User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yes LD is always out of product, but the manager at our store has said they are going to limit the quantities for those shoppers that are in twice a day. They know who you are and question what are purchasers doing with so much merchandise. He even said, they know some are selling it on..Yikes. Anyway does anyone know what has happended to the pampers coupons?????I,ve been able to order them for ever and now there's none on line. Did l miss something?

Smart Canuck GottaLoveFreeebies's Avatar
    Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Very annoying when this happens. Our LD is ALWAYS out of stuff and I have a fair bit to get there. Was very happy to see that they are now limiting 4 items. But they still tend to be out so I wonder if the people that live near by still make several trips.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by theweave View Post
    I went to a Giant Tiger once on the Tuesday night, their sales are over on Tuesdays. I went for the D'Italiano Bread knowing they had coupons at the front for them that would make them 75 cents a loaf. Yes I intended to buy 6 of them to stock up! When I got there, another lady pulled up to get some too. There were 5 loaves left on the shelf. So we made a deal, 2 each and flip a loonie for the last one! I flipped it and called heads, it came up heads! So she got 2 and I got 3! We both laughed about it and moved on!

I could have been nasty and said I was here first and grabbed all 5 but I wasn't (she caught me on a nice day I guess! *LOL*).

Had that lady not been there, all 5 would have been in my cart guaranteed!!!!!!

It happens to all of us, you move on and hope you get what you want next time!

Like the Rolling Stones say "You can't always get what you want. But if you try sometimes, you'll find.... you get what you need!!!!!!"
    how nice of you- i would have done that too - in fact last week i went to fortinos and i could have cleared out the candles if i wanted too instead i came on s.c told people - annedougherty lives in my area- so she went and got some smellies - that is great we should all learn not to be so greedy and more generous in life- not just in couponing but other aspects- i let 3 people go in front of me at the grocery store the other day they had 1 or 3 items- i wasnt in a rush

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ilovecoupons View Post
    actual rule of price matching is if the orignal store is out of stock then we can go and match the price but how many times we match the price for thing that is out of stock in RCSS,Zellers,walmart etc?

so i think price matching and stacking for everything is also a greedyness.
    WRONG! Most stores, like RCSS say right on the price match sign, If you see a lower price elsewhere, we will match it. It is so they can have your business, simple as that, it's a business concept, nothing more.......Home Depot says, "they flyer is our flyer, and we will beat their lowest price by 10%"

If you think it is greedy, well then I am perfectly happy to take all your stackable coupons and let you pay full price!!
    gone shopping!

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by BCSparkyGirl View Post
    WRONG! Most stores, like RCSS say right on the price match sign, If you see a lower price elsewhere, we will match it. It is so they can have your business, simple as that, it's a business concept, nothing more.......Home Depot says, "they flyer is our flyer, and we will beat their lowest price by 10%"

If you think it is greedy, well then I am perfectly happy to take all your stackable coupons and let you pay full price!!
    i am talking about LD price mtch and stack ....and we have no right to call any stacker greedy ...

my local LD they always call the store first if i wanna match the price for something.
    Last edited by ilovecoupons; Sun, Aug 15th, 2010 at 01:34 PM.

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

OP have said there wasnt cascade in store to buy ,it dosent mean that person who took 3-4 cascade and stacked was greedy or selfish.
    Last edited by ilovecoupons; Sun, Aug 15th, 2010 at 01:36 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    242 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by BCSparkyGirl View Post
    Coupons = Little pieces of paper you get FREE from the stores, from reps and from companies (ie: Not gold)

Canadian Banana
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ilovecoupons View Post
    u r funny,but i think stacking is also not right thing to do(i am counting myself also).why we stackers always or most of the time price match for everything(we have coupon for) just because we want to stack right,actual rule of price matching is if the orignal store is out of stock then we can go and match the price but how many times we match the price for thing that is out of stock in RCSS,Zellers,walmart etc?

we/me will go to LD wil show the flyer to CS person and will use stack of coupons .LD dont carry that much quantity .so if 4-5 stackers will price match and stack what is left in store for other pplz (who dont use coupons).

so i think price matching and stacking for everything is also a greedyness.
    Oh I never heard this out of stock policy. And by greediness you mean depriving a certain corporation of real sales? =S I see greedyness as a situation where someone hoards and clears out the shelf when someone next to you wanted 1 or 2 of the item(couponer or not)..
    Last edited by enjae; Mon, Aug 16th, 2010 at 02:35 AM.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    102 (98%)

I always phone my LD of choice 4 days before shopping as that is how long it takes the warehouse to restock them.....She will order me anything in any amount with the promise I show up the day the truck arrives to shop as LD does not have a storeroom for overstock...hence the overstock items shelf! I will not take more than one thing off of the shelf if I find a deal after I get there so I can never be called "the one who cleared the shelves" although I do HUGE shops at a time ( sometimes $1500.00 or more) ! Also on a side note, I have never seen more than 6 cascades on the shelf and have ordered them in for me because of it....I know when all my coupons expire and plan my shops 2 weeks in advance so I do not have to let the go to trash......
    Jessica Baker......mom to Alexander with Methylmalonic Acidemia, Myla-anne and Madyson!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    30 (100%)

LD wants you to come in and pricematch & stack coupons.....just be polite -( ie. don't argue if they don't accept or adjust the coupon value), have your coupons organized, and don't "clear the shelves."

Look at the shelves the next time you go into London Drugs; they have bright red 4" by 6" postcards affixed to the shelves, clearly stating, "We will match all competitor's prices. We are committed to offer you the lowest price." There are 100's of these little cards placed all through the aisles at every store.

It's interesting about the Cascades item, some LD stores have 20 packs on the shelf at all times, some apparently only six. Different stores may give more shelf space to different items, as well, some LD's may proactively increase orders of items that sell frequently, some may not. Also, the inventory & variety of items does vary store by store.

Trading Score
    211 (100%)

Don't forget to check endcaps too if they are out of it on the regular shelf.
    Amazon and Starbucks GiftCards for Searching the net? Yes I did and so can you!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/canadianbugga

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

oops posted in wrong spot!
    Collecting Campbell's soup labels for our school RAKs greatly appreciated.
    Using WagJag for great deals!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread Information