User Tag List

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

err,

"The Vancouver2010.com/memories reservation page was designed to accept reservations for the free Journal. It allowed us to estimate the number of books that we would need to produce before we offered the Journal to the public.
    Customers are responsible for shipping and handling charges to their shipping address. Because the Olympic Games is a worldwide event, we want to offer the public at large a commemorative piece which allows them to document their unique Olympic experience in a personal and meaningful way – regardless of where they live in the World."

no loss, but the original registration page was pretty misleading...

Pannational Acquisitioner DarthMonkey's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Charge: $17.50
    Shipping and Handling: will be calculated during checkout

So basically they're charging for them now. Rip off...

Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

Due to this not being a real freebie, this is now expired.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I got an email, does anybody know how s+h will be?
    Please PM me if you do know.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This is what i got after sending them an email:

"The Vancouver2010.com/memories reservation page was designed to accept reservations for the free Journal. It allowed us to estimate the number of books that we would need to produce before we offered the Journal to the public. In the beginning it did not mention shipping and handling but once we realized the confusion regarding it we included that. The journal has 160 pages filled with history on the Olympics, fun facts about the participants, and beautiful photography of Vancouver. The great thing about this journal is that it is not only good for during the Olympics but it is good to have after as well to write down your memories while they are still fresh on your mind. The fee for handling is 2.70 and it is included in the price given to you.
    The Olympic Games is a worldwide event that showcases the standard of excellence held by the World’s athletes. We want to offer the public at large a free special commemorative piece which allows them to document their unique Olympic experience in a personal and meaningful way – regardless of where they live in the World. I am sorry for the confusion. If you have any further questions you can reach our customer service department at 1.877.990.6490."

Its not even a real journal...its more like a vancouver book. What a ripoff...they said "free" just to see how many people would be interested. I'm very disappointed, especially since this is coming from the vancouver olympic website. when i checkout, it still says the journal is $17.99 - bringing my total to roughly $30.

Amolia: S&H varies. For me in Toronto it was $8 something shipping + $2/70 standard handling fee. What kind of email did you get? i signed up to reserve a book in january but never got an email...

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i got another reply from them...the book isn't blank. its filled with random olympic things (probably not from this olympics) with a bit of space to write ur own thoughts.
    so just to be clear...this isn't like a diary journal. its more like a book.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread Information