User Tag List

Page 508 of 1252 FirstFirst ... 8 408 458 498 506 507 508 509 510 518 558 608 1008 ... LastLast
Results 7,606 to 7,620 of 18778
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

We've been fine, Trucks...my DH goes to GoodLifeFitness every morning, then either back here to read (no gardening to do, yet) or to the pool hall (where all the golfers congregate until tee-off time in the spring), and I try to keep busy...I got the sudden urge to 'spring clean' yesterday! So I tore apart a couple of cupboards (you know the ones...linen closet, pots and pans cupboard...the ones that somehow get messed so easily!), then did a little beading, then we picked up our little Jack from day-care, as our daughter had late client appointments, and her hubby doesn't get home until 5:30ish...so we got him dinner, then came home, ate, and vegged! LOL!!

Yes, yes...life in the fast lane when you're retired! We do have our best friends coming over this evening...they're curious about the Wii so we're going to have some friendly competitions...

You??

Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Woah thats more than I do in a week! the Wii sounds fun! Let me know if you win lol

I am living in the sleepless lane..school...lectures...work in between..working saturdays now thanks to tax season! sigh
    I had a great reading week! went off to California and enjoyed some nice weather
    I heard it supposed to be 10C here around GTA on the weekend!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good for YOU for getting away!! Our daughter is going to Vegas in April with two friends from BC.
    So you're in university? College? Yes..busy times for sure..ah to be young again and starting out in life!!!

And YES!! Maybe you brought back some of that beautiful California weather!!!

Trading Score
    41 (100%)

University yup
    Vegas sounds fun! I havent had the chance to go there yet. The Vegas neon signs capture my attention.

Maybe it will be warm enough to walk around in shorts! and golf? go down to the beach? is that asking too much? haha

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Ask away, Sweetie!! All anyone can say is no...Isn't it strange how in the spring, 10degrees makes people (some) slip into their shorts, yet at the same temp in the fall they're putting jackets on? lol!

What program are you in...? My DH taught highschool until he retired 10-ish years ago...he so enjoyed the kids and always had them wanting him to teach them chemistry...he even had kids from other schools go to him after school with their friends from his school...lol...yes..a well-respected teacher...

What are your career plans, Trucks?

Trading Score
    41 (100%)

I read something about that once....10C feels warmer in spring yet cold in fall because we get used to really warm weather in summer....

I am in the accounting program..university and then a few years of work experience after that to be elligble to write the UFE exam to get my chartered accountant designation.

Its a lonnggg program..supposed to be around 7 years.

Teaching sounds more exciting, meeting new kids..teaching them..something new everyday! I quiet enjoyed chemistry and biology back in high school...physics not soo much.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Oh, good for you!! Our DD is a Financial Advisor with TDWaterhouse here...crazy time of the year right now which is why we get to pick Jack up after day-care this week...

So good for you on your accounting career!! You certainly sound like you have both feet firmly planted on the ground, Trucks. As for chemistry....phht! I had the same teacher for both geology and chemistry...because I got 85% in geology, I'm quite sure he gave me the 51% in chemistry just to pass me! lol! English was my love in high-school (next to my DH.......thank goodness he didn't teach that, as I'm sure I'd have been RE-correcting his papers! LOL!!

So you work part-time? May I ask where, since you mentioned that this time of year is crazy for you, too?

Trading Score
    41 (100%)

I am at Deloitte; the accounting firm, Its part of the accelerated program at my university, so I get some of the work experience that I am supposed to accumulate after finishing university during. So I will have to spend a few months less after finishing the degree and can write my exam earlier.

ah English was my love too! English, Math, Bio and Chem were my subjects! along with art and history and...haha I liked pretty much everthing. I did quiet well in english though. Got a 96% in grade 12 and a award to go along :D
    Last edited by trucks12trucks; Thu, Mar 4th, 2010 at 06:38 AM. Reason: spellll

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Wow. Someone else is actually up this time of day?!!
    Good morning, Trucks!!
    You're just now trying to fall asleep??
    Good morning! Gee, I should have headed to this site first; I've been up since 3! But I went through emails, then through another site I go on.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I'm thoroughly impressed with you, Trucks!! Your parents must be very proud of you, as you should be of yourself...I hope you are! And all this hard work/late hours/sleepless nights will pay off royally for you in the end!!
    I wish more 'kids' took life more seriously than they do..it's one big party for so many of them, then they finish school, (maybe), work at McDonalds, marry 'someone, anyone' then start having kids who don't have a hope in he** for a decent education or parents who can afford it anyway!

Okey-dokey! Hoping gingerly off my soap-box now.......

Well, I'M proud of YOU!!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Good morning! Gee, I should have headed to this site first; I've been up since 3! But I went through emails, then through another site I go on.
    G'morning, Natalka! Of course this should be your first stop, silly girl...lol..I'm getting the impression that someone is always on here no matter what time of the day or night!

So...what are your big plans for the day?
    And why, pray-tell, have you been up since 3?

Trading Score
    41 (100%)

aww thanks, yes I am hoping It will all pay off in a few years!
    well I have a class at 8, gotta get running

Have a great day Lynn and Natalka!

and Good morning ladies!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by trucks12trucks View Post
    aww thanks, yes I am hoping It will all pay off in a few years!
    well I have a class at 8, gotta get running

Have a great day Lynn and Natalka!

and Good morning ladies!
    'Bye, Sweetie!! You, too!!

Trading Score
    60 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    We've been fine, Trucks...my DH goes to GoodLifeFitness every morning, then either back here to read (no gardening to do, yet) or to the pool hall (where all the golfers congregate until tee-off time in the spring), and I try to keep busy...I got the sudden urge to 'spring clean' yesterday! So I tore apart a couple of cupboards (you know the ones...linen closet, pots and pans cupboard...the ones that somehow get messed so easily!), then did a little beading, then we picked up our little Jack from day-care, as our daughter had late client appointments, and her hubby doesn't get home until 5:30ish...so we got him dinner, then came home, ate, and vegged! LOL!!

Yes, yes...life in the fast lane when you're retired! We do have our best friends coming over this evening...they're curious about the Wii so we're going to have some friendly competitions...

You??
    Oh man, Lynn! Can I cordially invite you over to my place and help me spring clean?

I am looking at the huge mess at my place and shaking my head, wondering how I am going to clean it up before Ethan comes...

Then again, from what I heard, my house will be perpetually messy with kid's stuff once he comes, so... why bother!

At the right time, a kind word from a stranger, or encouragement from a friend, can make all the difference in the world. Kindness is free, but it's priceless. ~ Doe Zantamata

"And it's always the right time!" ~ Woofy

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Woofy View Post
    Oh man, Lynn! Can I cordially invite you over to my place and help me spring clean?

I am looking at the huge mess at my place and shaking my head, wondering how I am going to clean it up before Ethan comes...

Then again, from what I heard, my house will be perpetually messy with kid's stuff once he comes, so... why bother!

Good morning, Woofers!!
    I would absolutely help you tidy up if you lived near-by!
    But I think you'll have everything very much under control by the time wee Ethan comes home with you...THEN, however, it'll be quite a different story!
    Have a wonderful day, Sweetheart!...Lynn