User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I'm waiting to see if Bell remembers not to charge Hamiltonians the city calling expansion fee of 30 cents after November 2010. It was to be a 3-year deal only to help pay for making all parts of The New City of Hamilton a local call.

When the Bell letter about the CRTC rebate came, there was a coupon to entice interest in Bell products. Recovery attempt-most likely.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

So even though I was with bell for 10 years I get nothing because I finally man'ed up and got rid of the bastids?

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

If you upped and left Bell after August 31, 2010 you'd likely be on their customer list used to decide who gets rebates.

If you parted ways before that date, sadly you are likely not getting the rebate. I think there was an argument made about giving all customers who paid into the fund a rebate but Bell argued about pinning a date. Claim about not being able to go back too far, etc.

In fact, if you ever had a billing issue, you had to call Bell while the current bill was in their system. CSRs have told me they cannot do anything about older bills as they don't have them.

BTW, the rebate has not hit the mailbox YET.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Eh..... even though I no longer qualify for the rebate, being rid of Bhell and not having to deal with them has been priceless.

Trading Score
    103 (100%)

What about their long-term 'rural' customers. Do the towns get the rebate?
    I'm on the lowest phone and internet plans they've got, and my MTS bill this month is still $96.00, and I almost died of shock when I got that bill.

I just switched to their 'middle' internet plan on Dec.10. I was on the 'lowest' one, which was about to terminate and be moved to the 'highest' one; but their bill shows me on their highest one anyway for the whole month of December, although they did apply 1/3 of the credit due, because I changed the account before Dec.10.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Valiant View Post
    What about their long-term 'rural' customers. Do the towns get the rebate?
    I'm on the lowest phone and internet plans they've got, and my MTS bill this month is still $96.00, and I almost died of shock when I got that bill.

I just switched to their 'middle' internet plan on Dec.10. I was on the 'lowest' one, which was about to terminate and be moved to the 'highest' one; but their bill shows me on their highest one anyway for the whole month of December, although they did apply 1/3 of the credit due, because I changed the account before Dec.10.
    Your internet plan might not be unlimited ...you might be on a limited bandwidth plan like 2 GB , 3 GB etc ..so the moment you go over this bandwidth they charge you extra for each MB used .

Usually just 1 hr of video streaming like you tube etc = 1 GB bandwidth used

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

So they can go back 18 months for those annoying calls to get your business back..but not to give back money you overpaid...go figure
    The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
    I have nothing to do today and hope to be half done by noon.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Mon, Jan 19th, 2015 at 07:17 PM.

I LUV FREE Stuff
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Got my rebate notification from Telus for $32.....hhhmm....Not Bad....!!! but at the bottom they said I can increase it to $100 (to some BB/Iphone device etc) if you renew your contract or you can donate your rebate to Children hospital. I would rather donate it than renew my contract as I will get more rebate from Vision electronic for new customer or renewal....I got $200 in the past....

Trading Score
    103 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    Your internet plan might not be unlimited ...you might be on a limited bandwidth plan like 2 GB , 3 GB etc ..so the moment you go over this bandwidth they charge you extra for each MB used .

Usually just 1 hr of video streaming like you tube etc = 1 GB bandwidth used
    I've never had any extra charges, because I don't subscribe to extra features in the past 6 years I've had high speed internet.
    Since Dec.10/09, I've been on the High Speed Internet Lightning Plan @ $45.95 per month, minus the discount of $19.95 per month for the first 12 months.
    But I recently changed it to their Light Plan @ $32.95 per month, starting on December 8/10 because the discount would end on Dec.10, and I would have then had to start paying a full $45.95 per month (+ taxes) just for internet. The bill just came and they still have my plan designated at $45.95 per month (from Dec.1 to Dec.31), but minus 1/3 of the monthly discount because I changed it 1/3 of the way through the month (Dec.10).

At that time, the internet tech team changed my configurations appropriately when I connect to the internet with my modem. This is not dial-up, it's high speed internet available to the towns, but the slowest form of high-speed (like a turtle struggling through a January snowbank). In reality, I have been on my present High Speed Internet Light Plan since Dec.10, so I don't know why I still have to pay the price of the former plan? I'll phone them this week, and try to hash it out. This sort of thing happens with MTS from time to time with their billing calculations.
    Last edited by Valiant; Sun, Dec 19th, 2010 at 10:36 AM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I've never had any extra charges, because I don't subscribe to extra features in the past 6 years I've had high speed internet.
    Since Dec.10/09, I've been on the High Speed Internet Lightning Plan @ $45.95 per month, minus the discount of $19.95 per month for the first 12 months.

But I recently changed it to their Light Plan @ $32.95 per month, starting on December 8/10 because the discount would end on Dec.10, and I would have then had to start paying a full $45.95 per month (+ taxes) just for internet. The bill just came and they still have my plan designated at $45.95 per month (from Dec.1 to Dec.31), but minus 1/3 of the monthly discount because I changed it 1/3 of the way through the month (Dec.10).

At that time, the internet tech team changed my configurations appropriately when I connect to the internet with my modem. This is not dial-up, it's high speed internet available to the towns, but the slowest form of high-speed (like a turtle struggling through a January snowbank). In reality, I have been on my present High Speed Internet Light Plan since Dec.10, so I don't know why I still have to pay the price of the former plan? I'll phone them this week, and try to hash it out. This sort of thing happens with MTS from time to time with their billing calculations.
    If you are on the High Speed Internet Lightning Plan @ $45.95 from MTS it has Usage Threshold also known as Bandwidth cap of 60 GB ( See Below )

http://www.mts.ca/hsiwsc/Consumer_HSI.html

If you exceed that Bandwidth of 60 GB per month ..
    they will charge you extra for it ..its very unlikely that you will exceed that as 60 GB is a lot fro normal use ..but if you download a lot or if you video stream a lot like watching movies , youtube etc there is a possibility that you might exceed 60 GB per month .But I think now you are on the Light Plan ..it only has a Usage Threshold of 10 GB ..so be careful with that as you can easily exceed that cap of 10 GB per month .I think earlier you had no extra charges bcoz you were with the higher plan with the 60 GB Usage but now you only have 10 GB usage with the light plan ..its very easy to go above 10 GB Usage per month .

You don't need any extra services to be charged extra ..you only need to go above your Usage threshold of 10 GB to be billed extra .What is a Gigabyte (GB)?

Examples of approximately 1 gigabyte of data include one of the following:

• About 8,000 web pages.
    • About 95,000 emails (text only – no attachments).
    • About 17 hours of streaming audio (128kbps quality).
    • About 8 hours of streaming video (low quality).
    • About 5 hours of streaming video (high quality).
    • About 1 hour of streaming video (high definition).
    • About 166 CD-quality MP3 files.
    • About 1.3 movies (standard definition).
    • About 25 hours of online gaming (Xbox Live)
    • About 4 days of online gaming (PC).

Trading Score
    103 (100%)

Hey, thanks for all the info.
    I've been on their Light plan before, but have never had any extra charges. They keep switching me from plan to plan when the time's up.
    I don't watch movies, etc.; but I have played the radio sometimes. Occasionally, I'll click on a YouTube link and watch.

I'll print out a copy of your info and discuss it with the MTS staff. But I think they just erred in the billing, because the bill shows my old username account and plan and costs till the end of Dec., instead of my new one which was supposed to come into effect on Dec.8.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Hey, thanks for all the info.
    I've been on their Light plan before, but have never had any extra charges. They keep switching me from plan to plan when the time's up.
    I don't watch movies, etc.; but I have played the radio sometimes. Occasionally, I'll click on a YouTube link and watch.

I'll print out a copy of your info and discuss it with the MTS staff. But I think they just erred in the billing, because the bill shows my old username account and plan and costs till the end of Dec., instead of my new one which was supposed to come into effect on Dec.8.
    yeah .. it looks like a billing error .

But just to be on the safe side ask them what happens if you exceed your 10 GB usage per month .. ask them how much do they charge you per 1 GB extra if you go above that .

A friend of mine is with BELL ( not MTS ) & also has a cap on his bandwidth usage per month ..everytime he goes above that BELL charges him a per GB charge for every GB he is above

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Has anyone actually received this rebate so far ?

Hopefully I get mine soon from BELL

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information