User Tag List

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Expired
    <HR style="COLOR: #e3e3e3; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #e3e3e3" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- NuHit--><!-- / NuHit--><!-- message -->I just want to clean my carpet, does anyone know where I can rent for a carpet cleaning machine?

Much obliged ~~~<!-- GAL -->
    <!-- / message -->
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I've had terrible luck with the grocery store rentals. The machines are not well-maintained in my experience, they either have a sign on them that says, 'broken' or SHOULD have one!

Have you tried calling a company to do it to see how much they'd charge? I've also found that by the time you rent the machine, buy the soap and use your own labour, it's not really that much cheaper.

Good luck!

Z

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Most big grocery stores have them - but I agree with Zonny, plus you save on the labour! - most communities have carpet cleaning companies, and lots have deals going on this time of year.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

if you still want to rent, try home depot.
    it's not horribly expensive, and if you rent it for 24 hours, you can do a buynch of things like sofas and chairs and area rugs. if you want to do a lot of items, it might still be cost effective to do it yourself.

i need to do this in the next couple of weeks, we are going to do a bunch of things while we have the machine at home.

good luck!
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I'm not the OP but I'd like to thank everyone for their replies. I have to do my carpet really soon and have no idea where to rent.
    A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station.... what more can I say........

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

I agree with Zonny. Like 3 weeks ago, hubby rented one from Zehrs and it was such a waste of money (for the rental & soap you have to buy). It was over $50 and it didn't even clean the carpet nicely. Hubby had to go over it like 4x in our living room just to make a slight difference. Waste of time & money. I would have rather spent the $50 towards a reputable place to come & clean it. Next time, that's what we're doing. Good luck in making a choice!!
    Want FREE Gifts and gift cards each month!? Just search the web - so easy to use! Please join me on Swagbucks!
    If you need help or have any questions, please feel free to message me.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

We rented one from Lablaws a few weeks ago - as we moved and needed to clean the two rooms that have carpet

It cost us over $50 (soap and machine)
    It might have done a little bit, but to be honest - I am glad I am not the next person moving in the house cause I would not have been happy lol.

We did the best we could with the cleaning lachine from Loblaws, but I doubt we'd do that again.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Besides the cost and the fact that they don't do a great job - it's hard work! A company who comes in to do it will do a better job, and the carpet will be drier than it would have been with a rental machine.

Lucky for us, we now have leather furniture and the only carpet we have now is on the stairs, it's a PITA. Wish that was gone too!

ZA

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi,
    I've found a carpet cleaner rental company on www.RentMyStock.com. The website allows you to contact the rental company securely and they called me back within minutes.
    The price announced on RentMyStock.com was correct and I was happy with the carpet cleaner rental I found. This website offers all sorts of rental items.

Mischschael

Thread Information