User Tag List

Trading Score
    58 (98%)

Just wondering if anybody elses toddlers do this.

Everytime I go to do something for my 2 year old (even just opening the door, making my own coffee,making food,getting dressed..even getting myself dressed) she will freak out because she wants to do it(or help) herself,lol.Often times I have finished for example closing the microwave or opening the door and she will just reshut the door and open it herself. It's kind of cute/funny.
    This thread is currently associated with: Independent
    https://legerweb.com/VADJC Join Leger Web And Start Earning Today =)

34591328S1 Sign Up at ING Direct With This ORange Key To Receive Free $50

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

enjoy it while she is still young and naive

in about 5 yrs you will be constantly reminding her to do stuff!
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

orv
    Female
    Trading Score
    77 (100%)

aww that is cute.. i will gladly trade you places right now.. as my DD favorite thing to do is push my buttons!!! shes starting to test her limits with me and she how long it takes until i snap....... no matter what i say, she does not listen and will continue to do it until i physically make her stop... im going CRAZYYYYYYYYY lol
    Niagara Falls for New years!!! YIPPY!!!!!

Junior Canuck BewilderedBrunette's Avatar
    Trading Score
    92 (100%)

My DS is sometimes like this. Especially when it comes to feeding....he doesn't want any help eating! He'll smack the spoon/fork if we hold it to him! But if the food is placed in front of him, he'll gladly feed it to himself.

Oh...shoes too...He wants to put them on himself but still lacks the dexterity so kinda freaks out a little when it doesn't work out for him!

If only he could change his own diapers!...LOL!

Trading Score
    56 (100%)

Yes! My oldest son just turned 3 and he is very much like this. Anything he can do, he wants to do, and boy oh boy don't try to help him! Of course, in a few more years this will be reversed and it will be anything he can do, he won't do, and boy oh boy don't try to make him! lol

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

nope i don't have that.. but she has to have her own choices "which jacket doyou want to wear, which pair of shoes?" if it's not the one she wants she will throw a fit
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

My daughter is JUST like that! It is cute, and makes me feel proud! It is painful to watch her struggle to say get her shirt on- It is hard not to help- but she has a BIG meltdown if I try! She always gets it on though Yay for our big girls!

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

my littleman is sort of like that ... he wants to do everything himself. heaven forbid i help him put his shoes on .. .all hell may break loose lol ...
    he's just learning to take off his own shirt and keeps getting stuck.... he's almost figure out how to gt his jacket on/off ... he wants to help me stir everything ... if he needs to brush his teeth and the bathroom light is off he will walk all the way to get a chair and drag it back to turn the light on even if you are standing right there he won't let you do it ... and so on

it's how they learn! practice practice more practice!

Trading Score
    80 (100%)

My DS just turned 2, and is very much like this. Not so much with dressing himself (yet), but opening and closing doors, turning lights on and off, which chair to sit in at dinner, helping with making meals, going up and down the stairs by himself, getting into his own car seat, even helping his little sister. It is cute, but sometimes can be so frustrating when I'm in a hurry.
    SwagBucks.com - the premiere digital dollar. Earn SwagBucks to redeem for great prizes. Amazon.ca are available here!

LeadPrizes.com - I have redeemed for $6 into my PayPal account in just under two weeks. You can too with this awesome PTC site!

Trading Score
    80 (100%)

My son is 2.5 and wants to do everything. He will do exactly what you said, reopen and shut a door and redo what I just did. Even when I flush the toilet he comes running and yelling "Me, Me, Me, Meeeee" Sigh.

He always wants to push the button to close the garage door when we come home and it's up high. I usually have my hands full with my purse or whatever and pick up all 40 lbs of him so he can push the button. LOL.
    My family currently has a 1 in 20 chance for a trip for 4 anywhere WestJet flies. Please vote for my son if you can spare a moment. https://apps.facebook.com/rfscontest...93?eid=1800024
    *You can vote daily til Nov 12th. - Just click 'LOVE IT' - THANK YOU

Trading Score
    442 (100%)

I call my son my little helper. He has to help with EVERYTHING! Dishes, sweeping, carrying in groceries, cleaning,as I said EVERYTHING! Its great right now Im just dreading when he gets to be his sister's age(12) and wants to do absolutely nothing

Trading Score
    58 (98%)

awww. i know what you mean. Shes always saying " i do it myself". Then if i try to cook,sweep,open a door,get her dressed or something she screams "mee do it!!". lol. When she puts her shoes on i always forget to check if she put them on the right feet and then people always comment how her shoes are on backwards,i'm just like oops.

She hasn't mastered getting her shirt off and on either.She can take her pants and underwear off but that's probably it. If she puts her pants on she put both legs in one whole 90% of the time.
    https://legerweb.com/VADJC Join Leger Web And Start Earning Today =)

34591328S1 Sign Up at ING Direct With This ORange Key To Receive Free $50

Thread Information