User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sarajk View Post
    THE COUNTESS...Did you have to pay your provinces taxes on the books???

I don't recall seeing it on my invoices, no

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by sarajk View Post
    And I don't proof read my posts, BIG DEAL. And you do seem like a jerk that has too much time one their hands!
    Maybe you should take the time to proof your posts then someone will not comment on it. Like I said I was trying not be a jerk but it is apparent that you are not able to accept any type of criticism which just makes you a rather petty person. On top of posting a response in the forum and then sending it to me to through a PM just to make sure I get the message. Maybe I have too much time on my hands but the same could be said for you. Rest assured I do have better things to do with my time then to continue this debate with you.

Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

Keep the topic to Amazon please.

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

I always make spelling mistakes. i always blame it on my keyboard tee hee.

anyways getting back to the subject... Ill have enough gcs to order something probably by the end of this mth (hopefully) and if i am unable to get my game from .com im totally gunna be frustrated bc ive been saving/trading lol... I think I may get another wii game maybe ea active more workouts.

Please take a second to follow my brand new blog:
    Belinda's Babblings

I've been away for quite some time so I apologize if I repost a contest by accident! Feel free to message me and let me know if I've done this and I'll delete it : )

Trading Score
    98 (100%)

well thanks everybody for your inputs..i still dont know what to do..i tried trading them ($120 in codes) with no success..by the way i was lucky enough last month and this month to win them in survey pools..hope i figure out something soon..
    @ : thanks for the tip
    @elliott_gyal: yes please let me know if you paid anything xtras after receiving your order!

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

what the.. ill trade you if i have anything u like?

Belinda's Babblings

I've been away for quite some time so I apologize if I repost a contest by accident! Feel free to message me and let me know if I've done this and I'll delete it : )

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

ok just went to place an order and this is what it says:
    Not Eligible:Items shipped to addresses outside the United States are not eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping.

Belinda's Babblings

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've never had to pay any customs fees/duties from orders from Amazon.com, but I did pay a deposit of some sort when making the order so I guess that takes care of that. Some orders were worth over $100, but none were big ticket items or electronics, just DVDs etc.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Amazon, though, either .com or.ca service has been excellent!

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Has anyone heard about this big new warehouse Amazon is building in Canada? I read about it online somewhere, and didn't bookmark it and now I can't find it again.

I remember it saying this is why they are able to expand their product line.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thecountess View Post
    Has anyone heard about this big new warehouse Amazon is building in Canada? I read about it online somewhere, and didn't bookmark it and now I can't find it again.

I remember it saying this is why they are able to expand their product line.

These are a couple I found from google news:

TORONTO — The federal government is allowing Amazon.com Inc. to build a warehouse in Canada in return for the U.S. retailer's promise to promote Canadian culture and to hire its first-ever Canadian employees. Continue reading...

US based retailing giant Amazon has been given permissions to establish a distribution center in Canada. The company was facing protests from the local booksellers who were claiming that it would hurt their business.Continue reading...
    Last edited by laurac86; Wed, Apr 28th, 2010 at 02:44 PM.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by laurac86 View Post
    This is the one I found:

TORONTO — The federal government is allowing Amazon.com Inc. to build a warehouse in Canada in return for the U.S. retailer's promise to promote Canadian culture and to hire its first-ever Canadian employees. Continue reading...
    Thanks

There was another article too... I wish I could find it

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Thanks

There was another article too... I wish I could find it
    Added another one to my post, not sure if that is it. If you google something like 'Amazon.com warehouse Canada' and go to the news section there is a big list of them.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by laurac86 View Post
    Added another one to my post, not sure if that is it. If you google something like 'Amazon.com warehouse Canada' and go to the news section there is a big list of them.
    Thanks

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have only ever ordered books from Amazon.com and I have never paid duty.

I do know that Amazon.com is opening a new warehouse in Canada soon.

hopefully that would mean cheaper shipping for canadians ( not getting my hopes up)

i have paid import fees on some stuff ive ordered. although when i order stuff its either in large quantities or costs a lot ( or both) i once wa scharged 8. 90 in import fees on a 62 dollar book. ( amazon ended up paying part of my import fees and waving the shipping as a compensation for the book taking weeks longer to ship)
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview
    My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gryphon View Post
    hopefully that would mean cheaper shipping for canadians ( not getting my hopes up)

i have paid import fees on some stuff ive ordered. although when i order stuff its either in large quantities or costs a lot ( or both) i once wa scharged 8. 90 in import fees on a 62 dollar book. ( amazon ended up paying part of my import fees and waving the shipping as a compensation for the book taking weeks longer to ship)
    I'm not sure what the new warehouse will mean for us in terms of shipping charges...I am able to get several books from Amazon.ca every month for free because of Swagbucks, unfortunately your dollar doesn't go as far on Amazon.com because of the shipping costs so I am not able to order as often.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information