User Tag List

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Got on and off the bus at the new transit centre Sorensen Station today.Sorensen Station is so poorly lit it's ridiculous.We who use Red Deer transit will need flashlights or a mining hat with a light to help us see around the transit centre.Not to mention no doors on the shelters we will be way colder in the transit centre than outside especially in the winter.It looks like a horrible eyesore too.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    118 (100%)

I thought it would be too dark...

I said that from the get go. Look across the street at the other parkade... it's quite dark in there! Add in buses emitting pollution, more "buildings" to block the light, the huge buses... what was the sound like?! Ay... obviously I haven't been down there yet... but soon! Tuesday for sure, if not tomorrow. The look of the thing is interesting... different... not much of a real opinion on it, tho.

How much money did we put into this thing? What uses the top? Cars for parking? Will it REALLY be used?! Ah!

Now, I wonder if we ever see each other on the bus?! LOL I am on it A LOT!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SmackUTwice View Post
    I thought it would be too dark...

I said that from the get go. Look across the street at the other parkade... it's quite dark in there! Add in buses emitting pollution, more "buildings" to block the light, the huge buses... what was the sound like?! Ay... obviously I haven't been down there yet... but soon! Tuesday for sure, if not tomorrow. The look of the thing is interesting... different... not much of a real opinion on it, tho.

How much money did we put into this thing? What uses the top? Cars for parking? Will it REALLY be used?! Ah!

Now, I wonder if we ever see each other on the bus?! LOL I am on it A LOT!!
    It said in one of the newspapers Sorensen Station cost $21.3 million.I even overheard a bus driver concerned about the pollution.Sound was not to bad.The top is a car parkade it's $84 monthly or $0.75 an hour and it has $6.00 limit.I don't think it will be used much at those prices.

Daddy-O
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Actually, that's not bad. I often use the one beside the old downtown theatre, and it's $1.00 an hour (of course, it's also more convenient).

Hate to spend money on parking, and frequently don't in the summer, but in the winter, not too keen on frostbite, so I'll feed the machine.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My Mum called Red Deer transit office today to find out when the grand opening of Sorensen Station is.It's on September 11 by invitation only.Guess that means people who pay bus fare aren't invited.My Mum is pretty steamed.Guess the TIIC of Red Deer don't want to hear complaints about the transit centre.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

OMG! That is pathetic, really you need an invite??? And to think you pay to use the service!!! Gotta love city council

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Eeyah View Post
    OMG! That is pathetic, really you need an invite??? And to think you pay to use the service!!! Gotta love city council
    City council don't want to hear complaints about the transit centre.My Mum called before about the transit centre grand opening and apparently there have been lots of complaints about the transit centre.I would bet the stairwells in the transit centre are heated for the car drivers judging by the pipes in the transit centre and bus transit users stay frozen in the unheated bus shelters without doors.I just think city council want the rich in Red Deer.They put the kibosh on the apartment building on the Dentoom Greenhouses old location in Glendale.
    Last edited by Poirot; Fri, Aug 27th, 2010 at 06:35 PM.

Thread Information