a CS rep. (There is at WM!) Maybe they find it's a way to increase their profits?

I've asked them to forward my e-mail to someone who can do something about the problem. If they don't solve the problem, I'm no longer going to be shopping there unless it's for something I absolutely cannot get someplace else. With stores that do pricematching, why put up with this?

Maybe I should cash in my HBC Rewards points and cancel my HBC credit card as well...

Can you tell I'm furious?
    This thread is currently associated with: The Bay, Zellers

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

added frustration that they don't ahere to SCOP!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I've stopped shopping at zellers a long time ago. Along with the scanning errors, zellers resorts to deceptive advertising by using the Trade and Save scam to intentionally mislead customers with false low prices in its flyers.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

i tend to stay away from zellers. i might pop in to check kids clothes once in a while but that's about it.

it also seems that their stock doesn't turn over as much as the busier stores.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Dealigator
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by travelgeek View Post
    I've stopped shopping at zellers a long time ago. Along with the scanning errors, zellers resorts to deceptive advertising by using the Trade and Save scam to intentionally mislead customers with false low prices in its flyers.
    I shop at Zellers a lot, and I've got in the habit of pre-scanning things at the price-checkers, so I can tell the cashier if something might come up at the wrong price. (Also a good way to find unmarked deals.) Still, sometimes (rarely), the price-checker and the cash register come up with different prices. And I have made more than a few trips to CS, receipt in hand. But the combination of price-matching and SPC is enough for me to overlook Zellers' flaws.

Those Trade and Save ads are misleading on first glance ... until you notice the "Trade and Save" logo and read the details. The whole thing is bogus, of course, since if you have the points, you can "trade and save" on any d@mn thing.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

it's ridiculous that they don't SCOP
    oh wait ... they'd be out of business if they did

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by itsjustmebub View Post
    i'm not a big fan of zellers either never have been i love ittt when they have a sale on an item and they only have 2 instock if your lucky

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by itsjustmebub View Post

They do have to ahere to SCOP here. I've gotten them on quite a few things but I really only go there for specials and they usually scan right.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    They do have to ahere to SCOP here. I've gotten them on quite a few things but I really only go there for specials and they usually scan right.
    was just going to say this, lol isn't it great that its law here and not "voluntary" lol should be law and mandatory everywhere. gotta love "La politique d'exactitude des prix" one of the few things quebec has got right lol
    Putting the fun back in dysfunctional

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sometimes they scan lower than the shelf price.Just recently at Zellers in my city Palmolive Oxy dishwashing liquid was $2.49 on shelf scanned at $1.49 and Palmolive with bleach alternative dishwashing liquid was $2.49 on shelf scanned at $1.77.They sure don't do themselves any favours either way when items don't match their shelf prices.

Trading Score
    153 (100%)

I have also noticed that many of their sale items do not scan correctly. Today, while I was getting a raincheck for another out of stock item, 2 customers were at cs for scanning issues. Since it has happened to me too, I now scan all of my items before I go to the cash, I know what items will be disputed. Its unfortunate to have to take the time to verify the correct price. Oddly enough sometimes they are aware of the *glitch* and don't argue, but you still have to bring it up...I also wondered how much they are taking away from unsuspecting customers by charging incorrect prices. Sneeky Zellers Finding a working scanner is another con

On the flip side, I get a little kick out of scanning a lower price I also kinda like the fact that they never have stock. I always ask for a raincheck, its like prolonging a sale. I pm elsewhere and later on use the raincheck.

I only started collecting hbc points last year, when they had the amazing bonus points coupons. Z's point system does in no way compare to sdm's. But they are still points that wm does not offer. Their trade & save gimmick is heinous. I really hope they come back with last year's offer of trade pts for dble gc's.

I have also negociated prices on some purchases in the past. Something I would never dare to try at wm or ct. Now that I will be getting my spc card its only going to be sweeter But, I will never ever go to the cash without scanning first. I'm on to them
    My Queen passed out from pure bliss thanks to her secret Santa. Bless you kind angel

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Not fun when you walk 3-4 aisles and find the scanner broken (one time it looked like it was ripped off the wall!), then have to go walkabout throughout the store looking for another one.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Dee09 View Post
    Not fun when you walk 3-4 aisles and find the scanner broken (one time it looked like it was ripped off the wall!), then have to go walkabout throughout the store looking for another one.

I know! I hate that! They are supposed to be there so customers can self-serve and half the time you have to go track down a clerk anyway because none of them work

Quote Originally Posted by Poirot View Post
    Sometimes they scan lower than the shelf price.Just recently at Zellers in my city Palmolive Oxy dishwashing liquid was $2.49 on shelf scanned at $1.49 and Palmolive with bleach alternative dishwashing liquid was $2.49 on shelf scanned at $1.77.They sure don't do themselves any favours either way when items don't match their shelf prices.
    Agreed

Trading Score
    202 (100%)

I thought it was just bad management at the one i shop at. I quit going to Zellers about 5 years ago because of this, having to watch like a hawk, but started going back and still keeping my eyes wide open at the cash. And I feel bad for the ladies working, I know it's not there fault, but you get the odd one who rolls there eyes when you ask them to check the price again.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

"Not fun when you walk 3-4 aisles and find the scanner broken (one time it looked like it was ripped off the wall!), then have to go walkabout throughout the store looking for another one."

That made me laugh. Zellers reminds me of a down-and-out 1980s department store that is only holding on with misleading flyers and tricking seniors into the store with cheap meals. I wouldn't miss Zellers if they folded and went under. I gave up shopping there over a decade ago.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information