User Tag List

bug
    Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have tons of clothes in good-excellent to like new condition (I'm kicking myself for always cutting the tags off...should just keep them on until I actually wear it out!). Mostly from Gap, Banana Republic, Club Monaco, Talbots, a little bit of Mexx, and Nine West, Franco Sarto, and Clarks for shoes.

Has anybody "cleaned out their closets" by selling their stuff on ebay? How much money did you make? Was it worth your time and effort?

Any tips on selling clothes and shoes, specifically? Has anyone ever sold their clothes or shoes in bulk/by lots? I know Canada Post charges a lot for shipping, so maybe selling in lots will lower the shipping price per item.
    This thread is currently associated with: Banana Republic, Canada Post, Club Monaco, Ebay, Gap, Mexx, Nine West

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

depends on what you are selling. I had a dress I relisted 2x and it did not sell. I am going to Craigslist now.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    181 (100%)

I have sold lots on eBay....(to make up what I spend lol).

It is hard to sell kids clothes, I find it hit and miss.
    It is better to sell lots and do the flat rate shipping box. Kids shoes, I sold lots (nikes etc) they are alot easier.

I have made over 1000 since last year. But this was on selling all my motorcycle gear and assor.

Sometimes an item may not sell when I list it the first and second time but on the third time it does. Near Christmas it was good to sell. You just have to have the right search key words in your item title.

I hope this helps.

bug
    Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by sherrik View Post
    I have sold lots on eBay....(to make up what I spend lol).

It is hard to sell kids clothes, I find it hit and miss.
    It is better to sell lots and do the flat rate shipping box. Kids shoes, I sold lots (nikes etc) they are alot easier.

I have made over 1000 since last year. But this was on selling all my motorcycle gear and assor.

Sometimes an item may not sell when I list it the first and second time but on the third time it does. Near Christmas it was good to sell. You just have to have the right search key words in your item title.

I hope this helps.

Thanks for your response. I think I will try small lots of clothing to take advantage of the flat rate shipping box. Have to look into shipping for shoes, though, since they are heavier and the shipping costs might be prohibitive. I have Nine West, Clarks, and Franco Sarto which might do well since they are in excellent condition and are fairly popular brands.

I have a lot of mall brands which I hope are popular on ebay (see first post). I also have a couple of nice leather purses and wallets, with one brand selling around $50-100 for wallets on ebay....but I don't think I want to part with those items :o(. Will think about do it around christmas time since I think the summer might be a slow season on ebay.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I sell lots of clothes/purses/shoes/etc. etc. on Kijiji. It works GREAT!!!!!

Thread Information