• 1 Post By kashkoush
  • 2 Post By Zonny
  • 2 Post By CheriBomb
  • 3 Post By pudi
  • 1 Post By bluerose

Thread: Greek yogurt Recipes

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

With all the free greek yogurt coupons out there ,I was wondering how people use it? Here are two recipes ,the orange cake I have made twice and love it,have not tried the potato recipe yet.

Orange Greek Yogurt Cake
    Ingredients
    ¦1 1/2 C. all-purpose flour
    ¦2 tsp. baking powder
    ¦1/2 tsp. salt
    ¦1 C. Plain Voskos
    ¦3/4 C. sugar
    ¦3 extra-large eggs, room temperature
    ¦2 small oranges, juiced and zested
    ¦1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
    ¦1/2 C. canola oil

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8 1/2 by 4 1/4 inch loaf pan. Line the bottom with parchment paper. Grease and flour the pan.
    Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt into one bowl.
    In another bowl, whisk together the yogurt, sugar, eggs, zest, and vanilla.
    Slowly whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Whisk the oil into the batter, until it’s all incorporated.
    Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 50-60 minutes, or until a cake tester placed in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
    When the cake is done, allow it to cool in the pan for 10 minutes. While the cake is still warm, pour the orange juice over the cake and allow it to soak in. Let cool before removing from pan and slicing.

No Mayo Potato Salad

You will need:
    3 cups of baby yellow potatoes, washed and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
    about 6 baby dill pickles, sliced
    3 hard boiled eggs, chopped
    3 stalks of green onion, finely diced
    For the dressing:
    3/4 cup of plain greek yogurt
    the juice of half a lemon
    1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
    1 tsp freshly ground sea salt
    1/4 to 1/2 tsp red pepper (or paprika)
    3 tbs honey dijon mustard
    How to:
    1.Boil the potatoes until they are soft but still firm (you dont want a mushy potato salad)
    2.While the potatoes are boiling, get the dressing ready in a smaller bowl by mixing the greek yogurt, lemon juice, salt, pepper, red pepper and dijon mustard and mix well.
    3.In a large bowl, add the potatoes, pickles, eggs and green onion. Next, add the dressing and mix well until the potatoes are evenly covered in the dressing.
    4.Store in the fridge overnight (or until it is chilled and ready for dinner).
    This thread is currently associated with: Cake Beauty, The Bargain Shop
    hollyquaiscer likes this.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Here is one of best (easiest)one I have found. I stole it from the German Ikea magazine. (Their yogurt is different there, so I have experimented here and found 0% fat gets the best rise.)

Scones:

1c Flour
    1c 0% Greek Yogurt (I use strawberry)
    3 tsp baking soda
    1/4 c butter (cold but softened- I use magarine due to DH allergies and it works well.)

Preheat to 420F. Mix together well in a bowl. Drop unto cookie sheet and bake for ~15min. Makes 4.

We eat these at least twice a week for breakfast with stewed/cooked fruit.
    Last edited by matty's mom; Sun, Jun 3rd, 2012 at 07:44 PM.
    bluerose and hollyquaiscer like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

Are these cookies? Do you think almond flour or coconut flour would work as well?

Quote Originally Posted by matty's mom View Post
    Here is one of best (easiest)one I have found. I stole it from the German Ikea magazine. (Their yogurt is different there, so I have experimented here and found 0% fat gets the best rise.)

1c Flour
    1c 0% Greek Yogurt (I use strawberry)
    3 tsp baking soda
    1/4 c butter (cold but softened- I use magarine due to DH allergies and it works well.)

Preheat to 420F. Mix together well in a bowl. Drop unto cookie sheet and bake for ~15min. Makes 4.

We eat these at least twice a week for breakfast with stewed/cooked fruit.
    Zoombucks are back: Please consider using my link to sign up again: https://zoombucks.com/?ref=IIHO0L

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

oh i just drizzle olive oil on it and eat it with bread or crackers lol

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

The orange cake, I have a nearly identical recipe for lemon loaf. I've used plain or vanilla Greek yogurt in this, with similar results.

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
    2 teaspoons baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
    1 cup plain whole-milk yogurt 1
    1/3 cups sugar, divided
    3 extra-large eggs
    2 teaspoons grated lemon zest (2 lemons)
    1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
    1/2 cup vegetable oil
    1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice

Directions Preheat the oven to 350° F. Line the bottom of a standard-sized loaf pan with parchment paper – grease and flour the pan. In a bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together the yogurt, 1 cup sugar, the eggs, lemon zest and vanilla. Slowly whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. With a rubber spatula, fold the vegetable oil into the batter, making sure it’s all incorporated. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 50 minutes – until a cake tester placed in the center of the loaf comes out clean. Cook the 1/3 cup lemon juice and remaining 1/3 cup sugar in a small pan until the sugar dissolves and the mixture is clear – set aside. When the cake is done, allow it to cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Carefully place on a baking rack over a sheet pan. While the cake is still warm, pour the lemon-sugar mixture over the cake and allow it to soak in.
    Last edited by Zonny; Sat, Jun 2nd, 2012 at 08:29 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i just eat it plain. i love how its so thick and creamy almost like eating sour creeam.
    join my superpoints network and get gifts card for amazon , or paypal, or rewards.
    http://superpoints.com/refer/skid13_mm
    http://www.surveysavvy.com/?m=4263495

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Sorry momof3heathens

Didn't copy it well (even though I know it by heart, LOL.) It is a recipe for Scones- and they are really good!
    Last edited by matty's mom; Sun, Jun 3rd, 2012 at 10:47 PM.

Trading Score
    130 (96%)

I just mix in a tiny bit of honey and some chopped nuts as a post workout recovery snack. All the protein makes it so my muscles don't hurt so much!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i've made this pancake recipes several times. it's yummy! http://koris-blog.blogspot.ca/2012/0...-pancakes.html

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I am certainly going to try the pancakes ,and will also try the lemons instead of oranges for next cake.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

It makes the very best tzatziki I have ever tasted. This is the recipe I use.

3 tbsp. olive oil
    1 tbsp. vinegar
    2 cloves garlic, minced finely
    1/2 tsp. salt
    1/4 tsp. white pepper
    1 cup greek yogurt, strained
    1 cup sour cream
    2 cucumbers, peeled, seeded and diced
    1 tsp. chopped fresh dill

Combine olive oil, vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Mix until well combined. Use a whisk, blend the yogurt with the sour cream. Add the olive oil mixture to the yogurt mixture and mix well. Finally, add the cucumber and chopped fresh dill. Chill for at least two hours before serving.
    Last edited by hollyquaiscer; Tue, Jun 26th, 2012 at 08:38 AM. Reason: spelling
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

If you like Indian foods and flavours, try this chicken recipe, it's to die for and a great flavour from the greek yogurt. I found this recipe online last year while trying to find a really good recipe for Chicken Korma that didn't contain flour. This one uses the nuts to thicken the sauce so it's perfect for me. There are tons of recipes out there for Chicken Korma, but this one was a keeper for me the first time I tried it. It can be a bit tedious, but soooo worth it!

2 ½-inch piece ginger, peeled and chopped
    5 garlic cloves, chopped
    3 tablespoons slivered almonds
    1 ½ cups plain greek yogurt
    1 ½ teaspoons garam masala ( I use this spice a lot, it adds fabulous flavour to soups and stews too. You can find it at RCSS)
    1 tablespoon coriander powder
    1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
    3 tablespoons canola oil
    2 medium onion, thinly sliced
    one 2-inch stick cinnamon
    8 whole cardamom pods
    2 bay leaves
    1 chicken, cut into eight serving pieces
    2 tablespoons golden raisins
    3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
    salt

1. Place ginger, garlic and ¼ cup of water in blender. Process until smooth. Add almonds, two more tablespoons of water, and process until smooth.
    2. Whisk together yogurt, garam masala, coriander, cayenne, and a pinch of salt in medium-sized bowl.
    3. Pour oil into large dutch oven set over medium heat. Add onions and cook until they are well browned, stirring often, about ten minutes. Remove onions with slotted spoon, trying to leave as much oil in dutch oven as possible. Set onions aside.
    4. Add cardamom, cinnamon, and bay leaves to dutch oven, and stir constantly until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add as many chicken pieces as will fit in one layer, and brown lightly on both sides, about two minutes on each side. Transfer browned chicken pieces to a plate and set aside.
    5. When all chicken pieces are browned, add raisins and blended almond and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently, until it forms a fragrant paste, about one minute. Return chicken and onions to dutch oven, and add yogurt. Stir well, and reduce heat to low. Cover dutch oven and cook until chicken is cooked through and tender, 25 to 30 minutes. Serve with a sprinkling of chopped cilantro.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Thread Information