User Tag List

Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast
Like Tree149Likes

Thread: Update Sept24 new finds/New Pics of house,stash and binder: "I love our Kijiji house!

Trading Score
    90 (100%)

So many people have told me that but I am always more than willing to help others or even locate and item if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by redfox View Post
    you could come and decorate my home, anytime...

you have beautiful taste... you'r the canadian version of dina's party
    you should send pics of your home to hgtv.
    Last edited by watergirl73; Tue, Jul 24th, 2012 at 01:31 AM.
    Join Swagbucks Today!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/watergirl73
    I've made $50 how easy is that!
    Trade List and Wish List 2011

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Love the new finds!!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

what a great stockpile !!! great finds ! beautiful home

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    44 (100%)

I love the new finds. I've found a few more items on kijiji myself. The fireplace insert didn't work out well nobody got back so the search is back on I know patience will prevail (I think my spelling needs some tonight lol).

Trading Score
    90 (100%)

Oh... what did you find please do tell! I'm on the look out for another large rug. Tell me more about the fireplace insert so I can help you look. Yes have patience trust me. If they dont get back try again as sometimes emails from kijiji go to junk mail and people miss them.

Quote Originally Posted by sonyamary View Post
    I love the new finds. I've found a few more items on kijiji myself. The fireplace insert didn't work out well nobody got back so the search is back on I know patience will prevail (I think my spelling needs some tonight lol).
    Join Swagbucks Today!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    44 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by watergirl73 View Post
    Oh... what did you find please do tell! I'm on the look out for another large rug. Tell me more about the fireplace insert so I can help you look. Yes have patience trust me. If they dont get back try again as sometimes emails from kijiji go to junk mail and people miss them.

This past monday I found a mobile filing cabinet $15.00, 2 or 3 weeks ago stainless steel water cooler $20.00. These are some recent buys

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

WOW... if I entered your house I would think you spent a fortune on everything. Well done! I find it hard to find stuff on kijiji/craigslist or things go fast. How do you do it?!?!?!

Trading Score
    90 (100%)

Great deal on the stainless steel watercooler I sold my white one for $40.00.
    Well let me know about the fireplace insert and I'll keep my eyes open for you. If you see any 8x11 or larger rugs PM me I'm interested!

This past monday I found a mobile filing cabinet $15.00, 2 or 3 weeks ago stainless steel water cooler $20.00. These are some recent buys
    Join Swagbucks Today!

Trading Score
    90 (100%)

I had to go searching through this thread as I knew at one point I had posted some tips for an Sc'r wanting the same info. I added to the list and posted it in the first thread at the bottom now so others can easily read it.
    Here is what I posted and I added some new tips. Enjoy.
    My kijiji Finding Tips!

Top Tip:
    Email them straight away if you are remotely interested in order to get yourself in the door per say. If they provide a phone number, call it or you may lose out if you plan on just emailing them.

1. Ask alot of questions ie: age of product, any damage; is it an easy fix, why they are selling, mfg of product, year of purchase etc.

2. Research the product you potentially are purchasing and reply asap if you are interested before someone else gets it!

3. Plan to visit the product and seller always keep your money in your pocket.

4. Chat to the seller when you meet them, get to know them, look at their surroundings, area of living, are they downsizing, do they just want it gone, is it a divorce sale, moving sale etc.. essentially I think "what will make this seller happy"

5. Make an offer but don't low ball them to make them feel upset, I meet in the middle from their asking price. Most often they take my first offer or we bargain.

6. If you don't hear back from a seller, email them again as it may have ended in their junk mail.

7. If you don't own a truck make friends with someone who does and be prepared to go, go, go.

8. Don't be afraid to drive to a different town to pick something up especially if the price is right.

9. Try to envision the piece in your home , it may not look great when you see it but the potential to fix or restore it is not as costly as you may think in most cases.

10.Set a budget, set goals, envision what you would like the decor in your home to look like and start looking for pieces to compliment this vision to keep a theme throughout. Don't be in a rush to finish as if the price is too high keep looking you will find it at the price you are prepared to pay! Items you can't find on Kijiji wait until a great sale comes on and they buy what you need at the store. Ie: we picked up 3 sets of curtains last week at Homesense reg: $160.00 for $45.00 total. We also found tie backs for the curtains reg $39.99 on sale for $10.00- discount coupons for the store... take advantage of these great deals when they surface.

11. Don't limit your searching to your own city search surrounding areas.

12. If its too good to be true, it may just be BUT I've found awesome deals through people truly just wanting it GONE!

13. Never pay for it online or through any other means than in person and in cash.

14. Have patience, you will find what you need.

15. Try to search often as you could miss a great deal.

16. Search in "buy and Sell' and you will see everything posted as it comes along for all items. Or if you want do a product word search.

I'll add more tips as I go along. Hope that helps a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Pucca_Garu View Post
    WOW... if I entered your house I would think you spent a fortune on everything. Well done! I find it hard to find stuff on kijiji/craigslist or things go fast. How do you do it?!?!?!
    Last edited by watergirl73; Wed, Nov 9th, 2011 at 12:09 PM.
    Join Swagbucks Today!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I posted on Kijiji a few months ago selling a flat screen TV for a really good price - for less than what the normal asking price is on Amazon. It was in mint condition, no dents, digs, scratches, etc. Works perfectly. I did have some offers, but there was one individual who emailed twice asking if I could sell it for $30 or even give it away for free. Boy, the nerve of that person!

I did happen to respond and say I would only give it away for free if it was being used for charity purposes. Of course the person did not respond, but just thought I would share this story with all of you! It can be a bargain on the buyer's end, but sometimes a hassle on the seller's end too!

Trading Score
    90 (100%)

What I would suggest then is if you are posting something for sale state the stipulations, if you price an item at $100 you can put these stipulations as well.
    ie: no low ballers
    ie: firm on price
    Will not respond to low ballers or offers other than what is stated. It really depends on how fast you want to sell it and what price you have in your mind. In the end its your decision.

If you put OBO ( or best offer) yes expect those types of emails as everyone will give it a try. If you put nothing expect people to bargain with you absolutely.

You have the power to either email them back or ignore them but when they see stipulations it tends to ward off people and may occurr less often.

Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by browngirl82 View Post
    I posted on Kijiji a few months ago selling a flat screen TV for a really good price - for less than what the normal asking price is on Amazon. It was in mint condition, no dents, digs, scratches, etc. Works perfectly. I did have some offers, but there was one individual who emailed twice asking if I could sell it for $30 or even give it away for free. Boy, the nerve of that person!

I did happen to respond and say I would only give it away for free if it was being used for charity purposes. Of course the person did not respond, but just thought I would share this story with all of you! It can be a bargain on the buyer's end, but sometimes a hassle on the seller's end too!
    Last edited by watergirl73; Thu, Nov 10th, 2011 at 02:53 PM.
    Join Swagbucks Today!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

What I would suggest then is if you are posting something for sale state the stipulations, if you price an item at $100 you can put these stipulations as well.
    ie: no low ballers
    ie: firm on price
    Will not respond to low ballers or offers other than what is stated. It really depends on how fast you want to sell it and what price you have in your mind. In the end its your decision.

If you put OBO ( or best offer) yes expect those types of emails as everyone will give it a try. If you put nothing expect people to bargain with you absolutely.

You have the power to either email them back or ignore them but when they see stipulations it tends to ward off people and may occurr less often.

Hope that helps.
    Thanks for the tips watergirl73! I did state the price and was quite firm on it - even uploaded nice photos, and yet the person emailed a few times asking if I could give it to them for free. I don't mind donating but at the same time, it would have to be donated for a good cause and not because someone wants to save money.

Trading Score
    90 (100%)

Some people will go to all lengths I guess lol... I'm sure if you wanted to offer it for free you would have listed it as that. In that case you could simply do one of two things
    1- ignore the email
    2- politely email them and tell them it is for sale and not for free and you are firm on the price, end of story and leave it at that with no more response to further emails as the liklihood of them wanting to buy it for your price is slim to none.

You could also direct them to their local freecycle community on yahoo canada where all items are free. They can post what they are looking for or search to see if someone has one to offer for free.

QUOTE=browngirl82;4091994]Thanks for the tips watergirl73! I did state the price and was quite firm on it - even uploaded nice photos, and yet the person emailed a few times asking if I could give it to them for free. I don't mind donating but at the same time, it would have to be donated for a good cause and not because someone wants to save money.[/QUOTE]
    Join Swagbucks Today!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    44 (100%)

Great deal on the stainless steel watercooler I sold my white one for $40.00.
    Well let me know about the fireplace insert and I'll keep my eyes open for you. If you see any 8x11 or larger rugs PM me I'm interested!
    No problem, any specific color or similar to the ones you have pics of? the fireplace insert as long as it electric, excellent condition, price $150.00 or less (because I've seen them on sale at CT for $199.00) so I think this is a good offer

Trading Score
    90 (100%)

Mine is fairly large and i did see one similar last week for 250 which was an awesome deal, same color. Measure your area first to make sure it will fit. If you can handle the size i have then I will keep an eye out. I believe it is 55inch.

No problem, any specific color or similar to the ones you have pics of? the fireplace insert as long as it electric, excellent condition, price $150.00 or less (because I've seen them on sale at CT for $199.00) so I think this is a good offer
    Last edited by watergirl73; Tue, Jul 24th, 2012 at 01:32 AM.
    Join Swagbucks Today!

Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast

Thread Information