User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I began full-blown couponing on March 1st, and have saved about $60.00 so far! I know that's not a huge amount, but it's something at least! I have hardly done any shopping yet this month, so saving $60.00 thus far makes it seem more and more real that I can do this, and I have been throwing money away for the past who knows how long on things I could have saved huge amounts of money on if only I would have used a coupon, or waited for a sale! I went coupon shopping the other day when I just had to pick one thing up at the store, and I couldn't believe how many I found(at Sobeys). I found at least 20(some were in booklets with multipul coupons for different products). Coupons are something I never really noticed before I started actually looking for them. I actually got upset with myself when I went to buy deodorant that was on sale the other day for $1.64 and I forgot to use my $2.00 coupon when I bought two!

I just wanted to thank all of you SC'ers! Reading all the brags, deals, ect., and all of your advice has been so helpful! I love this place!
    This thread is currently associated with: Indigo Chapters Coles Bookstore, Sobeys
    Check out the coupons I have up for trade!
    Savings since March 1st: $60.00

Trading Score
    94 (100%)

It is a awesome place.. And I think we have all kicked ourselves for not doing this sooner..

Trading Score
    569 (100%)

Coupons are the best!!
    Want free Christmas shopping???
    get giftcards to Amazon!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That's for sure! And my husband is loving it! He's nuts now about only buying what is on sale or what we have coupons for, and then he stands there and watches the cashier's every move to make sure she scans them and they actually go through. We have had it happen more than once where it doesn't, or they just don't bother and we miss out. And we've already had to deal with the cashiers who don't want to accept coupons. I can feel that were are going to be hated in our local stores soon!
    Check out the coupons I have up for trade!
    Savings since March 1st: $60.00

Trading Score
    297 (100%)

Welcome to SC! Your on your way to great savings!

Don`t let the cashiers get you down...just keep trying! Some try to make up their own rules...Read as many posts as you can & you`ll learn the ropes soon enough!

Trading Score
    66 (100%)

I - just like you - started in March but was 1 year ago - close to $2000 saved since then. Awesome, isn't it? The hardest part to grasp for most people excluding SCers is you don't have to pay top dollar - just match a sale with a coupon and you pay shockingly low amounts - sometimes free (I have gotten 12 cans of free shaving cream full size this month alone). Try and get at least 1 member of your family hooked on coupons too and you will find you can get multiple coupons that way too.

Not only will you save tons of money on coupons but likely you will halve your grocery bill - as you tend to stock up and ONLY buy on sale never having to pay full price.

Trading coupons on the SC forum will really let your savings grow - Welcome to SC!
    Last edited by Cheapnik; Wed, Mar 10th, 2010 at 01:26 AM.
    2010: won $4050 in contests! 2011: won $2160 in contests! 2012: won $86 in contests! 2013: won $137 in contests!
    Earned $320 so far in amazon gift cards on Swagbucks.com !
    Check out Cheapniks blog: Living Rich On The Cheap

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

I'm 38 and I just started using coupons myself close to 2 months now. So for the last 20 years I've been throwing money away and paying for all these other ladies free products and samples Sorry ladies it's pay me back time..lol

Trading Score
    201 (100%)

Welcome to SC!!!!! its a great feeling isnt?? DH said to me yesterday.. that he didnt know about SCOP or coupons till I came along lol. and asked if I was like this with my ex..... I said Nope.. didnt know coupons existed then!( I lived in the USA for a year..) Luckily for me I was bored one day and googled" free samples" and found this amazing site!!!!
    Get paid for your opinion! http://legerweb.com/J4Z12
    Join Swagbucks and earn free money and giftcards!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/melissabrien

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I hear you I love couponing. I only wish i would have started earlier too. I was amased when I went shopping with my dh and he was looking for the coupons too.
    April savings: $74.00
    March savings: $55.84
    Feb savings: $38.77
    Total for 2010: $168.61

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

I have always loved using coupons. I just wish I knew about this site while I was pregnant(as oppossed to a few months after my son was born). I could have saved lots on certain baby products or traded the coupons I wasn't using(which was a huge in demand stack as I can tell from here)as well as personal or groceries. I love this site! It has many nice and helpful people and gives me access to coupons I would never have access to!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I know it's amazing how much you can save. I make sure I tell my husband every grocery day how much we saved. It just takes a little time to prepare but so rewarding. I don't know what I would do without SC's.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

$60.00 is $60.00

Trading Score
    120 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gasjoc View Post
    It is a awesome place.. And I think we have all kicked ourselves for not doing this sooner..
    Oh yes we have

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

good for you thats right 60 bucks is something , so dont give up

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

That is great. 60.-- is alot of money. Think of how much you will save in the future. My husband laughs at my coupons, My step son on the other had comments how much we get at Zehrs, coupons and clearance, for about `1/4 of what his Mom spends. Actually makes me feel good. Now even better since my husband was laid off. Because of SC we have a great stockpile in the cold celler.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information