User Tag List

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Hi Everyone

I need some help.....

My DS is now 10 months. He is in the 75th percentile for height and weight and eats a large variety of foods including yogurt,cheese,etc. I am thinking of switching him to milk as I am not sure he needs the formula any more (and it is soooo expensive). I can't remember what I did with DD (she is 7 and my 2nd (DS) was strictly breastfed for 13 months and never had formula.

Also, I would like to know how you switched....gradually or "cold turkey"?

Thanks in advance for your comments and suggestions

Have a great day
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    239 (100%)

We started DS slowly with homo milk between 9-10 months. His doctor said it was totally ok to do so, and our little man didn't seem to notice a difference. He was exclusively switched over right after he turned 1, although we still kept a little can of formula in the house for the days where he wouldn't eat as much as he should...

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    119 (100%)

We waited until ours turned 1 and then he went cold turkey from formula to milk and he hasn't looked back since!!

Trading Score
    49 (100%)

i waited until 12 months...

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

My DS was 10 months old, we put half homo and half formula (mixed w/ water) in an 8 ounce bottle. He was really upset about it atfirst, but got used to it. We slowly added the amount of milk every couple of days, it took about 2 weeks to get him fully on milk. I am kind of in the same position now with the 2% issue as DS is almost 2. Good luck with it. I know its sad to see them grow up.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    38 (100%)

I'm about to switch my baby from formula to homo milk. She's almost 11 months old and I will be going back to work next month - want to do the switch before I send her to the caregiver. I bought the milk and I plan to introduce it to her tomorrow. I'll try one bottle in the morning to make sure she does not have a negative reaction and then I'll replace another bottle gradually - faster if she likes it, slower if there's an issue. I didn't have a problem doing this with my 2 older sons around the same age. I am concerned with this one because she doesn't eat much and she's smaller than her brother's were but still in the normal range. I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow!

Thread Information