User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: I HATE Bell

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I too don't like the bell.Directly it is effecting the mind and irritate lot.
    Translation company directory, Translation directories, Translation interpreter, Translation agency

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My question is: who doesn't HATE Bell? It seems everyone does.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My brother works for Bell and my sister works for Rogers, both companies unfortunately have issues. Depending on your service area one may be better or worse. (There is no Rogers signal in all of Newfoundland so if you plan on traveling to the east coast be sure to get a Bell.) If you are speaking to a service rep and getting nowhere the best thing to do is take down their name and employee code, (which they have to give you) and ask for a manager (which they also have to give you). Do not take no for an answer and believe if or not if you say you are going to another company they will do whatever they can to keep you, as the company retention is tracked.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by mulock View Post
    My question is: who doesn't HATE Bell? It seems everyone does.
    I don't hate them, have used them for internet and telephone for many years and have never had a major problem... maybe I'm just lucky?

Trading Score
    44 (100%)

I had a frustrating experience with Bell and can't stand to deal with them. I get worked up just thinking about it. Arggh!
    You know you want free stuff too! Join Swagbucks with me http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/cdiddy1

Skankarina on the prowl MercyEhm's Avatar
    Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shazzam View Post
    My brother works for Bell and my sister works for Rogers, both companies unfortunately have issues. Depending on your service area one may be better or worse. (There is no Rogers signal in all of Newfoundland so if you plan on traveling to the east coast be sure to get a Bell.) If you are speaking to a service rep and getting nowhere the best thing to do is take down their name and employee code, (which they have to give you) and ask for a manager (which they also have to give you). Do not take no for an answer and believe if or not if you say you are going to another company they will do whatever they can to keep you, as the company retention is tracked.
    They have to provide their first name and agent code only. They are not required to provide and employee number. They do not have to transfer you to a manager. If you're a customer they have to transfer you to a supervisor. The difference between a manager and a supervisor is simple... the manager manages staff whereas a supervisor manages client issues. I worked at Bell's call center and I still work in the call center environment, just not at Bell anymore.

Another thing that may be important to know is the moment there is ANY form of hostility (language, threats etc...) you lose your "right" to speak to anyone higher up. You'll get transferred yes, just not to the people who can help you. Agents have the right to disconnect a call if you swear, even if it's not at the agent.

Threatening to cancel your accounts, they don't really care to be honest. They'll give you free voicemail or internet access for a month or 3 to keep you happy but once you've been granted something, it stays in your file and you don't get 2nd freebies. Should you come across a REAL problem where they could give you a lot more, you're kinda screwed.

I don't have Bell products anymore (that speaks louder than anything) and am quite happy with my current providers. I'm not hacking on Bell nor am I hacking on 'you guys'. Just letting you know how you can get more honey for your money.
    Instant Human Just Add COFFEE!

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Im tired of bell phoning me everyday.

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sally888 View Post
    Im tired of bell phoning me everyday.
    same here. they call 4-8 times every day. i have asked repeatedly to be put on their no call list. after repeatedly being refused a manager/hung up on/ been told by a manager they would stop calling... i called bell myself and was guaranteed that I was on their no call list. we are still getting calls daily. at one point i asked for an employee number and name and called bell again (they confirmed that i was on their no call list) they told me there was no such employee and that its a scam. that number shows up private number. they called again today and i got a manager who yelled at me told me to watch my language and hung up on me. all i said was "i'm pissed off and i'm tired of you idiots calling me" they have been calling everyday after being repeatedly told to stop calling. before i talked to the manager the "agent" told me he was authorized to call me and that it is not a scam. we did get a call yesterday around 10 or 11 pm by an authorized bell 3rd party. At this point we are considering getting a new number and having it unlisted. After all the hassles we had with bell/aliant we wouldnt switch back. Do they really think this is ok and will get them new customers. I dont believe anything any of them say even when i call the actual company myself.
    Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids!

plc
    Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

We've gotten calls from someone claiming to be from Bell and indicating that they want to give us a free cell phone. They ask for your birthday and SIN number. It is definately a scam. The number shows as private caller. I just hang up.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MercyEhm View Post
    They have to provide their first name and agent code only. They are not required to provide and employee number. They do not have to transfer you to a manager. If you're a customer they have to transfer you to a supervisor. The difference between a manager and a supervisor is simple... the manager manages staff whereas a supervisor manages client issues. I worked at Bell's call center and I still work in the call center environment, just not at Bell anymore.

Another thing that may be important to know is the moment there is ANY form of hostility (language, threats etc...) you lose your "right" to speak to anyone higher up. You'll get transferred yes, just not to the people who can help you. Agents have the right to disconnect a call if you swear, even if it's not at the agent.

Threatening to cancel your accounts, they don't really care to be honest. They'll give you free voicemail or internet access for a month or 3 to keep you happy but once you've been granted something, it stays in your file and you don't get 2nd freebies. Should you come across a REAL problem where they could give you a lot more, you're kinda screwed.

I don't have Bell products anymore (that speaks louder than anything) and am quite happy with my current providers. I'm not hacking on Bell nor am I hacking on 'you guys'. Just letting you know how you can get more honey for your money.

I worked for Bell Canada when I lived in Ottawa. I had Bell as my service provider and to the day I still do. So, say 10 years now. All my family does too. Not one issue with them. Few things to know since I did use to talk to people about billing issues every day... was the best job ever actually and Bell is quite great company to work for:

When I used to be front agent:
    - People to whom I cant solve their problem I was able to send to my supervisor. My supervisor was sitting right in front of me. Our office was designed so that group of front desk agents were kinda seated around their supervisor and if your supervisor wasnt available and you see that another one was, you most def. could ask them for help. And everyone was more than happy to take a call and help.
    - Front desk agent has only so much that they can offer. If you take it great, if not it has to be escalated to the supervisor.
    - If billing was wrong, we are all trained to fix it. However, there is so many people out there that do not understand what word PRORATE means.
    - As soon as you start your services, you are given billing date and there are only 4 to choose from. So whichever you do end up choosing you will most def. see proration from that date plus next month, which like I said, most people didnt understand and were yelling even thought they were completely wrong.
    - We WERE NOT allowed to hang up on customers yelling. We had our supervisors unknowingly and randomly listen to our conversations. We would never be able to guess at which point this was. So, therefore we are not able to do that. And yes, I know someone from my group that did it and got fired on spot. Also, had a person get fired in my group for loudly swearing as a joke while talking to someone on the floor, while another person was on the phone with the customer and customer overheard swearing which was not towards the customer at all. He got fired on spot because customer complained.
    - To say that no one at Bell Canada care is the dumbest thing ever. Unless you have worked there in the environment that I have, not a BS place where they let you hang up on customer, than please dont say that people do not care about customers. That is the first thing that they teach us at Bell.

We had a wall of fame in our office and it was always full of compliments we get from customers.

Once I moved to work for a different dep. within Bell I witnessed old grandmother that got a bill for over $500 from Bell that got wiped out because she never used the services and the account was made by mistake. I have witnessed so many accounts being cleared of the balance owing on them for different reasons even used ones.

I have also had to deal with difficult customers. Like the one I had as soon as I answered and said my greeting she went into RAGE that she HAD TO wait on hold (in Q) for over 45 minutes. She kept yelling at me and than she hung up after she was done. No, I did not hang up on her, I had 2 supervisors standing right next to me, because I thought she would ask to speak with someone and they were listening to her screaming. Absolutely uncalled for what she did. I could write a book about what customers did and how they treated agents at Bell Canada.

Ottawa office where I worked had nothing but amazing people that worked there, we had a team of over 500 people working. It was the greatest experience of my life. Team work that went into this to make sure everyone was doing what they are supposed to, was just incredible. All the training provided on customer service was beyond anything anyone ever offered to their staff. And believe me, best agents had incentives. Bad agents if there were any got either fired on spot or they quit because they couldnt take a pressure and stress dealing with irate customers.

It is very hard dealing with people that are mad, they are not willing to listen to the explanation or rational behind why something happened the way it did. Lot of customers who were open to listening to the explanations were satisfied customers because they did realize they were mistaken when reading their bill.

When I became senior agent, I was placed (new thing at the time in my office) in between front line agent and supervisor. So, basically my job was to deal with really irate people.

There are a lot of processes and different things you need to understand about a company. We say for people the same thing, if you dont know someone or dont spend a lot of time with that person and dont really know them, dont judge them. Same with the companies... If you have never worked at certain place and dont know ins and outs please dont judge the whole company.

And you never lost your right to speak. I have been threatened and called out names, etc. At the end of the day I was able to calm the person down and offer them something to make sure they knew they were a valuable customer to Bell.

And this is the way you get transferred if you asked to speak to someone higher.

- so, first you get first line agent. You asked to be transferred to supervisor, they HAVE to transfer you to senior agent (they have no choice), senior agent is most likely to help you without supervisor, however if that fails and you dont have your problem resolved, they transfer you to supervisor who may or may not be able to solve the issue. You can still go higher and next stop is manager. And yes, you can get a call back from manager, you might not be able to speak with him or her immediately, but you will get a call back from manager. We had our floor's manager sitting in office right next to our supervisors, so when someone here says there is no such thing, its a flat out lie. I have been in that office for 3 years and I know that there is such thing as manager.

Most people dont have time to go that high or their problems get resolved in timely manner but they have that option. Its very sad to see that someone who worked in Bell Canada's environment would trash a company like that, and none of it is true.

Yes, there can be a lot of unsatisfied customers, but tell me a company that doesnt have it? And Bell is the only company I had to deal with and from my own experience know that will go out of their way to help you and even refund you the money if services werent used. Im not going to trash other companies because if you get treated bad by an agent, its just an agent's attitude and not the true picture of that company. And we do get mad and I know I do when I go to the store and a cashier doesnt treat me right but managers usually do help you calm down and give you percentage off to show you they appreciate you.

Anyway, I just wanted to point out few things about Bell from inside and behind the closed door.

Before I forget:

If you "threaten" to cancel your account, again, front line agent can not do anything about it. There is dept. called "retention call center" that your call has to be transferred to where the agent there will try to retain you and solve your problem and see why you want to cancel. If its a bad customer service, than they will try to offer you free month or two to keep you. If its because of technical issues again they will try to solve your problem by sending out tech and still offering you months of free services. I know this because I worked there and know exactly the process it went through. Once you get your free month or two, we do make a note of it, but not so you dont get another freebie, but to keep people who take advantage of this, from repeating it. How unfair would that be, one person keeps on getting free services, just because they complained about almost anything and than you had others who never got anything free. So, its to just keep people from taking advantage. However, if you do have legitimate concern and problems second time around, you will get retained and the issue will be dealt with. And every problem is dealt as REAL problem. Again every time you call in, it is documented in your file. Even if you just called to reset your password, it is documented. The name of the agent that helped you, date, issue, if solved...etc... all documented. Just wanted to make sure everyone knew that Bell is not a monster most of you think it is. Its rude agents, that make it seem that way, but actually, we are all given the same training and its quite great one. I have never worked again in the place where they put so much into teaching people about respect and handling irate customers in the best possible way and thats by still showing respect even if the customer is wrong.
    Last edited by MostarkaGirl; Tue, Nov 29th, 2011 at 05:24 AM.

Follow my Beauty Blog on instagram @officialbestofglam
    or on facebook @bestofglam

I write reviews on all new and upcoming beauty products
    Sephora is my grand love

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information