User Tag List

Trading Score
    58 (98%)

Anybody know of any coupons that you can use for gift sets?? i was thinking of getting an olay one for sure but i'm real hesitant to use coupons on them cuz i don't know if they'd work.
    This thread is currently associated with: Olay

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    83 (100%)

i got a venus razor gift set yesterday(2 shaving cream and a razor)and used my 4$ off coupon on venus razors..they had no problem with it!!!it was on sale at sdm for 4.99-4$ coupon

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

We've run into this debate before. The use of coupons on gift sets is up to the store.

Gift sets are specially priced for promotions, so the manufacturer is actually give us a reduced rate on the items.

The gift set has a specific bar code for the gift set. So several stores have in the past said no coupons because you are not purchasing an individual product.

I wouldn't try using a coupon for the "bonus" item in the set because you aren't paying for it, you are paying for the other items.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by pippinelkhound View Post
    We've run into this debate before. The use of coupons on gift sets is up to the store.

Gift sets are specially priced for promotions, so the manufacturer is actually give us a reduced rate on the items.

The gift set has a specific bar code for the gift set. So several stores have in the past said no coupons because you are not purchasing an individual product.

I wouldn't try using a coupon for the "bonus" item in the set because you aren't paying for it, you are paying for the other items.
    !!! So true.

anyways, try to determine if it would be cheaper to buy the products individually with coupons and make your own gift set.

Trading Score
    14 (100%)

I bought 2 venus embrace bonus packs and one gilette fusion bonus pack today, all were 4.99 at SDM. I used 2 x $4 coupons and one $2 coupon. The cashier didn't give it a second thought. Score!!!!

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

I've always wondered about the use of a coupon such as the Gillette razor on a gift pack. As Pippinelkhound said it's up to the store, but I'd take it one step further and say it's up to the individual cashier as they tend to determine what coupons they will accept and when LOL

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by TaraF View Post
    I've always wondered about the use of a coupon such as the Gillette razor on a gift pack. As Pippinelkhound said it's up to the store, but I'd take it one step further and say it's up to the individual cashier as they tend to determine what coupons they will accept and when LOL
    very true...

Trading Score
    58 (98%)

i should try,that sounds like a good deal.

Thread Information