User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

UPDATE

I canceled my MAC makeup appointment. Apparently, they've been blatantly lying to my friends and I. I remember when I made my appointment over the phone, I made SURE to confirm that the 55 dollars would be redeemable in product. She said yes, and everything was dandy.

But when one of my friends was making her appointment, she was told the 55 dollars was a "service" fee, and any products would have to be purchased.

I called to confirm this and it was confirmed. Extremely mad and disappointed with MAC.

As one of my friends mentioned, when were they gonna tell us? When we were picking out our products?

Soo...I guess I'm gonna be doing my own makeup...unless I book another appointment at a salon or something...*sigh* We'll see...I have two weeks...

False advertising...=(

Just booked my prom makeup appointment with MAC. For 55 dollars, they would do the makeup, but I would be able to take home the makeup that they used on me. Woo hoo!

So i've started to look through some looks that I might like and found a few.

Tell me what you think, or suggest some of your own! ^___^

I'll probably just let the MAC artists do their thing though...
    This thread is currently associated with: Apple, Guess, MAC Cosmetics
    Last edited by starobsolete; Sun, May 9th, 2010 at 12:27 AM.

Trading Score
    215 (100%)

watch michelle phan's videos on youtube, her videos are extreamly easy to follow and she does have a prom make up video up. shes a really good artist!! try doing it yourself and you can save money
    Want free giftcards? Use Swagbucks Like Google and Earn Gift cards!

http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/SaiyenBlood

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Bloo View Post
    watch michelle phan's videos on youtube, her videos are extreamly easy to follow and she does have a prom make up video up. shes a really good artist!! try doing it yourself and you can save money
    Haha, yup, Michelle Phan is one of the people I follow on youtube. :D I actually liked xteener and bubzbeauty's looks for prom better actually, as much as I love Michelle!

The problem I found for doing my makeup at home was that I really don't have much experience with makeup. My collection is pretty dismal, so I thought that I mind as well book the appointment.

Trading Score
    215 (100%)

lol nice! she is getting popular. and good luck with the mac artists

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

lol nice! she is getting popular. and good luck with the mac artists
    She's getting very popular! I remember I first made a youtube account so I could follow the looks she made and stuff. :D She seems to be having a good start with Lancome, so kudos to her!

Thanks a bunch!

Trading Score
    215 (100%)

no problem
    from personal experince, when I went to prom.. I hated the foundation on my face. it felt ok within the first hour but then later on I just wanted to wash it off...it felt icky in it

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

no problem
    from personal experince, when I went to prom.. I hated the foundation on my face. it felt ok within the first hour but then later on I just wanted to wash it off...it felt icky in it
    Yeah, i'm definitely gonna mention that to them. Hopefully they've seen enough people come through their doors that the could match an appropriate face product for me....I'm just worried it's gonna be extremely humid or rain on my prom day....*crosses fingers*

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I thought the first pic in your post was a natural look, to me that looked good.

I used to wear a lot of makeup in my teens. But as I matured, I realized that less is more. Now I'm approaching 40 and am a mom, I don't have time or inclination for ANY makeup. But that's another story!

Makeup, especially with the products they have today, can totally change the look of your face. Unless you have a serious flaw to cover, that really isn't a good thing. You still want to look like YOU! So my only advice is to go for a fairly natural look - you don't want to look at those pictures 20 years from now and say, "OMG, what was I THINKING?"

Z

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Zonny View Post
    I thought the first pic in your post was a natural look, to me that looked good.

I used to wear a lot of makeup in my teens. But as I matured, I realized that less is more. Now I'm approaching 40 and am a mom, I don't have time or inclination for ANY makeup. But that's another story!

Makeup, especially with the products they have today, can totally change the look of your face. Unless you have a serious flaw to cover, that really isn't a good thing. You still want to look like YOU! So my only advice is to go for a fairly natural look - you don't want to look at those pictures 20 years from now and say, "OMG, what was I THINKING?"

Z
    I totally agree with you. I wear a minimal amount of makeup now, because i'm too scared of going over board with it. I love the natural look and browns and taupes because they seem to flatter a lot of people.

Thanks for your post!

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

i like the first picture over the second (for mkeup)

Please take a second to follow my brand new blog:
    Belinda's Babblings

I've been away for quite some time so I apologize if I repost a contest by accident! Feel free to message me and let me know if I've done this and I'll delete it : )

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

personally, both looks are great but to save yourself money. I would do it on my own. Just practice

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Waht about fun and funky. You only have your prom once.

Maybe not this many colours but whatever would match your dress, go glitzy
    Keep it carbed......

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by chelly View Post
    personally, both looks are great but to save yourself money. I would do it on my own. Just practice
    true. *nods* I wish I had the time and supplies to do my own makeup, but I just don't.

I'm actually gonna do my own hair so just finding practice time for that is hard...

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by momofkali View Post
    Waht about fun and funky. You only have your prom once.

Maybe not this many colours but whatever would match your dress, go glitzy
    Pretty picture! Thanks for the tip! =D

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I love the 2 pics that you posted they look natural and not too overdone
    If you were going to do something bold I would do big eyes and subtle lips or bold lips and subtle eyes just to keep everything balanced. Thats my plan I'm graduating this year too!

Do you have your dress all picked out and bought already?
    Last edited by OctoberSun; Tue, May 4th, 2010 at 07:01 PM.
    You know you love me xoxo Gossip Girl

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information