User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Eating paper

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

When I was about 5 or 6 I enjoyed eating papers too, lol!
    Want Free Paypal money or Gift Cards? Here you go!!!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/thiennga

Thanks for being my referral!!!

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

OMG(osh)...thanks for posting...I am having this problem with my DD right now, I think her solids diet now is 30% paper....and she doesnt discriminate: she eats books, newspaper, magazines, paper tags on toys, envelopes...MY FLYERS!!! You name it, if its paper...she wants it. This is frustrating!!! Seriously.....what is the deal with this obsession!!!??

Trading Score
    14 (100%)

I used to chew on my baseball glove when I was a kid, dunno why, bored I guess and my son a few years ago would be bored in school and chew on his shirt. The first few holes he said he caught his shirt on a door or a friend pulled him, then I caught on. That was an expensive habit!!!

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Oh..wow, amanda, that reminds me, I used to do that, too. xD
    Not my shirts, though. I wore my mum's bf's shirts to bed when I was little, cause they were really big (he's a 3X) and they were nice to sleep in. I ate those. xD

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My daughter likes to eat dog/cat food. Also, when I was in college I witnessed the guy sitting beside me eat and swallow a piece of paper. It was regular size notebook paper. He said he didn't feel like throwing it out.

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Minou View Post
    It's the reason board books were invented.
    And those plastic bath books!!

All of mine did. I think it's a right of passage.

Just invest in some board and bath books. Also if you can find them on kijiji or ebay (they don't make them anymore), the Leapfrog leap pad baby books are tear resistant.
    http://www.amazon.com/LeapFrog-10095.../dp/B00012TISM
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I got 3 at Winners. One is a teether book.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My DS is 20mths old. and i swear he is worse than a dog! everything goes in his mouth. my other kids were not like this at all. but oh does he love the paper! he ate a pair of 3-D glasses last week, and part of my Christmas Wish Book from Sears

Skankarina on the prowl MercyEhm's Avatar
    Trading Score
    86 (100%)

My son is 7mo and he LOVES LOVES LOVES paper. I let him rip apart magazines and watch him closely. The SECOND he brings it to his mouth I just say no and pull his hand away. YES, I can do it 1000x in the span of a minute but he'll get it. PATIENCE my dear LOL PATIENCE. If I turn my head for a hlaf second to sneeze, little bugger's eating the paper. he loves to rip it and shake it. I don't let him play with newspapers because the ink is toxic but anything glossy is fair game. Allowing them to play with things that YOU read allows them to develop a love for reading. Let her do it, just keep a close eye on her.

BTW.. I read your other thread on the crawling thing. Putting her on a blanket won't allow her to crawl, no grip (as you mentioned). If you go to Zellers this week they have those puzzle mats on sale for 9.99 and they're GREAT! It's padded so the wonking head thing is a non-issue. my son is starting to crawl and I have the same issue, hardwood floors everywhere He turns around and whacks his noggin lol poor thing.

Seriously though, those puzzle mats are a god send. I bought 2 so the cover the main area where he plays in the living room and the colors keep his occupied as well. They have pieces within the pieces that come apart so it's also a learning tool

Good luck! It's nerve wracking isn't it?
    Instant Human Just Add COFFEE!

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Oh, I bought some from Walmart.
    8 for under $25 (2 packs)

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It seems obvious for infants who play out of watch of their parents to do something wrong. Paper eating habit can be solved by alertness and taking care that child is away from such things. You may replace it with other things that your child likes to play with. If there are milk teeth still growing then your child needs to be given some uncut vegetables or fruits to keep in mouth while he plays to make him feel good as he experiences itching in gums.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information