User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

And we're off--see elsewhere that the HST "rebate" checks are coming this week to some of us--alas my first bill has already popped up--and it's the internet fee (thru good old Shaw Cable). This is one of the things that goes up the first of next month--4$ on the nose increase per month on this alone

Don't trust ANYBODY, least of all politicians!!!!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I've been dreading this..saving for a house,definatly going to end up paying more now!

Trading Score
    297 (100%)

Yup, got my cable bill too & it sucks! Wait until the utility bills come in! People will be really upset!

We are being nickle & dimed while the Govt spends Billions on G20/G8 & some fancy fake lake in Toronto! Whats wrong with this picture! Blahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    27 (100%)

You know, I probably wouldn't mind so much if I thought it would be wisely spent.

I get the whole rationale of decreasing the layers of collection and administration required, that makes sense to me; I used to work in Mergers and Acquisitions, and companies certainly can save money based on streamlining otherwise duplicated processes (although it has an obvious human impact in jobs potentially lost through "right-sizing" - what a horrible term!!).

But then I think about MPs and MPPs objecting to the average citizen seeing the contents of their expense accounts (isn't it OUR money they're spending?) and building fake lakes and arenas that won't be used by the journalists they were intended to corrall...and while I applaud the job-creation that sort of thing entails...I just shake my head at the rest of it.

It would be interesting to see what would happen if SCers ran the government. "Well, yes, I need to order 15 new snow plows for the city, but I'm waiting until they are BOGO or at least come with a MIR for an FPC for a sidewalk plow...."

Just learning!!
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by screamy View Post
    You know, I probably wouldn't mind so much if I thought it would be wisely spent.

It would be interesting to see what would happen if SCers ran the government. "Well, yes, I need to order 15 new snow plows for the city, but I'm waiting until they are BOGO or at least come with a MIR for an FPC for a sidewalk plow...."
    Love it!!
    Join swagbucks, earn points for doing searches you would be doing anyways! Points can be redeemed for a variety of gift cards!! Why not give it a try! You've got nothing to lose!
    http://swagbucks.com/refer/melmomof3

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by screamy View Post

Love it too. Screamy you just said the funniest thing I've heard all week!

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

My parents had to rush to buy a new house on June 1, 2010 (as they were renting). They were planning to wait awhile, but the introduction of HST meant that they would have had to spend approx. $14,000 more a month later.

Join me at
    Swagbucks, earn free
    Amazon gift cards and never pay for DVDs or books again!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Already get hit with HST " HELLISH STUPID TAX" last month when I renewed my Costco membership. AAARRRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!!$$$$$$

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

same thing for me with my costco membership.

and thank god we don't pay for cable!

Trading Score
    185 (100%)

I haven't noticed any change in the taxes yet on my Cable/Phone/Internet bills...but I'm sure that will be on next months bill!

It certainly does suck that they are implementing the HST, and yet spending over a billion dollars for the G20/G8. However, at least in Ontario we are fortunate to be getting HST "transition" cheques. It's not a lot, but at least it helps a bit. BC is also implementing the HST on July 1st, and BC residents get nothing!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    49 (100%)

well I hope my phone doesn't go up much as they just gave me a promo for and extra $5.00 off

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    49 (100%)

well I hope my phone doesn't go up much as they just gave me a promo for and extra $5.00 off

Trading Score
    119 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by ahatt View Post
    However, at least in Ontario we are fortunate to be getting HST "transition" cheques. It's not a lot, but at least it helps a bit. BC is also implementing the HST on July 1st, and BC residents get nothing!
    A family member got a $330 cheque yesterday, with a note that there will be 2 or 3 more to come. They were happy. better than nothing

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Government's official stance:
    Here's your $330.00. Don't worry we'll get it back 10 fold by the end of the year in taxes!!!

Trading Score
    119 (98%)

I wish I got something...3 kids, 2 mortgages, one adult laid off since May 2009, one person on mat leave since Aug 2009. How do they determine who gets it?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information