User Tag List

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

It seems that kids are getting quite nasty rashes on their tushes when using the Huggies "cool feel" pull-ups.
    http://www.clickondetroit.com/video/22791793/index.html

Evidently the 'coolness' uses Sorbitol to have that affect on them, and although it's a well-known and approved chemical (sweetners, for example), parents may not want that coming in contact with those very sensitive areas of their toddlers. In the video, the Mom said that she found a lot of other toddlers who have been affected by this very painful rash...

Just fyi...
    This thread is currently associated with: Huggies

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I thought it was just us, but apparently not. I've just put in a complaint to Huggies and I'm going to send an email to Health Canada too.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Was gonna do some potty traing...thanks for the heads up!!!
    Life is always a learning process

Trading Score
    57 (100%)

My son got two very small wounds, for lack of a better word, right at the top of pull-ups where the velcro-ish tear open strip is. There is a little rectangle where it is thicker than the rest at the top. We had to discontinue using them - he wasn't very happy about it. I did let Huggies know about it. Almost two months later and you can still see the spots, but I now think they will go away.

Thanks for sharing about the "cool feeling", I wondered what component would do that . . . poor little guys and girls!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Sheesh, that's crazy!

Well, it's way easier to potty train without using that style anyway - go to a padded underwear, and then they won't use it like a diaper as they do pullups.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

My lil guy went on those right before I decided to throw them out and potty train for real but he broke out in a nasty bum rash with open bleeding sores I'd honestly never seen anything like it before, and it looked terribly painful. It was the ONLY time he ever even had diaper rash or anything. Best thing to do anyways is go from diapers to undies, I only bought them because they were on sale really cheap and zach loved the design lol.
    Last edited by Sally888; Sun, May 30th, 2010 at 12:44 AM.

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sally888 View Post
    My lil guy went on those right before I decided to throw them out and potty train for real but he broke out in a nasty bum rash with open bleeding sores I'd honestly never seen anything like it before, and it looked terribly painful. It was the ONLY time he ever even had diaper rash or anything. Best thing to do anyways is go from diapers to undies, I only bought them because they were on sale really cheap and zach loved the design lol.
    My daycare insisted on pull ups for my daughter. I guess they didn't want to deal with her being wet all the time.

We use pull ups at night. Glad we've never bothered with the cool alert.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    123 (99%)

i was just wondering tonight if it was just my pack of pullups, or if it was something my son ate (he is allergic to wheat, but likes to steal my cookies every once in a while)

he has had tons of bum rashes in the past but this one is different than the rest (even different from his reaction to the pampers dry max) its red and almost scaly type after using a new box of pullups (got on clearance at RCSS)

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

wow thats awful thanks for the heads up i will make sure to not buy those when my little one is toilet training

Trading Score
    56 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by honker View Post
    My son got two very small wounds, for lack of a better word, right at the top of pull-ups where the velcro-ish tear open strip is. There is a little rectangle where it is thicker than the rest at the top. We had to discontinue using them - he wasn't very happy about it. I did let Huggies know about it. Almost two months later and you can still see the spots, but I now think they will go away.

Thanks for sharing about the "cool feeling", I wondered what component would do that . . . poor little guys and girls!
    Oh dear, my oldest son had the same thing and I never even thought about it being the Pull-up's. It took forever to go away too, I was starting to be concerned. But now that it is gone, I haven't seen any other problems, no rash or anything. Then again, he has always been very resilient with those things; rarely did he ever get diaper rash or anything. Good to know though so I can keep an eye out.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi everybody! patrick@pampers here. Thought I could be of service on the rash issue some of your LOs are having. I’m so sorry if they experienced any discomfort while wearing one of our diapers. Here at team Pampers it’s truly all about caring for babies, so these comments do mean a lot to us. A healthy baby, in general, is expected to get a diaper rash about 3 or 4 times a year. Some of them can be severe and can have characteristics typically associated with burns. Hopefully everyone is feeling better now. Still, we’re always very interested in hearing from any parent who has had a bad experience with our diapers, and we take reports of rash or skin health reactions very seriously. Feel free to call us with any further questions or concerns at 1-877-256-3265. We’re here M-F 9-6 ET.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

LOL on pampers responding to a thread about huggies!

Thread Information