User Tag List

Page 243 of 1602 FirstFirst ... 143 193 233 241 242 243 244 245 253 293 343 743 1243 ... LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,645 of 24026
Like Tree10763Likes

Thread: Points And Prizes - Sheknows Words v2

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    72 (100%)

So OK I'm going to bite the bullet and ask - Do most of you use your printer and print off the lists of words? How do you do it to enter these words? I don't have a printer (bummer) so I've been writing down ALL the words and then going on P&P and entering them. Is there an easier way? Please be gentle with me, I've only had a computer/internet for a year now and I'm a senior (well almost), so all this hi-tech stuff is way over my head. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kimmie bt View Post
    So OK I'm going to bite the bullet and ask - Do most of you use your printer and print off the lists of words? How do you do it to enter these words? I don't have a printer (bummer) so I've been writing down ALL the words and then going on P&P and entering them. Is there an easier way? Please be gentle with me, I've only had a computer/internet for a year now and I'm a senior (well almost), so all this hi-tech stuff is way over my head. Thanks for any help you can give me.
    kimmie_bt, do you have Excel on your computer? I copy and paste all the words (BTW, thank you to those who post them, I'm never quick enough) along with the expiry dates. That way I can copy and paste them into the P&P site and not worry about spelling, etc. You can also do this with a Word document or even save it as a draft in your email. I use Excel because the cells allow for easy navigation.

Hope this helps!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hi kimmie
    I think what manzervite said is the best way really. I personally just open the basic word program that comes with your computer and copy and paste the words into that file. Then I just save it and open it up each day to see what words I have left to put in. It helps especially with the big list of words for the July word hunt, because obviously there's no way to get them all done the first time or two. So I just copy and paste from that saved list into the points and prizes claim box, and then either delete the word from my saved list or highlight it a colour so i know it's done. Good luck

Do you want to earn GIFTCARDS with very little work? Try out Swagbucks! PM me for help
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/star84

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Kimmie all you do is open up note pad put all the words there and the words that you use just delete them don't forget to save often in case your computer crashes

thats all I do

and I know manzervite mentioned excel...If you prefer to go that way just go to openoffice.org and download it for free...Microsoft you have to pay for
    Last edited by Michelle1; Tue, Jul 6th, 2010 at 08:28 PM.
    Search & win with Swagbucks

Search & win with Zoombucks

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Thanks all

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    72 (100%)

Thanks manzervite, I do have Excel, just have to figure out how to use it, especially how to change the size of the cells. But I can copy and paste from screen to screen, so I'm hoping that this will get easier. I'm sure that now with all the help you've given me I'll be able to figure that out at least. And thanks Michelle1 but I don't know what you mean by note pad, although that sounds easy too.
    So thank you so much manzerite, star84 and michelle1 for responding to my plea for help. I would have never figured it out on my own. You're all so kind.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Thanks manzervite, I do have Excel, just have to figure out how to use it, especially how to change the size of the cells. But I can copy and paste from screen to screen, so I'm hoping that this will get easier. I'm sure that now with all the help you've given me I'll be able to figure that out at least. And thanks Michelle1 but I don't know what you mean by note pad, although that sounds easy too.
    So thank you so much manzerite, star84 and michelle1 for responding to my plea for help. I would have never figured it out on my own. You're all so kind.
    not pad comes with the computer all you have to do is go windows key plus R and type in notepad...and it'll pop up...Which OS are you running on your computer???

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    72 (100%)

Hi Michelle1, by OS do you mean explorer? I did find the notepad following your instructions. Do I just copy and paste into this?
    manzervite, I figured out how to enlarge the cells and how to copy and paste onto the P&P site. Boy, that last 10 words went in fast.
    And star84, I even figured out how to highlight the words after I had used them.
    You guys should give yourselves a great big pat on the back, you've been so helpful.
    And as a good chuckle for you, just think of the pages and pages and pages of words I've written down in the last nine or ten months of doing this.
    AGAIN THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH!
    And sorry to everyone for tying up so much space on this site with my inexperience.
    Last edited by kimmie bt; Tue, Jul 6th, 2010 at 09:33 PM. Reason: apology

Trading Score
    35 (97%)

Thanks everyone!

“I am too young to realize that certain things are impossible. So I will do them anyways. ”

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle1 View Post
    MST is Mountain Standard time
    ROFL ... I know Michelle it means mountain time, my question was if its 11:59 MST time what time does that convert to in Central Standard time?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Thanks yiFan!

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I copy and paste into a word doc that I have titled "Points and Prizes" that way if the computer crashes or the power goes out I can find it easy. And I copy and paste all the words when I put them in.
    Collecting Campbell's soup labels for our school RAKs greatly appreciated.
    Using WagJag for great deals!

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Hi Michelle1, by OS do you mean explorer? I did find the notepad following your instructions. Do I just copy and paste into this?
    manzervite, I figured out how to enlarge the cells and how to copy and paste onto the P&P site. Boy, that last 10 words went in fast.
    And star84, I even figured out how to highlight the words after I had used them.
    You guys should give yourselves a great big pat on the back, you've been so helpful.
    And as a good chuckle for you, just think of the pages and pages and pages of words I've written down in the last nine or ten months of doing this.
    AGAIN THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH!
    And sorry to everyone for tying up so much space on this site with my inexperience.
    OS means operating system...Like Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows 7, and of coarse Lynix...Thats what I'm running...To access notepad all you have to do is go Start>Programs>accessories and it'll be in there

I'm glad you figured it all out...

I give myself a pat on the back everyday my dad taught me everything he knows so I don't mind helping where i can

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

kimmie: I'm glad you're figuring out a better system that's going to help you out so much! I give you major credit for having written down all the words in order to keep track, that's hard work!

Do you want to earn GIFTCARDS with very little work? Try out Swagbucks! PM me for help
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/star84

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

This week's code word is SLUMP for 450 points! Redeem your points now. Good thru 07/14/10.

Thread Information