User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Busy Bee
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I received this email about this story..

http://www.lamanaphotography.com/walmart2.htm
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart

Be a little kinder than necessary,remember everyone is fighting their own battles.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

note: some images are disgusting

As for the flip flops, this is what people get for buying cheap items i guess

bcteagirl
    That is truly awful, but I can't honestly say I am surprised.

One more reason to add to the long list of reasons I refuse to buy anything at walmart. There is an interesting video I posted in the interesting links section for those interested in learning more about walmart.

For those with slow loading speeds, or who don't like to go to other sites, basically it shows that defective flipflops are causing severe problems (Think bright red like an allergic reaction, scarring etc, but not an allergy) and walmart treated her like dirt, and continues to sell the flip flops. Others are now being hurt.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I totally agree with bctea. I hate Walmart too and avoid shopping there as much as I could. Walmart does not support the Canadian economy... all it supports are the US and Chinese economies... Walmart hurts our local businesses... Walmart supports abuse of kids to produce cheap products in China... Walmart's items are cheap, break in no time and you end up spending more money on cheap items.

As for cheap footwear... your feet are very important and you should always wear high quality, medicated shoes or sandals.

My 2 cents

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wow, that is pretty awful...Such a huge chain like Walmart trying to pass the buck...I hope that she gets some some kind of resolution and definitely compensation for this.
    I used to love Walmart for my daughters clothes, but I am disgusted with their lack of concern for their customer.
    Maybe this story circulating is what Walmart needs to loose some sales, and learn that you should never bite the hand that feeds you.(meaning us consumers)
    As far as them supporting the abuse of children in China, I never knew that, or I would have never bought my girls clothes there.
    I'm going to go google this now...

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

OMG...I own a pile of pairs like that, not from walmart but from other stores and I havent had problems thankfully. Those pics are scary though makes me afraid to wear my flipflops

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

bcteagirl
    I remember when the story broke on the US networks... the headlines were not about how small abused children were making pretty much all their clothing, but that clothing was being marked as 'made in the US' when it was not. I was personally disgusted not only with the child labour (which is still happening despite what they say) but the fact that others seemed to think the labels were more important than the children.

rita heyworth
    have never been to Walmart in Canada (have been there while in the U.S. shopping for cheap utensils with "dorm-friends") not a fan of Walmart or the big box stores

Julie Andrews
    OMG- That's so scary!
    It's sad the way Walmart is treating her. They should do more to keep their customers.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I will never wear these again. But it don't surprise me when you work for wal-mart you are never aloud to admit fault.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

OMG.. that's crazy!!! I feel so sorry for that lady and her poor, poor feet.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

wow, thank you for sharing...im never shopping in walmart again! beware of made in china stuff!

Being Polite Is Very Easy WandaJean's Avatar
    Trading Score
    31 (97%)

omg.that was truly disgusting(the feet) that poor lady I can only imagine the pain, I am going to have to find anoher "bargain" store to shop at, anything bad on zellers??
    Thank You SC'rs for all the contests/samples/freebies, etc. that you post.
    Join Swagbucks today! Get those freebies!!!http://www.swagbucks.com/<WBR>refer/WandaJean $725.00 aprx of freebies From Amazon...I love Free

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

omg that is horrible. I wear cheap flip flops all the time. Makes me think twice about where I buy them. The least this woman deserves is an apology if not more.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Not so strange though if you think about it. Lately their have been quite a few big mistakes with things coming from China...remember the human and animal food additives!
    Maybe its time not only the stores but manufacturers and the government started checking things out better.
    AFTER ALL THAT'S PART OF WHAT WE ARE PAYING FOR!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information