User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lekate View Post
    It will turn into a moral/ethical debate either way, it's ridiculous to expect a store to return things after a year or more. I'm sorry, but I will judge anyone who tries to return things after a year of purchase, why does it take so long to return something? That's just pushing it.
    Please do not try to start a fight. It's pointless and everyone IS getting along without a debate so let's keep it that way shall we?
    Last edited by itsjustmebub; Thu, Dec 10th, 2009 at 06:21 PM.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by itsjustmebub View Post
    Please do not try to start a fight. It's pointless and everyone IS getting along without a debate so let's keep it that way shall we?
    I'm not starting a fight, I just think it's extremely rude to expect a store to do a return on something that's been used and just wore out, nothing should be expected to last. It's extremely unfair to other shoppers who have to pay higher prices because someone wants to constantly return things when they shouldn't be.

I believe I'm adding to a discussion by voicing MY opinion, are we not allowed to do that?

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

oh you most certainly can express your opinion

however she stated she ISN'T returning it and never planned to return it ... so who are you calling rude? the random people out there? lol ... ?

i just want to be sure it's not being directed at the original poster that's all

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I believe Costco warrenty extends the warrenty (double) so say you buy a computer they extend the warrenty from one year to 2 years. I have to say there warrenty is one of the reason why we buy so much from Costco, I have only returned our crappy Acer to them. I also love it because if I buy gifts ( Birthday, Bridal, and Baby shower) the people can return the item with just my card number. I mean I've bought baby itams and the couple returned the item and they just called and got my member number and they were able to get what they wanted.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by itsjustmebub View Post
    oh you most certainly can express your opinion

however she stated she ISN'T returning it and never planned to return it ... so who are you calling rude? the random people out there? lol ... ?

i just want to be sure it's not being directed at the original poster that's all
    Random people, I never once implied it was her.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

alright then

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by daisybear View Post
    YOUR KIDDING ME!!! Why on earth didn't I think of that. I have been cursing these darm Kirkland diapers since the day I bought 244 of them. I have painfully got almost all of the aweful things gone. I even used some for a game at a baby shower.
    The tab tear off, they leak and oh my god they stink!!!
    nope no kidding! i just brought the case back in explained the issue (though the girl was giving be a slightly rude look, but did the return-asked her if she had a kid and delt with diapers she said no so i'm sure she just didn't understand what i was saying)

i wouldn't have returned it if there was a quarter of a box left but it was most of a box and they were driving me crazy

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

Well allowing people to return items over and over again just raises the prices for others right? isn't that the way it works. My uncle used to buy tv's and then return them when a new and better one came out. I thought it was kinda silly and surprised that the store kept taking it back.

Grateful for the savings
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think I've been a member of Costco for about eleven years now myself, and prior to that was a member with my family; in all that time I returned one item - a children's set of PJ's for $9 that was unused, because it had just been purchased and hadn't even had tags removed before it seemed like she grew an inch overnight. They were great about it. But that's it.

With any other store I would be inclined to agree that the return policy costs us, the consumers; but I know a person who supplies to Costco and he told us that in order to be a supplier, you have to agree to have your merchandise returned, no questions asked (they even supply an expected return rate), and little regard to time limits. All cost is on him - the vendor. He can't raise his prices to account for this, or Costco shoppers just wouldn't buy his merchandise. It's the cost of doing business there, where members are better "buyers" than elsewhere. I'm sure there is more to it and an economics major could jump in here and explain what the overall effect would be!

I think that if anyone did push it and return something that was quite old, they wouldn't want to admit it now as this took a turn that wasn't expected. Sorry for that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information