User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Omg these people are like the mob! I should just pay them for services I did not receive because they said so??? I switched from Rogers to bell in the summer of 2008, they make all of the arrangements! That was easy, but I let them know that the account is in my Husbands name- no problem- it's done! Everything was fine until we had to move.... We took the month to move, so I picked my moving date according to when I could get my bell services switched over, so on that Friday morning- I packed up my infant daughter and went to the new house, the phone guy came by 8:30 now I just had to wait for the tv and internet guy. I waited and waited and finally I called- they told me to wait until 5. It was a long day in an empty house but fine- I waited until 5:15 and called back- oops there was a mistake- I would have to make a new appointment. I was mad but made a new appointment for the following Thursday- so annoying I had movers for that weekend, so I had no T.V or internet for almost a week. My house has an inlaw suite and our friend lives downstairs and suggested we just rent another cable box and use his cable- done- that was an even better deal! I called on Monday to cancel my Bell services- I was not on the account! The account is in my husbands name- I explained that I set the account up, and had only told them his name to cancel the correct Rogers account, I was allowed to do this but I would have to pay the month and cancelation fees- That sucked but whatever- we paid it, and just had our bell phone. They continued to charge us for T.V. and Internet service 3 months after, each time I called them sat on the phone for 45 minutes explained that I set up the account and asked them to fix it- put my name on and to have the extra charges removed. A few months later (by now, I really don't like bell) I decided to cancel my home phone because I use my cell phone most of the time anyways- and my husband only uses his cell phone. The girl told me that it is $150 cancelation fee but if I wait until August it will only be $75.00, she said I should remove all of the features from my phone and just keep a basic phone line- then cancel in August, so I agreed to keep in for a few more months. I keep getting bills higher than the basic phone line- I call, explain that I set up the account, on the phone for 45 minutes and have the extra charges removed- ask that they put my name on the account as I am the one who set it up. Next bill comes still high charges and still charged the extra from the previous month- I only paid the 21 something it was supposed to have been- Same thing I call I'm still not on the account- you get the picture. I asked that A new revised bill be sent out- I'm not paying until I get a new bill! I keep getting high bills and I ignored them until August ( I am so sick of the looong phone calls for nothing- especially since they happen during the precious hour that my daughter naps!) In August I call to cancel my phone and ask that the extra charges be removed- again I am not on the account (blah blah- I explain what happened and am allowed to cancel the account) I get my final bill still with the high phone charges. So I call saying I want to pay the bill but need to have the extra charges removed- after another HOUR on the phone this time he says I never requested to have my phone line switched to a basic line- yes I did!!! He argues with me about this and finally says I can't discuss this account with you- you are not on the account!!! I said I am calling because I want to pay this bill but I don't want to pay one red penny more than I owe- you don't want my money- he keeps saying I can't discuss this with you. I am getting so mad, I have been on the phone for over an hour and NOW you can't discuss this with me? I explain that they have NEVER EVER even once talked to my husband- If he got off of the phone with me that I was not going to pay the bill at all- he just kept saying he couldn't discuss this with me- I asked for a manager- he couldn't discuss this with me- I said OK so I can make a Bell account under anyones name? (Every question I ask is now answered with I can not discuss this with you!) So We ended our conversation with me saying- well since you refuse to take the extra charges I am not going to pay, If you would take the extra money off I will go pay it right now and we will be done? I can't discuss this with you ma'am have a nice day! So I ignored it until we get a letter from collections, my husband calls (of course they can't talk to me, it is on his credit) explains the extra charges- too bad! They tell him to have me charged with fraud or pay the bill! He says I did not tell them to put the account in his name nor pretend to be him- they don't care they just want him to pay the bill! (Of course that is their job) Finally today they said to find out the date that the account was set up and they would listen to the original conversation, so they could talk to me (because he has no idea about any of this- he NEVER talked to them!) and have the bill fixed! So I called Bell just to see if they could please tell me the date the account (My husband is so busy at work) and again after being transfered 4 times the guy tells me he can't discus the account with me, I ask please and explain again that I am indeed the person who set up the account- no! Ok fine my husband is going to have to call. I had to ask how is it possible to set up an account in someone elses name AND make changes to the account- he says it's not possible, I said well that's what has happened here, he insists that it is not possible and my husband had to have set up the account. He is getting rude with me and talking down to me now, like I am lying about this and making the whole thing up??!! In the end I'm sure we will just have to pay the bill- but I am so angry at all of this, my account has been GROSSLY mismanaged by apparently MANY people there, they never tried to fix the mistake- and have to pay EXTRA just because the said so???? I just want to knock a few of their heads together -HARD!
    This thread is currently associated with: Bell, Rogers (Plus)

Being Polite Is Very Easy WandaJean's Avatar
    Trading Score
    31 (97%)

omg what a horrible experience..I too had a bad experience with them...with the repair department...here is my story...it's shorter than yours..lol.
    I phoned repair and said there is static in my line and the phone is in the landlords name..I empasized over and over if there is any type of charge I do not want any repair done as I did not want the landlord to have unexpected charges on the phone bill..they assured me there would only be a charge if someone came "n to my apartment".....I happen to be outside when the repairman arrived and he said he woiuld have to come into the apartment...I said absolutely not...he did not come in..the landlord got charged..he asked bell for any type of signed authorization for the repair..they had none...he was charged 99.00 for the repair( what repair??)...he refused to pay the bill...the phone got disconnected...I went through the same thing when I tried to call them about it."you are not authorized to discuss this bill"...but yet I was authorized to phone for repair..it seems to me anyone can phone to make any changes, repairs etc but as soon as the bill comes and it's wrong..then all hell breaks loose, unfortuneatly I had to get a bell phone in my name as cogeco phone is not available for me. Sucks...Yep..Bell Sucks
    Thank You SC'rs for all the contests/samples/freebies, etc. that you post.
    Join Swagbucks today! Get those freebies!!!http://www.swagbucks.com/<WBR>refer/WandaJean $725.00 aprx of freebies From Amazon...I love Free

Trading Score
    56 (100%)

Oh lord, don't get me started on Bell! They really are like the Mafia. I will never ever ever get any services through Bell. I remember as a teenager living at home when my Dad switched from Bell to some other phone company. For years after, Bell kept calling and harassing us to switch our services back. I remember once I was talking to them and had explained that we were not interested in switching back and the lady answered all huffy "well I can't understand why you wouldn't want to have service with us". I don't care if you understand or not! No means no!

Blessed with 4 children
    Trading Score
    347 (100%)

Yep I agree that Bell is nothing but a bunch of crooks. We used to have Bell ExpressVu back in 2005. We moved to a different house and Bell sent the guy do do the installation in the new house. On the service form it clearly states what address it was removed from and what address it's now in. So we wait for our bill, doesn't come. We call Bell and said did you change our address in the system? Yes they did. Well we never got the bill. They say they will send it again. We wait til next month. Nothing. Called again. Same story. So this happened for months until we just decided to cancel the service when our term ended because I didn't want to pay the cancellation charges. In the meantime, we receive NO BILL for about 5 months. Our monthly bill is supposed to be $85 a month so 5 months that we didn't get our bill x $85 per month = $425. Supposedly. When we called to cancel the service they said our outstanding bill is $800 something. We said no way our plan is so and so and it's $85 a month and we didn't get our bill for the last 5 months so that's why we didn't pay it. Checked the address on their system again. It's right. So where is our bill? We're not paying a red cent until we see what we were charged for. So they say they will send the bill. 3 more months of this back and forth calling for our bill. Never came. Then finally we get a letter from a collection agency on behalf of Bell for nearly $1000. So the collection agency's letter made it but Bell's bill didn't make it? Keep in mind that the collection agency would have to ask Bell for our address. My and my husband said F that, we're not paying S**T to these crooks. We have moved plenty of times since then and that collection item is probably sitting in our credit file but I'd rather file for bankruptcy than be bullied by these A******S. Sorry for the cursing. It brings back terrible memories.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Oh I am still LIVID about this! I should not have been allowed to cancel the rogers account if this is their policy, They made a mistake by not putting the account in my name- I'm sure it would have been easy enough to fix- by putting my name on the account! I take care of the household he takes care of his business- this has caused us to have arguments- Makes me feel like an idiot! My husband owns his company and Bell is his provider there for 7 cell phone lines 2 land lines and internet- I wonder if they would have treated us differently had they known that??!! I could seriously go on and on about how many times they screwed up my bill- can you believe I shortened my story! LOL

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Did you sign a contract with bell for your phone services? I never had to pay any cancellation fees or anything when I finally booted them to the curb.

They do however keep calling me trying to get my to sign a contract with them to get cheaper rates for 6 months (no thanks lol)

The major trouble I had with bell mafia was cancelling my cellular, they wanted all these fees etc and I argued until I got out of it.

I will NEVER use bell again.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I did agree to pay cancellation fees- they read them to you over the phone, but we did pay them, I am disputing them charging me for extra lines, call answer- when I had gotten rid of all that- at the girl @ bell's recommendation- the problem is, it is on my husbands credit and he never set up the account! I don't think that it's right- If they would have taken the extra charges off the bill would have been paid by now- but now it's a matter of principle!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Here's my contribution to "I hate Bell" stories:

We cancelled our Bell home phone a few months ago but wanted to keep our internet with them. We told them a week ahead of time...we are cancelling our phone, we need our internet to stay up without interruption...please make sure that you keep a 'dry loop' (we were told by tech support to ask for this) when you disconnect our phone.

Of course, on disconnection day, we have no internet. Called to complaain...'yeah, we'll fix it...in 5 days!?!?!?!'

We got on the phone with Rogers and had brand new perfect internet in our house within the day.

Rogers can give a brand new customer internet within 4 hours of the initial phone call, and it takes Bell 5 days to give back a customer the internet that the they mistakenly took away?

That did it, that week we cancelled all our Bell services. Now have Rogers for cell, tv, internet and home phone. Never been happier.

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Ah, more I hate Bell stories.

I also started an entire thread, so I wont repeat myself here but I am just so surprised that they are managing to stay in business! THEY SUCK!

babymaeby, I also haven't gotten any bills from bell. I finally agreed to have direct withdrawl since I never get the bills and didn't want them to ruin our credit because of their stupidity!

Cant wait to switch back to rogers, would have never left but we moved to the country and bell was the only company available in the area (I bet thats how they survive - off people who dont have a choice!).

I HATE BELL reps to everyone

SDM Optimum Queen Wannabe julie.leeds's Avatar
    Trading Score
    23 (100%)

I think there is a I hate rogers thread on here too *lol*

I think you can only judge by your personal experience.

Either way we still don't have many telecommunication options so most of the time it is a case of the devil you know or the devil you don't!

Follow the elephant...
    http://thestthomasblog.com

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

I hate bell too. My cell phone face got scratched and they wouldn't fit it and said it was my fault. So I've had a scratched phone for over a year now. I am waiting until my contract or year is up and then getting out of it and going with someone else.
    Last edited by Justine; Wed, Jan 6th, 2010 at 09:01 PM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Yeah I hate Rogers too- but they are the lesser of two evils right now! That's why I originally switched to Bell- I was always having to call to get my bill corrected- Seriously do they just charge whatever they feel like?!

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

haha I meant to say Bell in there, not rogers! I hate rogers, but for different reasons, CABLE! Bell I hate for PHONE.

dealseeker/contest addict Deal_Princess's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That really was hard to read though. Could you use the enter key next time to separate paragraphs. I know you were fuming when typing it just helps to read it.

I think bell/rogers/telus etc all have their problems with customer service. Its usually communication errors that causes issues like this. Maybe someone misinterpreted what you said.

I've had problems with every company out there. I've also had good experiences with them too. For me at least the good out weigh the bad.Hopefully you experience the same.

Picky Canadian Shopper
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That's nuts. but you'll likely find at some point Rogers is just another mob family!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information