User Tag List

Page 5 of 1788 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 505 1005 ... LastLast
Like Tree21264Likes

Thread: Nascar Rules

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Last edited by feetfrown; Mon, Apr 5th, 2010 at 03:39 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by buttertart View Post

I hope none of you get your feathers ruffled about what might be said in this forum...
    heck no! That's why we're here. It's just like sitting around with the gang watching a race. Everyone has their favorites and non-favorites. It may get loud but that's what happens when you're passionate about the sport!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Nope, I gained respect for Carl when he took out Brad - and fortunately no one was hurt but Carl picked the right moment. I believe Carl was sincere that he did not mean to get Brad airborn. It's just racin'! However, I'm sure Carl knows to expect retaliation from Brad in the future.

I do not believe that was the right moment. What Carl did that day was first cut down on Brad and took himself out of the race. Then, over 150 laps down and not even a competitor in the race he purposely wrecked someone at close to 200 mph in a car that is well know to go airborne. Shameful to the sport. I don't think Brad will retaliate, he's smarter than that I hope.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by BlazingDriver View Post
    I went to Michigan in 2008 with Great Canadian.
    I go to the August race in Michigan every year. Great time. I go with a whole group of guys and we camp right across the road. Got 6 camp sites all together and the walk to the track is about 20 mins and any rookies have to carry the coolers!!! It can be a long hot day!

Couponing Princess!
    Trading Score
    284 (100%)

One of my favourite moments this year was when Chris Pizzi referred to Carl Edwards as "Hot Carl"

Bwahahaha!

Yeah, not a fan of Edwards at all. And yes, he did fake punch Kenseth in the past, what an idiot.
    Add me on twitter and I'll add you back! Just mention you are from SC!

@hoppmichelle

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This is only one of many reasons I don't like Kyle Busch

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PrXbgMzejyU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PrXbgMzejyU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Ruining a brand new guitar!!! Who does he think he is Pete Townshend?

Couponing Princess!
    Trading Score
    284 (100%)

Yeah, just the mention of Kyle's name is enough to bring on very sudden, very passionate emotions.

People are very polarized about him, there's no middle ground, you either love him or loathe him.

I personally love him. I became a fan the same day Hendricks let him go to make room for Jr.

And what a year Kyle had after he left Hendricks. Love him!
    Add me on twitter and I'll add you back! Just mention you are from SC!

@hoppmichelle

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by rockit View Post
    I do not believe that was the right moment. What Carl did that day was first cut down on Brad and took himself out of the race. Then, over 150 laps down and not even a competitor in the race he purposely wrecked someone at close to 200 mph in a car that is well know to go airborne. Shameful to the sport. I don't think Brad will retaliate, he's smarter than that I hope.
    Agreed. It's not cool that Carl took out Brad when Carl was sooo many laps down - thanks to the prior incident - but that's between them and NASCAR and I will remind you that Carl only got a 3 race probation. However, time will tell whether or not the feud continues - and that's what makes it so interesting to watch!

Off to the cottage. Have a great weekend gentlemen (and ladies, if there are any others stopping in here).

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I like Danica!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mZkhVXjSraA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mZkhVXjSraA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Off to the cottage. Have a great weekend gentlemen (and ladies, if there are any others stopping in here).

Enjoy yer weekend! Have a great time!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Kyle talks about Danica

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FVSSAbBXiwI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FVSSAbBXiwI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

OK, I'm stirred up... I can't believe I have to say this to a guy, but boys will be boys! Carl was just blowing off steam and better he do it to Matt's face than his fender. I love all the Roush boys, but Matt can be a diva sometimes, too. Calling Carl 'dangerous' is a tad harsh. He has a temper, he's no longer afraid to show it, and admit it - the drama is half the reason we watch NASCAR! For cryin' out loud how long ago was that on-camera incident and you said yourself it would stir things up. NASCAR (and football) are men's versions of soap operas thanks to the grudges and rivalries.

I hope none of you get your feathers ruffled about what might be said in this forum...
    I actually agree!! If I was an owner, I sure would want a driver who had a lot of fire in him, aka Kyle, Carl, Jeff etc.. Sometimes I think that is why Junior is such an under-performer at Hendricks.. just no fire there.. too laid back

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by rockit View Post
    I agree that that was the wrong time and place for the payback.. Too fast a track and Carl was a bajillion laps down and Brad had his best finish in store. Now if Carl had been willing to lose as much as Brad ie. same finishing position and also a slightly slower track, then no problem. It's what NASCAR wanted this year and it's how you teach these brash young kids how to race at this level.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Tomorrow on TSN

3:30 PM 2010 NASCAR Nationwide Series: Nashville 300

Also tonight
    <table class="cnnDataTable" border="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody id="cnnDataBody"><tr><td class="cnnBroadcast"></td> <td>04|02|10</td> <td>7:30 p.m.</td> <td class="cnnLast"> Nashville 200 </td></tr></tbody></table>
    Last edited by rockit; Fri, Apr 2nd, 2010 at 04:06 PM. Reason: added truck race

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

And for those staying up late or getting up early

Tomorrow night Sunday morning on TSN
    3:55 AM 2010 Formula One Auto Racing: Malaysian Grand Prix

Page 5 of 1788 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 505 1005 ... LastLast

Thread Information