User Tag List

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

So my daughter is having her 9th birthday in a couple of weeks. We are going bowling. But now I'm stumped with the goodie bags. I want to stay away from the typical candy and dollar store junk that always just ends up unused anyways but I'm also on a tight budget. Does anyone have any ideas? It's a mix of boys and girls.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

I put pez in my son's loot bags last year. They are like $2 at Walmart. I also bought bags of marbles from the dollar store and divided it up amongst the bags. Marbles seem to be making a come back again. I've also put in homemade rice krispies squares (with mini m&m on the top).Hmmm....what else I have done.....oh chalk. You can get some cool ones for like a $1 a Walmart and just divide it up. Not sure the boys would be cool with chalk though.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I'm having my son's birthday party this weekend. He's only four, so obviously not the same things would go in the loot bags. But for the bags themselves, instead of plastic ones you toss, I found pencil cases with various characters on them for .90 each at Zellers, marked down from about $3 each. I filled those up with a juice box, some bubbles, a Kinder egg, a couple other little things.

Z

Trading Score
    94 (100%)

In my 9 year olds loot bags I put in pencils, notepads, gel pens, bookmarker,earsers, I figured they are all into the notes to each other thing so I went with it..LOL They loved it.. I also put in stickers.. It was mixed also with boys and girls..

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gasjoc View Post
    In my 9 year olds loot bags I put in pencils, notepads, gel pens, bookmarker,earsers, I figured they are all into the notes to each other thing so I went with it..LOL They loved it.. I also put in stickers.. It was mixed also with boys and girls..
    I think this is the best idea, all things they can use at school so nothing would get tossed in the garbage.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

For my daughters birthday (turned 8 on wednesday) I put in pencils, notepads, some easter candy (lots of great specials on cadbury eggs - 3/$1.00), bubbles (got them at the dollar store 2/$1.00) and gum tape. It was a mix of boys & girls too.
    The average dog
    is nicer
    than the average person.

SDM Optimum Queen Wannabe julie.leeds's Avatar
    Trading Score
    23 (100%)

by the time you buy the bags and fill them, it sounds like you are going to be spending about $5. You could always get Walmart gift cards for $5 or some other gift certificate

Follow the elephant...
    http://thestthomasblog.com

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

i got some magnetic photo frames and key chains and bookmarks with my chapmans points. i also got 2 5$ off coupons with my points to get icecream treats for the party. we also bought some easter candies and noise makers. for the girls we got a disnet princess kit for 10$ and divided everything up. for the boys we got buzz lightyear stuff. its my sons first birthday but some of the stuff should also be good for older kids...
    Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids!

PamperedChefgirl
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sunday View Post
    So my daughter is having her 9th birthday in a couple of weeks. We are going bowling. But now I'm stumped with the goodie bags. I want to stay away from the typical candy and dollar store junk that always just ends up unused anyways but I'm also on a tight budget. Does anyone have any ideas? It's a mix of boys and girls.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
    Scholastic chapter books would be great! They're often on sale for $2 -$4.
    For girls I would pick The Magic Tree House, Nancy Drew or Fancy Nancy series. For boys those books about underwear always seem to be funny!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    77 (100%)

I know this is an old thread, but I was going to ask for help with loot bag ideas for my 8 year olds birthday party this weekend and I clicked on one of the similar threads that came up when I typed in the title and it was exactly what I needed!! So thanks for keeping old threads for refrencing

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My son had a video gaming party in November for his 9th birthday. We had a video gaming truck park outside of our house...super cool! I found an amazing local bake shop and had them make Super Mario giant cookies that were individually wrapped and we made up little thank you notes to go along with them! The kids really enjoyed that! If you are in the Kitchener/Waterloo/Cambridge area, PM and I can send you a link to the bakery! She can do most anything!
    Good luck!!!

Thread Information