User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    242 (100%)

Expired
    What a gong show there yesterday. Yikes. I should have taken it as a sign when my cart lost a wheel

I almost NEVER shop at this location. St Albert has a really nice Superstore and I typically drive out there to shop, but I was in the area so decided to give it a go. It was a circus in there at best.

First off, there were signs all over the store saying price adjustments will not be made at Customer Service and that they are not participating in SCOP. No wonder, there were almost no price tags in the store. Every isle had MAYBE 2 items with prices but the rest was a guessing game. It's really hard to shop with no prices listed lol. On top of that, the store was a complete wreck safety wise. They had make-shift isles made from pallets, and the pallets were stacked 2-3 high and swaying. There was a man with a big gouge in his head with an ice pack and a bloody cloth near the back of the store screaming that something fell on his head By the time we left the parking lot was flooded with police, fire rescue and ambulance. There were pallets of frozen foods laying out in the open (don't buy burritos), there was a pallet of eggs in the dog food isle! There were 2 shopping carts of spoiled, broken and garbage bound foods parked near meats with a sign that said "Do not purchase". Yeesh, what if someone didn't see the sign! It was complete chaos. People were yelling and shoving to get through the store. It was INSANE. I've never seen anything like it in my life. Instead of doing my grocery shopping there (it was impossible without price tags, never mind everything else) I moved on to Safeway.

Until at least the renovations are complete I would steer clear of RCSS Claireview. Other than the cart wheel lol, and the prices, and the non-perishables out in the open, it just wasn't safe. They were stacking these pallets of stock WAY past their max for being around customers.
    This thread is currently associated with: Real Canadian Superstore RCSS, Safeway
    Coupons = Little pieces of paper you get FREE from the stores, from reps and from companies (ie: Not gold)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    85 (100%)

Omg!! I am so glad I've never been to that RCSS...That's just insane...Hopefully they get better after the reno...I had to avoid Calgary Trail RCSS for a while because the reno took away half of the parking lot and the entrance/exit all mixed up...I'd rather drive another 10 min to South Common.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I had a birthday party in that neighborhood at 5pm so I took my coupons and thought I would shop but I experienced exactly what you decribed and left. I wonder what it was all about

Trading Score
    22 (100%)

Yeah I went on Saturday and it was crazy but the weekend before I went as well and there was nothing on the shelves and no frozen food aisle so at least it was stocked this time. It's starting to look nice though!!

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

i was there on Sunday. It wasn't so bad 'cause I expected it to be worse since I shop there quite often. I did notice all the signs for SCOP. Yes I agree they do have empty shelves and torn off price tag which is annoying. I had to carry a box of frozen hamburger patties with me to the check out and asked the cashier to check the price on it. Oh and I had to find an employee to open the glass cases so I can get the razors. The girl I found said there should be someone in that area. I was like umm no, I walked back and forward in that area for awhile and didn't see anyone. So she said she'll page someone for me. Hopefully, after the renovation the shelves will be stocked and the service will be better.

Trading Score
    68 (97%)

gee...I'm glad I don't live in Edmonton anymore- I used to shop at Claireview RCSS all the time.
    I'd call customer care and inquire about the SCOP thing. Isn't it a chain wide policy?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    242 (100%)

I emailed my experience to them. It's a shame that they were being so unsafe (my biggest complaint) but really how are you supposed to shop without prices lol.
    I got an email from RCSS today saying they are going to inform the store manager and he called my house lol!! He was SO RUDE! I was really polite and complimented where I could but relayed my concerns (what was I supposed to say? He read my email and knows my thoughts...). He pretty much said too bad so sad, and at the end he said "have fun shopping elsewhere". Wow... he told me that the ambulance was there for a different accident and the police and fire rescue were there about other complaints (a blocked exit and things not up to code). Sheesh.

Honestly, I didn't expect a phone call. I was hoping for a date that things would be back to normal but I don't care now. The manager was ruder than rude. About the pallets being overstacked he said "customer beware". Nice reassurance
    Coupons = Little pieces of paper you get FREE from the stores, from reps and from companies (ie: Not gold)

Trading Score
    68 (97%)

Quote Originally Posted by danam314 View Post
    I emailed my experience to them. It's a shame that they were being so unsafe (my biggest complaint) but really how are you supposed to shop without prices lol.
    I got an email from RCSS today saying they are going to inform the store manager and he called my house lol!! He was SO RUDE! I was really polite and complimented where I could but relayed my concerns (what was I supposed to say? He read my email and knows my thoughts...). He pretty much said too bad so sad, and at the end he said "have fun shopping elsewhere". Wow... he told me that the ambulance was there for a different accident and the police and fire rescue were there about other complaints (a blocked exit and things not up to code). Sheesh.

Honestly, I didn't expect a phone call. I was hoping for a date that things would be back to normal but I don't care now. The manager was ruder than rude. About the pallets being overstacked he said "customer beware". Nice reassurance
    I would be calling head office ASAP and informing them of the conversation. If the store manager is seriously at the point that he can talk about major issues in his store in such a non chalent (sp?) kind of way to a customer then there are MAJOR issues there.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I agree communicate with head office about your contact with the manager.

I had a co-worker that went there and confirmed the place is a disaster.

There is a brand new Superstore off Whitemud and 17th Street. It is a bit smaller but easier to shop in and is better organized, clean, and the clerks are friendly too.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

They had the "No SCOP" sign up at my RCSS in Spruce Grove the other day too...and no price tags...frustrating to say the least!!

But I agree....call the complaint line again....some people are just not meant to be managers.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

What is this with the "no scop" does that mean Superstore is opting out..so they can make as many mistakes as they like..

Just think of all the customers that don't bother to check their bill..one time I "scop" ed...tylenot..it was in their flyer, on sale and marked properly on the shelf and it still rang up wrong..Not only that the flyer came out three days before that..So that means all the customers that never bothered to check their bills were ripped off for three days..

I think they more than make up for what they give away free from scop..not all customers check the bills and some are too shy to ask for scop..

Superstore is getting less attractive to shop..first they stopped the 50% off on on meats(now only 30% off), and now scop...Sure they price match but at one store they told me I could only have one(usually it is two)...

And not only that you get to pack your own groceries as well..

It's not as good a deal as it used to be..

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    242 (100%)

I think they aren't participating in SCOP until they have their store in order and have their renovations are complete. They aren't even putting up most tags until the shelves are up and completed and the product is out. Whether that is allowed under SCOP to just opt out for a few weeks is beyond my knowledge, but personally I think it's pretty shady. They have no prices, they will not adjust at CS desk and they will not SCOP. I still think they should have closed for a week, straightened their sh*t out and reopened with a big bang.

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

I should have read this post before I went shopping the other day!

We had just arrived in Edmonton and I needed to grab a few things, so I wanted to go to the closest store possible (just happened to be that store). I was stunned when I got there! The parking lot was pretty bad, with huge "lakes" (not puddles) in it. Then when I got in the store, I couldn't find a cart anywhere (not sure if its normal or not ? In ontario they are usually right at the front door). The produce (what they actually had) was horrible looking and the store was a huge disaster area! I couldn't find price tags anywhere (and since I'm from ontario I had no idea how much things were)! I ended up just getting milk and bread and then got the heck out of there. The cashier was also crazy rude, so I'm pretty sure I will never go back to the store again!!!

Thanks for the post, at least I now know that this kind of complete disarray isn't an Alberta wide thing! I was advoiding all RCSS's because of the horror of my first experience. LOL

Coupon Ninja in Training astrid's Avatar
    Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Welcome to Edmonton - and sorry that happened to you your first time out! I don't usually shop at the Clareview RCSS, but I think in general RCSS doesn't have the best customer service. I've run into some rude cashiers before, but I've also had some really nice ones. There's even a customer service rep at the 51 Ave one who I really like. When I go to Superstore I usually only buy a basket-full and then use the self-checkouts!

And I think at most of the RCSS's in edmonton the carts aren't near the front of the store, they're in the buggy corrals in the parking lot, which I agree is annoying.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    242 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bargain_hunter_lola View Post
    I should have read this post before I went shopping the other day!
    Oh no!!

There is another Superstore on 137 avenue and about 123 street. It was recently renovated and is now complete. It's MUCH better than the Claireview location. MUCH MUCH MUCH! If you can get there I would suggest that one instead. I've never found the produce at Claireview anything to rave over. Usually if I have to shop at that one I will go afterward to the Safeway on the other side of the overpass for my produce.

Oh, yes, and carts are in the parking lot, never near the doors.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information