User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Eating paper

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Does anyone else have babies that want to eat/play with paper?
    Luna's already destroyed her Cinderella and Bambi books because if you leave her with them for just a second, she'll eat the pages. She's already tried eating her cardboard Dinos Jumping on the Bed and the corners are water 'damaged'.
    I can give her a flyer to hold in the stroller and she'll tear it to pieces then try to eat them.
    Is this normal?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

ds will rip paper but the only paper he will eat is archie comic style paper (my brother reads archie comics and sometimes forgets them here when he visits). we just dont let him have those. he will rip flyers and magazines as well as loose sheets of paper but he wont eat them. he will not rip my books though. he actually picks them up and gives them to me lol its so cute when he does that. (though sometimes i end up piled in a mountain of books). good luck
    Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I am a bit of a news addict. When DS was younger, I couldn't leave my newspapers in the same room with him - if I did, I'd find them shredded, I'd find them chomped on, etc. I think that newspapers make a delightful sound for little folks when being crumpled and ripped!

Z

Trading Score
    239 (100%)

Definately the noise is a big reason that little ones will play with newspapers, flyers, etc...

DS has an obsession with eating crayons. Anytime we color, he will bite bits off and eat them! I have no clue why... *shrug* kids... lol

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

It's the reason board books were invented.

Trading Score
    112 (100%)

When my DD was younger she would cry at the sound of ripping paper we discovered this on Christmas morning, she was about 5 months old. She grew out of it and discovered that she too also liked to eat and chew on paper. She even managed to eat the board books! She did eventually grow out of it but her poor little borther inherited board books with all of the corners chewed off
    Win daily prizes worth $150 to $10000 sign up here!! I've won 3x $150 GCs since Jan.2012
    http://www.todaysdraw.com/?invite=5780

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

perfectly normal.. i have a few books which have been chewed at the corners from her.. i ended up taking away all the traditional books and only letting her have the board books due to chewing on them or ripping the pages it's a stage, you can buy baby fabric books but those arn't always as much fun as chewing on the cardboard just wait.. soon you'll start calling "flip a tab" books (peek a boo books) as "rip a tab" books packing tape becomes your best friends
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by nadiabreckon View Post

DS has an obsession with eating crayons. Anytime we color, he will bite bits off and eat them! I have no clue why... *shrug* kids... lol
    i think i finally kicked toodles of that habit! (though i'm sure if i let her play long enough she'd take a bite outta them) she used to take a bite right out of the center of the crayon.. looked like her crayons were attacked by sharks lol

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I've not let her have my crayons, yet.she'd probably eat those.
    She eats everything. ._.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

My DS ate an entire cardboard book by the time he was 9 months old. He was obsessed. He got over it though, I think it just felt good on his gums.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

oh a suggestion.. don't buy board books that have a hollow spine(where the book is wrapped in the cover and the spine makes a gap when opened like a hard back novel vrs say a paperback novel where the spine is attached), make sure the spine is glued to the book it helps the book last longer! toodles practically took the spine off more then one book

have you got her toys to chew on?? toodles loved her sophie to chew on (have some great pix of her going to town on it)

Trading Score
    60 (100%)

Oh dear... Not sure if I am looking forward to having my books chewed off... *sigh*
    At the right time, a kind word from a stranger, or encouragement from a friend, can make all the difference in the world. Kindness is free, but it's priceless. ~ Doe Zantamata

"And it's always the right time!" ~ Woofy

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

All the books I have were sent by my mother or DH's mum, but I'll look for the attached spine ones when/if I buy her any.

She has sooooo many chewy things, but she prefers paper.
    She has a fruit teether ring, a water filled bear that I can put in the fridge, a teether ring you freeze, and a Lamaze toy..I dunno why, but it's the PAPER. lol

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Oohhh, Woofy!
    Hide your own books from him!
    That's one of the reasons I give her her own. I love to read, and if she sees me reading, she wants MY book.

couponchick
    Trading Score
    172 (97%)

my son is 5 months tomorrow and gets all excited when he sees anytype of paper....(crazy) and will try climbing over you and flaps his arms and yells when he sees it... went to visit work today oh my it was crazy!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information