User Tag List

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Expired
    I don't live very close to walmart, and since I was in the area tonight, I popped in, to check out the baby bedding (I might be wrong, but I THINK it was precious planet) it was on sale for $59.99 or $49.99 ( I can't remember exactly... preggo brains at its finest!)
    There were none left, so I asked for a rain check... she ASKED if it was a roll back price... I told her I had no idea because I didn't have a flier... and she was going to leave it at that. I had to ASK her to look at the flier.

The price was in a red box, and she said it meant it was a "roll back" price, so I asked if it was going to be that price for a while... and she said "Nope, only till the end of the sale"

Well, she ADMITED it was a SALE... but I don't know the rules on this... could someone please tell me if this is how it works... and if it is why they're calling it a "roll back" instead of a sale???
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Okay, I tried, somewhat, to research this, but I couldn't. Anyways, I was always under the impression that it's not part of a weekly sale, but just, a few weeks to months sale. Reading this article, I found that, instead of having warehouses they have small distribution centres, so it may also be apart of just having too much stock that they want to move faster?

"He needed to buy merchandise in a quantity large enough to be able to negotiate a discount from the manufacturer. But he also needed to minimize the costs of warehousing merchandise or stocking items that never sell. His solution was simple: minimize the opportunity for merchandise to sit around by eliminating warehouse space. He did not build "warehouses" but regional "distribution centers" with very little capacity to hold products over long periods of time. His employees have no choice but to unload a shipment from a wholesaler and immediately reload it for shipment to individual stores. Nor did he provide those stores with much room to hold products out of sight. Employees would have to unpack boxes and find room for the merchandise on the shelves as soon as possible. " (pg. 2)

http://www.thenation.com/doc/20091005/decker

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Walmart doesnt have sales that have rollbacks. Basically, a sale but called something else because its Walmarts special words lmao.

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

I can't explain their difference between rollback and sale because I'm not sure but in regards to the Precious Planet set I think it was a "special item" that they were only going to carry for the sale. I could be wrong but at our store it was just while quantities lasted because the set is actually not something they normally carry. Most stores carry the 3 pce bedding set but this was the set plus as a bonus the plush blanket and 3 receiving blankets. But in my opinion ( I wish I had the flyer to look at) it was a "sale" not a rollback so I don't know why she would say that??? I'm probably just babbling here, lol, but I'm thinking they most likely wouldn't have given you a raincheck (did they?) but I'm pregnant too and a lot of times I have no idea what I'm trying to explain, lol....
    Last edited by Lilyana'sMommy; Thu, Mar 11th, 2010 at 11:48 PM.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

She didn't because she said it was a "roll back"
    But, she did tell me that they stock at night, and they'd probably restock overnight and to come back today to buy it....
    idk. It just seems so weird...
    I wish I could find my flier...

Thread Information