User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ward.mama View Post
    I wish I got something...3 kids, 2 mortgages, one adult laid off since May 2009, one person on mat leave since Aug 2009. How do they determine who gets it?

i think you get the $1000 if you and your partner make less than $120,000 per year, and if you are single, you get $300 if you make less than $80,000

we got $330 today

Trading Score
    178 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by terrarankin View Post
    i think you get the $1000 if you and your partner make less than $120,000 per year, and if you are single, you get $300 if you make less than $80,000

we got $330 today

I think it's $160,000 or less per year for a family
    <a href='http://www.irazoo.com/ReferedNewUser.aspx?RefBy=wakeforsoul'></a>

Just learning!!
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by terrarankin View Post

we got $330 today
    Yaay I hope that means ours is in the mail! Will be nice to have a little extra money for a change!!
    Join swagbucks, earn points for doing searches you would be doing anyways! Points can be redeemed for a variety of gift cards!! Why not give it a try! You've got nothing to lose!
    http://swagbucks.com/refer/melmomof3

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by newmamasweet View Post
    I've been dreading this..saving for a house,definatly going to end up paying more now!
    I believe HST only applies to NEW houses. If you're buying a new-to-you house, at least in NS, you don't pay tax on it.

Another bonus of living in NS, as of July 1st we will be paying the highest HST rate in the country, up two percentage points to 15%. It pairs nicely with our other claim to fame, the highest milk prices in the country.

As for "HST cheques," no such thing here. There's GST cheques, but I think you have to be fairly low-income to get them. In any case, we're not rolling in dough but we don't get them.

So it could be worse!

Z

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by carlyincanada View Post
    Yup, got my cable bill too & it sucks! Wait until the utility bills come in! People will be really upset!

We are being nickle & dimed while the Govt spends Billions on G20/G8 & some fancy fake lake in Toronto! Whats wrong with this picture! Blahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!
    Plus don't forget GAS @ the PUMP..its going to go up by 8 % as well so it will cost you more to fill up a tank now

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am not sure why people are excited about these rebate cheques. I realize it is better than receiving nothing, but the money for the cheques is coming from the federal government, which comes from our taxes! All they are doing is returning a small portion of your own money that they took too much of in the first place. $1000 is nowhere near what the government will get from us with the HST.

The only time you hear about Mr. McGuinty is when he is coming out with a new tax grab (Health Care Premium, HST etc.) I hope people remember that in the next election and not the fact that he was nice enough to give up back our own money.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ward.mama View Post
    A family member got a $330 cheque yesterday, with a note that there will be 2 or 3 more to come. They were happy. better than nothing
    There will be 2 more ...one in Dec 2010 & the other one in June 2011 ...& then that's it no more payments after that but the HST is here to stay for ever .

Cancel your Cable guys..with just an Over The Air Antennae ( OTA ) outside your home you can get upto 20 High Definition Channels for FREE ...no Cable Bills ever again

See below :

http://www.saveandreplay.com/

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sabina View Post
    well I hope my phone doesn't go up much as they just gave me a promo for and extra $5.00 off
    I think you already pay GST + PST on your phone bill anyways so it won't be affected..it ( taxes ) will just show up as one line now ( HST ) instead of 2 lines ( GST ) + ( PST )

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

• Eligible families - including single parents and senior couples - with an annual income below $160,000 will receive three payments totalling $1,000.
    • Eligible individuals with an annual income below $80,000 will receive three payments totalling $300.
    Eligible Ontario tax filers aged 18 and over will receive three tax-free transition payments scheduled for June 10, 2010, December 2010 and June 2011. If you receive your income tax refund through direct deposit, the payment will be made to your bank account. Otherwise, you will receive a cheque in the mail.

To qualify for the two payments scheduled in 2010, you will have to file a 2009 tax return.

A 2010 tax return will have to be filed to qualify for the June 2011 payment.

http://www.rev.gov.on.ca/en/taxchang...#transitionpay

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by milobloom View Post
    Government's official stance:
    Here's your $330.00. Don't worry we'll get it back 10 fold by the end of the year in taxes!!!
    I couldn't agree with you more.

Trading Score
    297 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    Plus don't forget GAS @ the PUMP..its going to go up by 8 % as well so it will cost you more to fill up a tank now
    ------------

Yes, that one is gonna hurt big time! We go boating alot & already pay higher for gas for the boat!

Thank goodness we can save on food etc with the coupons but this tax grab sure makes you mad!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by leslie738 View Post
    I am not sure why people are excited about these rebate cheques. I realize it is better than receiving nothing, but the money for the cheques is coming from the federal government, which comes from our taxes!
    The same reason why people are excited to receive their rebate checks from companies? (ie sunlight green rebate). It's our money they're sending back, but we still get excited about it.. and instead of $7, it's hundreds of dollars.
    Last edited by Wiseman; Thu, Jun 10th, 2010 at 11:32 AM.

Just learning!!
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

[QUOTE=leslie738;2160793]I am not sure why people are excited about these rebate cheques. I realize it is better than receiving nothing, but the money for the cheques is coming from the federal government, which comes from our taxes! All they are doing is returning a small portion of your own money that they took too much of in the first place. $1000 is nowhere near what the government will get from us with the HST.]

True enough - but atleast they are giving us some of it back instead of building more fake lakes with it
    Last edited by melmomof3; Thu, Jun 10th, 2010 at 12:57 PM.
    Join swagbucks, earn points for doing searches you would be doing anyways! Points can be redeemed for a variety of gift cards!! Why not give it a try! You've got nothing to lose!
    http://swagbucks.com/refer/melmomof3

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I'm lucky that the HST won't affect me that much right now (no intentions to buy a house or make any other large purchase that will now be affected by it, nor do I drive - I bike - try and tax my muscle power gov't ).

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Ah yes - I hear they are introducing a Muscle Mass Tax - next time you lock your bike to a bike stand, there'll be a meter - press here so we can figure out your muscle strength and then deposit the appropriate amount.

OR a "Breath In" tax - luckily they're not thinking of a "Breath Out" tax too so if you can hold your breath for a long time, then you won't pay as much

We could move to another province - but - oh yeah - other provinces have these types of taxes too!

How about I just live in a hot air balloon and hover over Queen's Park - should get lots of free fuel when Parliament is in session!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information