User Tag List

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

So i was at my local LD yesterday.
    I had 2 coupons for Kotex U, one coupon was for $1.50 off any product that i clipped out from red plum. and the other was a $1.00 off for any product and it was a manufacture's coupon.

So the promo i saw at LD was if you buy any 2 Kotex U products you get a free E-Z ware t-shirt (which cost $9.99) for free. So i wanted to buy the kotex U pantiliners that comes with a small tin box. They were 1.99 each. So i figured i can use both my coupons and get the free tee. I read the coupons it didn't say i couldn't combine it with another offer etc.

So I walk up to the customer service desk, gave my things to a cashier. Then she proceeds to tell me I cannot use both my coupons, i can only use one. And i ask her why, because I've shopped at the LD many times, and I have used multiple coupons at once. Her reply to me is that " YOU ARE ALREADY PAYING SO LITTLE, YOU CAN"T USE COUPONS"... my jaw just dropped.
    So i just firmly asked her if i could see the manager regarding this matter. She didn't answer me, but then without saying anything she accepted the 2nd coupon. ** shrugs **

So my final balance $1.39 without coupons would have been over $4.

I know it's not alot of money, but saving is saving, i don't care, even if it's $0.50, i still saved something...
    This thread is currently associated with: London Drugs, Red Plum

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Wow, some cashiers love to make up their own rules.
    I had an issue at Zellers where the CS lady didn't want to let me exchange some diapers, because, I quote, "They're 2 different sizes." They were unopened and nothing was wrong with them.
    Manager made her exchange them, and when I bought some she refused my SPC card..called the manager, again, and lo and behold..I got to use my SPC card.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

oh brother

mle
    Female
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Wow, some cashier!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    30 (100%)

the irony is that you wanted to use 2 coupons.....on 2 items!...you weren't even stacking.

this sounds like one of the manager's at my local SDM; she refuses coupons on a regular basis, if she feels you're getting too good of a deal - can't use coupons on clearance items, can't use Stayfree FPC on a bonus pack, etc.

(the irony is that I told her I had just used my other Stayfree FPC on a bonus pack there 2 days before; she sniffed and said what the other manager's do is their own decision.)

Thread Information