User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Grateful for the savings
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

During last weekend's SDM bonus redemption, I had enough to redeem on $300 free (I know you must do two separate redemptions). Anyhow, I called to every single Shopper's store in our county and the next one: Not a single one had the Acer netbook. Every single store told me that they weren't in stock or that they "didn't get any". I'm talking about almost 30 stores.

I see that they're advertised in this week's flyer, and I'm willing to bet that they'll miraculously be in stock at those same locations.

Did anyone else see them during last week's bonus redemption? Wondering if they're hiding certain products now??
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart
    Last edited by Nice Sass; Fri, Dec 4th, 2009 at 02:38 PM. Reason: typo

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

SDM is not an electronics store and I really do think they have very little of that stuff in store, but it wouldn't surprise me if they pulled it off the shelf so that it wasn't as visible during bonus redemptions.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I have NEVER seen the notebooks in any of the stores, this includes weeks that they have it in the flyer.
    I have only seen the tv in one store that was back in August.
    So I'm really not surprised if its a very hard to find item that they hardly ever have in stock.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

It's just rare that they have such things in stock. But count your blessings, it saved you from getting an Acer!!!

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

if they never have the items in stock they shouldn't even bother advertising for them. Lmao Natalka, some acers are awesome depends what price level your at.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I as well as my daughter got the acer netbook, not during any special bonus redemption days but we used max points ($150.00 worth) Mine, I got in Amherstburg and she got hers at the Roundhouse location. I was told at the time that only 2 were sent out to each store. It may be an Acer but we are very pleased with it and have had no problems. Also I purchased mine in September and she got hers about a month ago.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    It's just rare that they have such things in stock. But count your blessings, it saved you from getting an Acer!!!

oh i agree do not get an acer computer i have one and it's really bad i miss my dell

Trading Score
    317 (100%)

Same thing happened to me for the Sony Ipod dock/alarm clock that was in the flyer...not in stock at either location....oh well I ended up getting my nephew an even better gift..LOL...but I did redeem at SDM for a Christmas present for myself...I got the Instyler rotating cylinder straightening/curler dohicky....LOL I like it too!

Grateful for the savings
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks guys. I covered all of Essex County, plus Tilbury and Chatham. Oh well.

We really just wanted this as an extra computer for surfing and nothing more, so not worried that it's an Acer as it's not the main computer or replacing anything. Pretty good deal when you max out the points on it.

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Oh my gosh! The same thing happened to me. I saw 2 different stores that still had the netbooks (mind you it was 2-3 weeks before the bonus redemption), so I called those stores and both were sold out. I ended up calling EVERY SDM within a 2 hour drive from my house (kingston, napanee, brockville, belleville etc). They all said they had none in since it was only a back to school promo and that they doubted they would ever get them again. So, I finally spent my 75,000 points and $100 GC on Christmas presents (after looking around at 3 different SDM's for something for myself). Ahhhh, I really wanted a netbook since my computer is starting to bite the dust. Dont have enough points anymore and certainly not willing to shell out $300 right before Christmas. If I was willing I'd be going to Bestbuy or Costco not SDM.

Certainly frustrating!

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

Ever notice how they never have signs outside of sdm when a bonus redemption is happening? but they have signs for bonus points, like spend $75 get 15,000 points? They don't make money off the bonus redemptions, they are basically giving out products for free. The same way they may advertise that they have laptops and other electronics, and you get into the store and they have none, they have done their part, they got you in the store and chances are you will buy something now.

Trading Score
    71 (100%)

:O Really? My nearby SDM ALWAYSSS has signs out, and it's ANNOYING
    I Love you; not for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you.

Tradelist: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/102892-...t-12th-canada/

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnie View Post
    :O Really? My nearby SDM ALWAYSSS has signs out, and it's ANNOYING
    About bonus redemptions?

Grateful for the savings
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    Ever notice how they never have signs outside of sdm when a bonus redemption is happening? but they have signs for bonus points, like spend $75 get 15,000 points? They don't make money off the bonus redemptions, they are basically giving out products for free. The same way they may advertise that they have laptops and other electronics, and you get into the store and they have none, they have done their part, they got you in the store and chances are you will buy something now.
    You're right ; I hadn't noticed that before. I went in with a plan ($100 on gifts; $200 on the netbook) and stuck to it. When there are good deals to be had, I find this is the best method not to over-spend. I'm thinking that next time I'll have someone (DH) buy it in advance, no optimum card, and then return it while I'm there "asking" if they have one. Oooo....coincidence!
    Last edited by Nice Sass; Sat, Dec 5th, 2009 at 06:27 AM. Reason: oops

Trading Score
    153 (100%)

Mine has bonus redemption signs outside.

Watch out for returns on electronics though. The exclusions they tlak about on their return policy in a whole gray area.

It was the night before redemption, I wanted mario bros 3 really badly and I was going to buy the night before & return unopened the next day to pay with my points. I was told by the clerk that I could not return anything electronics, sealed or not. If I wanted to return, to speak with manufacturer. I was shocked a bit, so I called 800shoppers who told me that since the stores are individually owned each had its on policy. If they did not want to accept the return, even though it could be rediculous for them not to, they did not have too.

I ended up going early the next day to get my game, I did not want to leave it to chance. I would not of been able to keep the game unsealed for a few hours anyways.
    Last edited by blackpup; Sat, Dec 5th, 2009 at 01:16 PM.
    My Queen passed out from pure bliss thanks to her secret Santa. Bless you kind angel

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information