User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

didn't know about this. cool
    SWAGBUCKS ---- Want to earn FREE Gift Cards for searching the web?
    JOIN Swagbucks FREE Join me in earning Amazon Giftcards

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa13 View Post
    --> greentires4me: "huge sheet cake that was marked down to 50% off then changed at the till for 5cents..."

How does it get changed at the till for 5 cents? I buy 50% breads ect. from RCSS too but never get that good of a markdown.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunraven View Post
    I'm glad I'm not the only crazy person doing this.
    We use bread only on the weekends for breakfast so I go to RCSS on Friday night and pick up the pink stickered bread and we use it on the Saturday & Sunday.

The dates are usually good for wayyy past the weekend anyway and I haven't found any suspicious looking breads so far.

I love this because I usually pick up the pink stickered Wonder Invisibles at 50% off and then I use my $0.75 coupons and end up paying $0.25 or much less for a loaf depending on the markdown.

You aren't the only ones that pick up the items with 50% of sticker. I often pick up tofu that is nearing the sell by date that is reduced...it keeps for several weeks unopened and once opened is fine if eating within a few days as any other tofu. I rarely buy bananas full price stocking up with several pounds at a time when 50% (I peel them and freeze; they are great for smoothies). Lately, I've been finding/buying the plastic containers of spinach, or various greens for 50% and find they keep well with a dry j-cloth type cloth to keep humidity at bay or can easily cook it into your omellets or other dishes. I generally get my pocketless pitas at 50% too.
    Last edited by frugal_gal; Tue, Dec 15th, 2009 at 08:02 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

To OP, thanks for the tip. I don't buy enough to ever reach the minimum amount required for the offers but certainly will pass this info on to friends who shop there.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i didnt knw that .thank u

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yes, it's true. I've been able to do this at my store too. Now that I'm done with diapers and pull-ups, I never spend enough to get the free item anymore.
    The 50% off expiring products is great for yogurt too. I use coupons and get it for next to nothing.
    It is also great that you can use manufacturers coupons on top of their store coupons. They often have a coupon for $3 off when you buy 3 Kellogg's cereals. I use other coupons as well and can get them very cheap!

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Be careful with close to date spinaches and salads as they have a higher risk of carrying e coli, AND whoever tries this please don't use a cloth with antibacterials in it.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

well its best to know to wash all items that grow in soil with cow manure. The damp cloth will keep your lettuce fresh for several days before you need to use it or a damp disposable towel works well too...and of course antibacterials not sure you want that to go into your body...but then again they put edible wax onto apples hence the glossy shine.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa13 View Post
    --> greentires4me: "huge sheet cake that was marked down to 50% off then changed at the till for 5cents..."

How does it get changed at the till for 5 cents? I buy 50% breads ect. from RCSS too but never get that good of a markdown.
    I suppose she said something like its missing something or it says there is suppose to be this in it but there isn't...I am sure there is more to what she actually does to get cake for 5cents. Of course you probably need to talk to a manager to get big mark downs on things like that...
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

But i do know that...this is my 3rd post in a row totally unintended but needed of course...well when I was on Katimavik I needed phone cards and went through all the different phone cards out there yet the president choice long distant ones held up and gave more talk time...it might not save you on groceries or anything but it may save you in a high cellphone or home phone bill because I only got billed for the connection from my cell company not for the long distant charges...that could have occurred at that appropriate time
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I have done this @ superstore...put your stuff through....give the cashier your weekly coupon FIRST and get your free item THEN give them all your other coupons...this has worked for me on numerous occasions. I usually keep everything I have a coupon for at the very last of my order on the belt because the always want to see the item...so it saves time and dirty looks from other customers!After all coupons I have had grocerery bills under 200.00 with the free item in my cart!!!

Trading Score
    287 (100%)

Good to know, will let my friend know who spends this much every week at RCSS
    I have started a new venture with South Hill Designs (customizable lockets and bracelets). Check out my website to learn more
    http://www.southhilldesigns.com/ca/olganorris/default

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

OP, that's very smart. That's the fine print working for ya!

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

you learn something new every day!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information