User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

We had a family day yesterday at Magic Mountain (waterslide park in Moncton) and although it was great and the kids had a great time I felt a twinge of sadness. It was great, dont get me wrong, but with school being a week away and with me returning to work in a couple of weeks, it just felt like the end of summer already. I know this week is just gonna fly by with us getting the 4 kids ready for school...

It got me to thinking about what's in store for us in 3 more years when we will be driving our son to Halifax for university, and it made me feel even sadder!!!

Does anyone else feel this way?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    The average dog
    is nicer
    than the average person.

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

I am excited for Fall...I love it lol
    But I understand what your saying...one of teh hardest times was when my parents drove me to college....I dreaded that summer ending. But after much tears and many weeks contemplating if I wanted to be away from home it got easier...for me my mom still cry's when I leave home after a visit and I have been gone almost 6 years haha
    I think parents never get used to there kids leaving home no matter how much time passes...but its a new chapter and an new experience so welcome it with open arms New memories are waiting to be made

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

i know what you mean as much as i can't wait for the boys to start school they are driving me nuts i will miss summer it's always hard to say goodbye but i do love fall i love seeing the leaves changing colours it's so pretty going for nice long walks in the park trails and long drives in the country and apple picking i love apple picking

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

awwwh me too, although my situation is different lol. I'm going back home away from my mommy again yesterday was my last day of work and i had to say goodbye to everyone. (they even bought me a cake but it wasn't GF... had some anyways though lol I still feel icky) but i hate leaving my lil sister and mom (plus my sister always cries and she's 12, so you know she is really really gonna miss me) but i can't wait for school to start and for colder weather so i can bake

Trading Score
    14 (100%)

My kids are so bored, they really need to get back to school and I need them to go back for my own sanity! LOL I can't imagine my eldest son leaving for university, grab me some Kleenex! My husband always jokes about DS leaving to play hockey in another city in a few years, I told him well guess where were moving then!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    38 (100%)

I'm currently on my last maternity leave and return to work mid-September. My oldest son is going in grade 2, middle son is entering jk and my baby is turning 1 in October. All of them reached milestones this summer and it's been great to be there for them. I'm really sad to be going back to work, knowing this is my last baby. But, I'm sure once I get into work mode, things will get better. To answer your question, yes - I do miss summer already!

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by amandamck View Post
    My kids are so bored, they really need to get back to school and I need them to go back for my own sanity! LOL I can't imagine my eldest son leaving for university, grab me some Kleenex! My husband always jokes about DS leaving to play hockey in another city in a few years, I told him well guess where were moving then!
    Me too. My dear son has 3 years until he finishes high school, but it just seems like everything is moving so fast (he starts grade 10 next week. My work friends are currently going through this (having their kids leave for university, "empty nest" syndrome) and it fills me with dread thinking in 3 years ds is leaving, in 5 yrs dd is going to follow....

Even my youngest is starting prekindergarten next week - gonna have an empty house for a few hours. This at first seemed like a reason for DH and me to have a party, but right now, it just makes me feel so sad thinking about it.
    Last edited by DiamondLil; Tue, Aug 31st, 2010 at 11:23 AM.
    The average dog
    is nicer
    than the average person.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Lil, I know how you feel about one getting close to graduating, my son did a year ago. But he's stayed at home this past year, working, because he hasn't been able to find an apprenticeship. It's actually been wonderful 'getting to know him' all over again - because in high school he was SO busy with school, work and friends... plus he's much more mature now.

I was sad every year, though, when school began, because I was a SAHM and the summers were always a blast with him!

As for missing summer, well, it's about 12 degrees here, so I figure she's gone!

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

I am having a hard time with my kids my daughter just turned 13 going into gr 8 and son will be turning 16 end of year going into gr 11. For me I hate the thoughts of being alone(no husband). I try not to think about it to much or I go a little nutty! As for summer I say HELLO FALL Love Fall!

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

I am gonna miss the lazy, carefree, do nothing days of summer with my kids. We had a great summer - visited family, went on a trip with grandad, beach days... and now with them returning to school and me going back to work, its just a harsh snap back to reality, I guess.

If I'm feeling so down with them going to school, I'm gonna be miserable when they start leaving for university!!!
    The average dog
    is nicer
    than the average person.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

i will also miss the lazy mornings too not having to yell and scream at the boys to eat brush their teeth and get dressed but it will be nice to have some peace and quiet in the house they are so bored and i swear if i hear what can i do one more time i'm going to explode *splat*

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

The leaves here are already starting to turn and fall. Its sad

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

I don't mind, time stops for no one so I just look forward to the next season. They all bring something different. Kiera is starting kindergarten tomorrow so Patty will have some peace and quiet. for a few hours.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DH666 View Post
    I don't mind, time stops for no one so I just look forward to the next season. They all bring something different. Kiera is starting kindergarten tomorrow so Patty will have some peace and quiet. for a few hours.
    Oh, I know that. It just feels sometimes that everything is just rushing by so fast. And probably when Sam gets accustomed to his schedule with going to school, we are going to enjoy the empty house. I just feel a little sad thinking my baby's going to pre kindergarten.

Maybe its the change in seasons, maybe its realizing my children are growing into independent teenagers, it just feels sometimes like the months and years are going by so quickly. I know life doesnt have a pause button, but I'd love to be able to take it off fast forward!
    The average dog
    is nicer
    than the average person.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

we have a lot of leaves on the ground today

bah humbug
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information