User Tag List

Page 2434 of 3096 FirstFirst ... 1434 1934 2334 2384 2424 2432 2433 2434 2435 2436 2444 2484 2534 2934 ... LastLast
Results 36,496 to 36,510 of 46438
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Club Q Q107-Loyalty Club (Southern ON Only) v2

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This is a true happening here in our little Province. It's based on the fairly recent ruling that we can't talk about God in our schools at the risk of offending some of our newer Canadian Citizens.

I think this is a great story and I am truly proud it originated in Nova Scotia .
    I tell you we Maritimers are something else... Oh come now! you know I
    am right....

THE SNEEZE

They walked in tandem, each of the ninety-two students filing into the already crowded auditorium. With their rich maroon gowns flowing and the traditional caps, they looked almost as grown up as they felt.

Dads swallowed hard behind broad smiles, and Moms freely brushed away tears.

This class would NOT pray during the commencements, not by choice, but because of a recent court ruling prohibiting it.

The principal and several students were careful to stay within the guidelines allowed by the ruling. They gave inspirational and challenging speeches, but no one mentioned divine guidance and no one asked for blessings on the graduates or their families.

The speeches were nice, but they were routine until the final speech received a standing ovation.

A solitary student walked proudly to the microphone. He stood still and silent for just a moment, and then, it happened.

All 92 students, every single one of them, suddenly SNEEZED !!!!

The student on stage simply looked at the audience and said,

'GOD BLESS YOU'

And he walked off the stage...

The audience exploded into applause. This graduating class had found a unique way to invoke God's blessing on their future with or without the court's approval.

Isn't this a wonderful story? Pass it on to all your friends.........and

GOD BLESS YOU!!!!

This is a true story; it happened at Eastern Shore District High School in Musquodoboit Harbour , Nova Scotia.

I hope this goes around Canada ...and the USA ....and the rest of the world!!!

NASCAR SEASON is complete for 2021.
    Kyle Larson wins his 1st Nascar Championship.

nascar:a way of life
    everything else is just a game

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by tartanrocker View Post
    ....and it's a perfect time for turkey soup....wonder if it is supposed to have the same magical qualities as chicken soup?....TR
    Yup!
    Just because something isn't right for YOU doesn't mean it's wrong.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

nowadays the kids call them gingers

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SillyLoocie View Post
    Don't worry if you don't win, I will donate this drill set to you. It looks like it has lots of useful bits too.

Attachment 36894
    Hey that's cool, thanks! Energy efficient, too!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by the H team View Post
    This is a true happening here in our little Province. It's based on the fairly recent ruling that we can't talk about God in our schools at the risk of offending some of our newer Canadian Citizens.
    In fact, it was in Illinois. Interesting how these things change as they spin around the internet for a few years. People change them to suit their own purposes, which often have nothing to do with the original story. In this case there would appear to be a connection between new Canadians (there was no mention of immigration or new Canadians in the story, just the preamble) and the First Amendment of the US Constitution (hardly a 'recent' ruling).

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm finding it a little annoying that my minivan is telling me what it wants. Last month it displayed "oil change" (when it wasn't due until november) on the dash and now today it said "tire low". The tires didn't look low to me but I added a couple of psi to each and it made it happy. My last vehicle was a '95 so it wasn't so demanding. I got its oil changed according to the calendar and added air as I felt necessary and it survived.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by karmac View Post
    I'm finding it a little annoying that my minivan is telling me what it wants. Last month it displayed "oil change" (when it wasn't due until november) on the dash and now today it said "tire low". The tires didn't look low to me but I added a couple of psi to each and it made it happy. My last vehicle was a '95 so it wasn't so demanding. I got its oil changed according to the calendar and added air as I felt necessary and it survived.
    the new vehicles have all kinds of sensors that feed the info to the computer to tell you when things are wrong. the tire pressure sensors will tell you when you are low in the optimum pressure for the best fuel economy & tire life, while the sensor in the oil, senses when the additives that are in the oil have lost their properties & that it's time for a change. i know the usual rule is 5,000km or 3 months, but with these new vehicles, they tell you when they want to be done.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think this is a great story and I am truly proud it originated in Nova Scotia .
    I tell you we Maritimers are something else... Oh come now! you know I
    am right....

THE SNEEZE

They walked in tandem, each of the ninety-two students filing into the already crowded auditorium. With their rich maroon gowns flowing and the traditional caps, they looked almost as grown up as they felt.

Dads swallowed hard behind broad smiles, and Moms freely brushed away tears.

This class would NOT pray during the commencements, not by choice, but because of a recent court ruling prohibiting it.

The principal and several students were careful to stay within the guidelines allowed by the ruling. They gave inspirational and challenging speeches, but no one mentioned divine guidance and no one asked for blessings on the graduates or their families.

The speeches were nice, but they were routine until the final speech received a standing ovation.

A solitary student walked proudly to the microphone. He stood still and silent for just a moment, and then, it happened.

All 92 students, every single one of them, suddenly SNEEZED !!!!

The student on stage simply looked at the audience and said,

'GOD BLESS YOU'

And he walked off the stage...

The audience exploded into applause. This graduating class had found a unique way to invoke God's blessing on their future with or without the court's approval.

Isn't this a wonderful story? Pass it on to all your friends.........and

GOD BLESS YOU!!!!

This is a true story; it happened at Eastern Shore District High School in Musquodoboit Harbour , Nova Scotia.

I hope this goes around Canada ...and the USA ....and the rest of the world!!!

By the way, I'm from Middle Musquodoboit.
    Have A Nice Day...Stewy

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by psells View Post
    In fact, it was in Illinois. Interesting how these things change as they spin around the internet for a few years. People change them to suit their own purposes, which often have nothing to do with the original story. In this case there would appear to be a connection between new Canadians (there was no mention of immigration or new Canadians in the story, just the preamble) and the First Amendment of the US Constitution (hardly a 'recent' ruling).
    Maybe the people in Illinois change it from Nova Scotia?
    Have A Nice Day...Stewy

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

they tell you when they want to be done.
    Much like some people I know. Sorry I couldn't resist.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

4:20ww-peeves

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

4:15 ww...

peeves

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

4:15pm winning word: peeves

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

crawling in in last place....peeves