User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Trading Score
    26 (100%)

lol

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by TaraF View Post
    LOL Wow, okay so I don't want to get too Political but I've always said that the United States is run by Republicans. Infact the media is run by Republicans. It was really bad when Bush was in office and would tell the news outlets what they could or could not report.

Anyways, there is a news article on cnn.com about the Healthcare reform bill just about to be passed. So I put my 2 cents in with a few posts and not a problem. However on the 3rd post I mentioned that I was a Canadian so really if the bill doesn't pass that it won't affect me in the slightest. I did make mention of the fact that my Husband is an American and that the only time as an American that he had access to Health Care was when he was in the Marine Corps and that he said that was mediocore at best.

I KID YOU NOT. I went back to cnn and this is the message that was on the screen:

"The site has blocked you from posting new comments."

LOL I was blocked from commenting, and whether it's a coincidence or not, it was only after I said I was a Canadian. Further proof that news medias are run by Republicans? Perhaps. Funny none the less however
    But on Sarah Palin's Facebook page.
    I made mention that they needn't worry about Government run healthcare
    as it worked within Canada. Within minutes it was gone!
    So much for freedom of speech!

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    But on Sarah Palin's Facebook page.
    I made mention that they needn't worry about Government run healthcare
    as it worked within Canada. Within minutes it was gone!
    So much for freedom of speech!

Are you serious? lol Wow. It doesn't surprise me, but yet at the same time it does, ya know? If I were you I would have kept posting and watched to see how many they erased LOL The problem is the Republicans don't want their lemmings to think for themselves and maybe discover that Universal Healthcare really isn't so bad.

My Husband is American and I enjoy having Political discussions with him about the difference between Canada and the US. And Lord knows we are NOT perfect here in Canada and neither is our Healthcare, but I always say, "at least we have access to healthcare to be able to judge it".

Between my Mother and I and our Hospital Visits, he's said that he's impressed with our Healthcare. My Dr took him on as a patient and yesterday was actually his first appointment. So my Dr is sending him for an Ultrasound on his Tyroid as he's been having a problem with it, some chest Xrays, blood work, Urinalysis, etc. He hands my Husband some papers and my Husband says, "Oh yeah the bill, how much is it?" lol I was like "honey, you're not in the US anymore."
    Last edited by TaraF; Tue, Mar 16th, 2010 at 11:10 PM.

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

can you link us to the message board? I'd like to read what everyone else said too.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    can you link us to the message board? I'd like to read what everyone else said too.

Sure thing! Iv'e been trying to post on the boards and some will show up, but than get deleted LOL I even changed my avatar to a Canadian F-L-A-G and that kept getting deleted The link is below. Perhaps you should join in on the fun

http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/03/...ex.html?hpt=T1

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

Are you MadCanadian?

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Are you MadCanadian?

I may be a little mad and I am canadian, but no that isn't me. I'm not too creative with screen names, they pretty much stay the same lol I'm TaraF2007 on there. I was reading that post and wondered if it may be you haha

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

Nope, I don't touch american political discussions, they are waaaay too angry, even for me

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Nope, I don't touch american political discussions, they are waaaay too angry, even for me

lol I don't blame you on that one. I probably would have walked away a while ago but they censored me. I hate being censored!

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

It is amusing reading it all though, people insult each other so much, sit back and get your popcorn kinda moments.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

It is amusing reading it all though, people insult each other so much, sit back and get your popcorn kinda moments.

Yep. They don't need anyone from outside the US to rip them a new one, they are capable of doing it to eachother.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I commented on there for you...I'm sure it won't last long. I'm way to tired to stay up and help annoy cnn tho! have fun! lol

EDIT: While its stayed for 22mins....lol

<CITE>"CNCensorship</CITE> I love how CNN keeps deleting Canadian's comments on here! Scared we may influence your citizens when we have such a better medical system?"

That was my fun form of entertainment for the night. Beat doing the dishes.
    Last edited by sarajk; Wed, Mar 17th, 2010 at 12:34 AM.

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Wow, even more reason to be a Proud Canadian!

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sarajk View Post
    I commented on there for you...I'm sure it won't last long. I'm way to tired to stay up and help annoy cnn tho! have fun! lol

EDIT: While its stayed for 22mins....lol

<cite>"CNCensorship</cite> I love how CNN keeps deleting Canadian's comments on here! Scared we may influence your citizens when we have such a better medical system?"

That was my fun form of entertainment for the night. Beat doing the dishes.
    Why censor people? I don't understand it, they do represent the news afterall.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I was thinking about this certain point of what you said in the first part of post...

"I was a Canadian so really if the bill doesn't pass that it won't affect me in the slightest..."

Many Americans that I know and are friends with don't want that bill to pass they believe their premiums will go through the roof but they also don't like it when I Canadian give my two cents on their politics. They don't want their government to become Canadianized even if they border our country nor do they want to become English its a strong sense among some of them not all of them of course. It almost some how goes back when France came to help them out back when they were creating their world as the Americas they beat back the English to become independent. Hence why they have Independence Day the day they beat back the English and entiled themselves United. Even if as many know they are not very united on all topics like politics...but who is in this world?

I believe as being Canadian we will be affected by the country to the south of us. If they wouldn't have to worry about basic health care because we don't have to worry about it ourselves then their world may be a better place. Until you don't have something that you once had you miss it greatly but if you never had it you may fight against it to stop it because its like a fear driving in the steel nail into the ground of change.

I also believe everything that happens in the world will effect other places in either big ways or small ways. Which you found out from being blocked from responding to the information on CNN.

You may or may not agree with this...as this is just my thoughts and feelings on this issue nor do I look for anything like that.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information