User Tag List

Page 167 of 182 FirstFirst ... 67 117 157 165 166 167 168 169 177 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,505 of 2721
Like Tree1021Likes

Thread: If there is anything you do NOT like about SmartCanucks please let me know!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    Is there any way that an archive could be constructed for really old threads to go and die? Members could still access the threads but just couldn't post to them to bring them back to life. Too many of these threads lately have been brought back into action that just aren't relevant any longer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    ^ +1 - resurrected threads are awful! They should be closed to further commenting.
    There is an area - expired posts
    but they can still be replied to and SC rules state members should search for related threads before making a new one, spammers are another story but there will always be spammers
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I understand that, but why can't they be closed for comment or locked so they can't come back to life?
    Hsooley and GoJays like this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

It would involve mods manually locking these threads (since there are legit ongoing threads that are used like chatathon, codes etc)

Besides, for some it is nice when they are revived, one recently revived reminded me of a member who hasn't been around for a while and I looked her up on FB to say hello
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

For me, it's when people necromance contest threads, in order to get thier initial 5 posts before adding their conterst link rather tahn add to a current running contest thread, IYCWIM. Any I see I report as expired.

Perhaps you need a Contest Forum sticky with a set of rules for that area such as adding an expiry date to each thread.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    For me, it's when people necromance contest threads, in order to get thier initial 5 posts before adding their conterst link rather tahn add to a current running contest thread, IYCWIM. Any I see I report as expired.

Perhaps you need a Contest Forum sticky with a set of rules for that area such as adding an expiry date to each thread.
    There's currently 4 threads fro, April/June that haev been resureccted in the voting requests forum..

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

I don't like how SC is blocked at work. Can you get my employer to unblock it so I can visit at work?
    Natalka likes this.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Insane View Post
    I don't like how SC is blocked at work. Can you get my employer to unblock it so I can visit at work?
    I managed that with some cookies, muffins and coffee
    Insane likes this.
    ~ ~ ~

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    I managed that with some cookies, muffins and coffee
    I work for the government, that would require A LOT of cookies, muffins and coffee!
    Candini likes this.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

I don`t like how its taken almost 3 weeks to sort out the photo issue.

I also don`t like how signature pictures are only shown when you make a new post and do not show on all your previous posts. AND older signatures remain present even long after you have changed your sig.

Karabana likes this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

The way signatures work is:
    if you have one, it will attach it to your posts,
    if you do not and post, those posts automatically check do not attach a signature

so when you change your signature it will show on previous posts but if you get rid of it, no signature will be shown, even when you make a new signature because the system thinks you did not want one on those posts

Your new sig should however show on older posts where there was a signature
    Candini likes this.
    ~ ~ ~

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I enjoy SC and the willingness of everyone to post deals they come across. If I could change anything, I would like to see the sticky for Checkout51 kept up longer. My thinking is that most flyers run to Thursday and this sometimes allows you to take advantage of a sale 2X in one week. For example - this week is listed Oct 17 - ... and last week's sticky ended on October 16. I can't find last week's sticky at all? Could they overlap by one day (end on the 17th and start on the 17th)?

Also, would it be worthwhile to start a sticky for Snapsaves?

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

They are set to expire once the checkout 51 deals expire, but they are unstickied when the newest one is posted, they are always in the flyers forum
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/flyers-canada/ (since the new C51 deals start today, the old one has been expired)

We got a lot of complaints when the stickies were posted for the current and upcoming weeks as the stickies alone filled a page and people had to scroll past them for the flyers

You could certainly start a snapsaves one, I am sure others would add deals
    ~ ~ ~

[vbp_tr_most_helpful_all]
    Trading Score
    492 (100%)

As Fallenpixels mentioned, we cannot have so many threads as stickies, but once I unsticky the checkout thread it will stay in the flyer forum until it is expired. From now on I will set the thread expiry to Thursdays.

I am thinking of starting snapsaves offers list, but their offers always change everyday, i think. I wish it runs for whole week.

Edited to add: Unexpired last week's checkout thread. Once it is in expired deals forum, it becomes a moderated post, that is why it is not showing up Another bug Boo has to fix.
    Last edited by couponlady; Thu, Oct 17th, 2013 at 09:59 AM.

Purplechocolatecat-oholic Karabana's Avatar
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Candini, your signature picture problem was solved? Bc I've been unable to post a new one for awhile now.
    vesper likes this.

Swaggin is my madness: www.swagbucks.com/refer/Karabana
    ^Easy free stuff yo^!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

We try to keep the titles so they fit when they auto post to Facebook and Twitter, I usually post very early in the blog if it is Ontario only but for many stores, they have stores here but ship Canada wide
    ~ ~ ~

Page 167 of 182 FirstFirst ... 67 117 157 165 166 167 168 169 177 ... LastLast

Thread Information