User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Diaper Brands

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    78 (100%)

i prefer pampers and huggies, usually find pampers cheaper with sales and coupons. i hate most of the no name brands, found they leak easily EXCEPT the sobeyes no name ones (our compliments maybe??) i actually really liked those but only buy them when pampers isnt on sale.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Pampers

(that's all I have to say)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

It's amazing the different experiences we've had with the same diapers!

When my DS was in diapers, there was (and still is I think) a place in Halifax where you could trade an open pack of diapers for the next size up when your baby grew out of them. You didn't necessarily get the same brand that you traded with, but this gave a good opportunity to try some different diapers. The big winner for us was Pampers Baby Dry, but that's certainly not the case for all baby bums.

I totally think that what diaper works for your baby is all about the shape of your baby's bum. Some babies fit Huggies, some fit Pampers, some fit other brands!

I hosted a baby shower for a close cousin of mine, and made a diaper cake. I'm totally NOT crafy, but still made an awesome cake (if you want info, PM me, it's SO easy!). Keeping the above rule in mind, I used several different brands of diapers so she could try them all out!

Z

Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Thought I heard it from someone on here that Huggies actually makes Costco's Kirkland diapers . so if you prefer huggies, the kirkland ones might be cheaper.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I'm using pampers as my ds leaks with huggues.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

i'm a pampers person.. tried kirkland and they were ok until i got a bad case.. half the tabs were ripping off when i gave them the pull to put it on, they were bulky they didn't hold as much.. just a complete pain
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    123 (99%)

i used pampers baby dry right from day one, till my lil stinker was too small for the size 6 but the size 5's were too small for him, then i switched to size 5 huggies pure and natural till he out grew those and i will use either huggies or pampers right now... both in size 6 now

i have noticed that my son seems to be smellier with huggies tho... (if thats possible) pampers somewhat contains the smell and even when changing its not as bad

i do find that huggies fits a lil smaller, and that huggies tend to be a better quality (imo) he is a very active toddler... huggies also seems to be narrowed in the part that catches things, making it easier for my lil punk to get around (at least in the size 5 and 6's)

also huggies imo again has better sales and i have had no need to contact huggies, but have many many times with pampers, the tabs keep falling off, or jabbing into my sons tummy

the few times i used store brands it was a poosplosion... ruined clothes and such, never used kirkland, didn't have a costco membership or a car to drive an hour to go get them
    Last edited by lady_arianna; Thu, Apr 8th, 2010 at 04:08 AM. Reason: mommy brain :P

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

We tried both Pamers and Huggies for DD. Found that Huggies really smelled bad when she peed / pooed...and leaked! very surprising as I swore by huggies with my twins years before. Now we just stick with pampers..
    <div_prefs id="div_prefs"></div_prefs>
    Blueyedmama

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    242 (100%)

I started off using newborn size Pampers, and then went to Kirklands. That was before couponing. I did like the Kirklands from Costco but they were $35 a box and with coupons (stacking) I can get Pampers or Huggies free of nearly free.

I actually do not like Huggies diapers. They leak and they just don't fit my little guy right. He's also had a really bad poop blow out in Huggies. Ewwww!!!

I'm 100% a Pampers fan. They never leak, they last my son through the night (9-11 hours) and they don't smell when he pees like the huggies. If I have a choice I will buy Pampers.

I collect coupons for both because I know a friend that uses Huggies and she and I swap the Pampers/Huggies and get the ones we like. It works well

Now wipes.... whole 'nother story for me. I strongly dislike Pampers Wipes. They are slimy and leave a waxy residue on my hands and they don't pick anything up. They smear it!!! You can't beat a Huggies wipe.
    Coupons = Little pieces of paper you get FREE from the stores, from reps and from companies (ie: Not gold)

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by danam314 View Post

Now wipes.... whole 'nother story for me. I strongly dislike Pampers Wipes. They are slimy and leave a waxy residue on my hands and they don't pick anything up. They smear it!!! You can't beat a Huggies wipe.

I so agree with you!!!
    <div_prefs id="div_prefs"></div_prefs>
    Blueyedmama

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by francine1985 View Post
    We have tried a few diapers and now use only pampers. the parent choise swelled up a lot and leaked everysingle time. the kirkland (costco) were ok but leaked once in a while and wont help you unless you have a cosco membership (my dad got them for us). The huggies were good too but at the time didnt have the reward codes. If you use pampers i would recomend the swadlers and then the baby dry. the cruisers gave him a bad rash and they all leaked. We have not tried the cruisers dry max because of the rash from the regular cruisers but i heard they a good.
    Hi it’s Patrick from Pampers. I just wanted to thank you for the props and your loyalty! I also wanted to respond to some of your concerns about Dry Max. Sorry to hear about your experience with Cruisers. Many of us on the Pampers Team are parents as well, and like you we’re deeply committed to the health and safety of babies. That’s why we want to get a complete understanding of any issues you might have. Just to let you know, Pampers Swaddlers and Cruisers with Dry Max is our new high performance diaper and is the biggest innovation to <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1ersonName w:st="on">Pampers</st1ersonName> in 25 years J. The hard working Cruisers diaper is 20% thinner than before and Pampers’ driest ever as it helps lock in wetness. Don’t forget, you can call us with any comments or concerns at 1-877-256-3265. We’re here M-F 9-6 EST.

Trading Score
    23 (100%)

Huggies leaked for us until my son was well into that particular size, then they were fine. We use Pampers the most, they work the best for him. If you like Huggies though, the Cosco Kirkland brand is made by Kimberley Clarke which is the same company that makes Huggies and they're cheaper.
    Join SWAGBUCKS! I've made over $1000 so far! Click here to join!!

Regal Fundraiser!! Ongoing so no due date and items ship directly to your door! Use this link and put Lisa Taylor under the Referral Name on the payment page. Thank you for your support! www.hrtc.shopregal.ca

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I've realized we're Pampers girls, lol.
    The Huggies run too small. Size 2 is tight on her, but Pampers 2's are just right. (She's a big one, she weighs 12 lbs 7 OZ as of today!!)

Trading Score
    68 (97%)

JUST got a tweet from My Wee View- they are looking for stories and questions about Pampers with Dry Max because they are going to P&G/Pampers HQ in Cincinnati for a behind the scenes look on June 9----please post a message if you have any questions etc...
    http://myweeview.com/2010/06/pampers...your-feedback/

Lets help our voices be heard!<!-- GAL -->
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I agree with the person who said Pampers Swads to Baby Dry.

I loved the Swaddlers in N and size 1 - they were very helpful for my husband lol (the line changes colour there is urine in the diaper). But as she started sleeping longer at night I noticed she would get a bit of a red bum with the Swaddlers. Baby Dry was great after that. I will buy Huggies if I happen to have a coupon on hand and the big packs are on sale. But I mostly go for Pampers.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information