User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by xox2010 View Post
    What I don't understand is that my mom is a single parent, making under $30k/yr and she only received $95*3.. Her friend, who both her and her husband work and make far more money than my mom, are receiving the $330*3 (or $1000). Yup, makes a lot of sense!

I understand exactly where you are coming from however the Government explains it this way:

If you are making more money you are contributing more in taxes to the Province/Country therefore you deserve to receive a larger refund than someone that is making less and contributing less.

Couponing Princess!
    Trading Score
    284 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by xox2010 View Post
    What I don't understand is that my mom is a single parent, making under $30k/yr and she only received $95*3.. Her friend, who both her and her husband work and make far more money than my mom, are receiving the $330*3 (or $1000). Yup, makes a lot of sense!
    Are you talking about the one time HST rebate?

There's no rebate for $95... the rebate is for $100 for individuals with lower income.

I think you might be mixing the fixed HST rebate that is a one time payment with the GST credit that your mom normally receives?
    Add me on twitter and I'll add you back! Just mention you are from SC!

@hoppmichelle

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Yea, I get 95$ quarterly for the GST cheque! I'll be getting the 100$ whenever that comes (taxes filed late )
    Did you see the pool? They flipped the B!tch!

I'm going to South Korea!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by BCSparkyGirl View Post
    did you sign the petition? its a freaking joke. Supposed to create jobs....I LOST my job because of it slowing down the housing market. And I don't qualify for a cheque, even if they do come out here.
    I'm very skeptical about the job creation angle too. The Altantic provinces have had it for a few years has it helped? Some costs went up (shelter, clothing and footwear, transportation) and some went down (food, household operation, health). Throw in the tax credits and tax reductions, and if you put your faith in politicians and economists, (ha) we should be cost neutral.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by orv View Post
    I agree... these checks are going to be nice. but we are going to be spending more money.. so its really peanuts... a bribe to shut us up while they rob us.. i read on CRA website they will be issued june 10th(direct deposit gets it that day).
    Yup .. its a bribe with our own money ..LOL

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    38 (100%)

Just wondering if anyone knows the date of the next deposit? Everything I've seen still says December, 2010. Thanks!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by fayemercier View Post
    Just wondering if anyone knows the date of the next deposit? Everything I've seen still says December, 2010. Thanks!
    I believe the next deposit is December 10th
    Epicure Consultant
    www.epicureselections.com
    contact me for more info

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    38 (100%)

Thanks That's right around the corner...

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I live in BC and have not yet heard of this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by yearnew View Post
    I live in BC and have not yet heard of this.
    Its only for ON ...BC & ON got hit with the HST at the same time , but at least ON is giving some of it back ( one time payment in 3 installments ) as a bribe to appease the voters , since the ON election is around the corner in about 10 months .

Something is better than nothing I guess ..they are going to screw us with the HST no matter what ..so might as well get some peanuts back in return ..LOL ...irrespective of whether we accept this bribe or not ..we are screwed with the HST ..so what the heck we might as well take it ..the only other option is that they give us nothing

Trading Score
    185 (100%)

I agree! I'd rather get something, instead of nothing.

It sucks that BC didn't do something similar with the Transition payments we have in ON.
    Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    Its only for ON ...BC & ON got hit with the HST at the same time , but at least ON is giving some of it back ( one time payment in 3 installments ) as a bribe to appease the voters , since the ON election is around the corner in about 10 months .

Something is better than nothing I guess ..they are going to screw us with the HST no matter what ..so might as well get some peanuts back in return ..LOL ...irrespective of whether we accept this bribe or not ..we are screwed with the HST ..so what the heck we might as well take it ..the only other option is that they give us nothing
    Join Swagbucks and earn points for searching, surveys and more!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

The good people of BC are at least going to get a referendum on the matter of HST:
    http://hst.blog.gov.bc.ca/2010/09/16...to-referendum/

I thought Premier Campbell recently announced that some kind of HST credit payments were dropped? The BC version of a transitional tax credit?
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

$ 100 / $ 335 deposited today

Trading Score
    60 (100%)

Oh... so that's what the $335 amount is all about... I was wondering who is giving me money...
    At the right time, a kind word from a stranger, or encouragement from a friend, can make all the difference in the world. Kindness is free, but it's priceless. ~ Doe Zantamata

"And it's always the right time!" ~ Woofy

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information