User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Cashiers

Trading Score
    103 (100%)

Other instances:
    Packing toxic products in with produce without extra bagging
    Putting cans on top of bread
    Bending plastic-bottled products in order to force them to fit into the packing box, thereby cracking the bottles which will then leak the contents
    Tossing potatoes, apples & tomatoes down hard on the counter, so they rot in a few days
    Repeatedly spraying lysol in the air while at the counter with customers, even after being asked not to by customers with asthma and allergies
    Not keeping the counter clean from blood, and free of debris

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

^ are you quoting this from a website or something?

Trading Score
    103 (100%)

Just quoting from personal experience.

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

blood on the counter? did she have a nose bleed or something?

Trading Score
    103 (100%)

Meat packages.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    blood on the counter? did she have a nose bleed or something?
    Once, I switched my birth control to a different brand, and it dried my nose up so much, my nose would bleed like a crack addicts, anyways, it would like pooour onto the cash, and then I'd run, customer would be left standing there going "wtf".

ALSO, I thought this wasn't a cashier bashing thread? Every other thread bashes cashiers! Leave them alone! Sorry if they don't care, but it's the lamest job in the world, and most customers are so painful to have to interact with.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Valiant View Post
    Meat packages.
    Also, I'm so paranoid, grossed out by meat that if customers brought gross leaky meat to me, I'd scan it, jam it in a bag, clean the counter/conveyor belt, go upstairs to the girls change room wash my hands, go back and finish their order. I don't care if they said it's how the meat people left it, that's nasty stuff, I don't want to touch it. At all. Don't eat it, don't want to touch it.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i've never had any of those problems with any cashier.

Trading Score
    38 (100%)

I don't see the point in listing all the things you don't like about cashiers in this thread!?

I personally have no issues at all. I've been treated well and not so well but everyone has a bad day or a brain fart moment so I tend to just let it go really. I've worked with people before and I get how stressful it can be. I tend not to form an opinion on someone I don't know based on one interaction. Can they do stupid things? Sure but so can everyone.
    Win Amazon Giftcards just by searching with Swagbucks! I've made over $700!!!

Ask me for more information on how

Tangerine Orange Key is 14221156S1

Trading Score
    176 (99%)

Wow, what an interesting thread!

Couple things I wanted to say.

1. I'm sure we have all dealt with a rude cashier, or a great cashier. Someone is going to complain about cashiers on this forum every week. Take it in stride, its not personal.

2. In regard to the "Dove chocolate incident" it really seems to me like a case of mediocre customer service, not necessarily a dumb cashier. Soooo many chain stores don't give a flip about customer service anymore. The cashier calling a stock person over who could have answered the questions would have gone a long way.

See thats what good CS is about. Going above what you "have" to do. Sure, maybe its not her responsibility to know when stock is going to come in, but if Management trained cashiers better in CS (in general) they could avoid bad customer experiences like this.

I'm sure everyone has heard the adage where a customer who has a bad experience will tell 7 people. A customer who has had a good experience will only tell 1 person. (Don't know how accurate these numbers are, but the point is valid).

3. Evil Kitten - I had to laugh about your Penningtons experiences. I was a manager for Rickis for a few years. Rickis is HUGE on customer service. The return policy is "No sale is EVER final". This includes tags off, ripped items, items from 3 years ago etc.

I have to tell you that I saw every return that came back. The customers who make their purchase because of a GREAT return policy far outweigh the customers who will take advantage of that same policy.

In Management training at Head Office we had the opportunity to meet the President and CEO. He reiterated this point - he was happy to give back money to customers who really shouldn't have been returning because the peace of mind the return policy gave to our regular customers made them come back again and again.

Not trying to lecture anyone here, I just love talking business policies
    Andrea
    My Blog: http://andreasfitness.blogspot.com

I joined Swagbucks and made $25 in 3 weeks! Its so easy! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rhiannon1891

Trading Score
    103 (100%)

In the 'Dove Chocolate' incident, this cashier IS also the stock person.

Quote Originally Posted by rhiannon1891 View Post
    Wow, what an interesting thread!

Couple things I wanted to say.

1. I'm sure we have all dealt with a rude cashier, or a great cashier. Someone is going to complain about cashiers on this forum every week. Take it in stride, its not personal.

2. In regard to the "Dove chocolate incident" it really seems to me like a case of mediocre customer service, not necessarily a dumb cashier. Soooo many chain stores don't give a flip about customer service anymore. The cashier calling a stock person over who could have answered the questions would have gone a long way.

See thats what good CS is about. Going above what you "have" to do. Sure, maybe its not her responsibility to know when stock is going to come in, but if Management trained cashiers better in CS (in general) they could avoid bad customer experiences like this.

I'm sure everyone has heard the adage where a customer who has a bad experience will tell 7 people. A customer who has had a good experience will only tell 1 person. (Don't know how accurate these numbers are, but the point is valid).

3. Evil Kitten - I had to laugh about your Penningtons experiences. I was a manager for Rickis for a few years. Rickis is HUGE on customer service. The return policy is "No sale is EVER final". This includes tags off, ripped items, items from 3 years ago etc.

I have to tell you that I saw every return that came back. The customers who make their purchase because of a GREAT return policy far outweigh the customers who will take advantage of that same policy.

In Management training at Head Office we had the opportunity to meet the President and CEO. He reiterated this point - he was happy to give back money to customers who really shouldn't have been returning because the peace of mind the return policy gave to our regular customers made them come back again and again.

Not trying to lecture anyone here, I just love talking business policies

Rocky! Rocky! Rah Rah Rah c_mcarthur's Avatar
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

I could write a book on stupid customers thinking cashiers are stupid. Ive worked as a cashier for 7 years and believe me , half the time i read rants about cashiers i get angry but i dont say anything.
    ANYWAY,
    From my experience supervising other cashiers i have noticed that within the last 3 years at my current job, ive had only 2 actual stupid cashiers. As in their head was filled with air. They would do stupid stuff, ask stupid questions, and constantly give back the wrong change/punch wrong things in.
    So within 3 years, 2 stupid cashiers... within 3 years thousands of stupid customers.
    Customers who cant read signage properly and insist things are different prices, customers who dont read fine print on coupons (it says one coupon per person per day, which means NO u cannot use 15 seperate coupons today), customers who are pigs and leave their half eaten hotdogs/tim hortons cups/smoothie cups on our shelves, who destroy our bathrooms. Customers who yell and scream at cashiers if something rings up wrong (yes sometimes there are mistakes made in the system on sale items) , customers who make cashiers cry (who do u think you are? ) customers who insist they are going to call head office because of things out of our control. (as in u.s. prices being half the canadian price and sometimes printed on the label)

I could go on and on about the stupidity of customers, sometimes it feels like people leave their brains at home before they come shopping.
    Im not saying anyone HERE is a stupid customer, im just letting everyone know there are 2 sides to every story.
    and everyone does stupid things once in a while

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by c_mcarthur View Post
    customers who are pigs and leave their half eaten hotdogs/tim hortons cups/smoothie cups on our shelves..... sometimes it feels like people leave their brains at home before they come shopping.
    Im not saying anyone HERE is a stupid customer, im just letting everyone know there are 2 sides to every story.
    and everyone does stupid things once in a while
    ^ some of my favourite points from that post... I HATE when I see coffee cuts and other garbage lodged between shelves!!! There are garbage cans around people, use them! This is just as bad as throwing garbage on the street or out the window when you are driving.

And ya, leaving your brain at home....

Trading Score
    38 (100%)

My GF and I always joke it should be a drinking game with all the Timmies cups we spot abandoned!! It's so gross.

I have been reading a customers suck forum for a while. There are a lot of people leaving their brain at home lol
    Last edited by SarahS83; Sun, Dec 20th, 2009 at 01:17 PM.
    Win Amazon Giftcards just by searching with Swagbucks! I've made over $700!!!

Ask me for more information on how

Tangerine Orange Key is 14221156S1

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I sort of disagree with this thread..in a way.
    All of my jobs were dealing with customers. I have worked in 3 different fast food places, (Burger King, Chick-Fil-A, and McDonald's), a grocery store, and a retirement home.
    If someone were rude to me, I would never EVER be rude back to them, mainly for these reasons:
    1.) If you're getting a job that leaves you in any way interacting with people, then you should realize that not everyone will always be nice. If you don't get that, then you should never have applied to be in that position.
    2.) I'm getting paid to take that rudeness, or whatever. Whatever I do reflects back on the company that I'm working for, not just myself.

I will smile politely throughout whatever ordeal I'm going through, and yes I may rant later, but I knew what I was getting into when I applied for my job. And not all customers are horrible, and I've made friendships with my regulars plenty of times.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information